RW or MRHYDE

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Toolvana

RL hostage
Nov 24, 1999
Satellite of Love
www.toolvana.com
One of you has an MX300. I can't remember which. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Anyway, I just wanted to know what your audio settings are for UT, including reverb, filter, surround, etc. I've been playing with 3D hardware set to false, and surround to true(I have Altec Lansing Dolby speakers). Depending on the other settings, when I enable 3D audio it either sounds really "tinny" or I can't tell a difference at all. I'm hoping you can give me the "magic configuration" so I can stop playing with the settings and play the game more! By the way, I have the latest reference drivers and A3D 225. Thanks alot.

RW

Nov 24, 1999
Sparks, Nevada USA
Visit site
Yeah I have the MX300. My settings are as follows.
3d hardware=disabled
Surroundsound=true
Reverb=true
I also have Altec Lansing Dolby surround speakers. If I enable the 3d hardware I too cannot tell any difference in quality ( I think it's borked anyway) but I do take a FPS hit so I have it disabled. I use the latest a3d reference drivers as well.

One thing you may want to try in advanced options/audio is change the sampling rate from the default of around 22khz to 44khz and also raise the number of channels from I think 16 to 22 or 24. If you have the horsepower it sounds great. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Toolvana

RL hostage
Nov 24, 1999
Satellite of Love
www.toolvana.com
Thanks RW. I always play with the sample rate at 44khz, and the reverb on. I never thought about increasing the sound channels, I'll give it a try. What about "filter"? I have it set to true, but I don't know what it does. What about setting DirectSound to false? Does it make any difference? It kind of stinks that UT supports A3D and we have vortex2 cards but can't really use it...properly anyway. That's okay, I can't complain, UT sounds great in surround sound. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif