CTF Map Network playability

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Poppa_Cap

Level Designer
Dec 2, 2001
members.rogers.com
I have built a CTF map and I tested it on my machine and it works fine. The problem is, that when I try to play it on a network, it gets to the connect screen but never goes any further than that point. I have tested other levels and they work fine. Is there some sort of setting that needs to be enabled or configured so it will work in a network game?

Poppa_Cap

Level Designer
Dec 2, 2001
members.rogers.com
Ya, there is one texture file and one sound file. I gave the person on the other end those files and told him the correct locations to place them. The only other question is:
Do I have to give him those two files every time I re-build the level? Do the original texture and sound files get changed when the "build-all" process has been initiated?

P.S. I like your picture of pulp fiction. That's a pretty good part. lol

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
As long as the texture and music files don't change you should have no problems. If u add some textures to that custom package and then work on it, the name of the tex packages may be the same but UT won't load the map becuase their different versions.