INF more popular than we thought?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nexus6

More human than human
Feb 3, 2000
Fileplanet lists the INF 2.86 umod as the second-most popular UT related download behind the 436 patch with over 2100 downloads this week! They are listed above TO. Could this be possible? Seems like the servers would be packed if there were 2100 downloads in just one week.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Maybe it's because those other mods don't rely on Fileplanet so much ...
and yes : altough a lot of people download it, you won't know how many actually play it ...
or if something like GetRight would count for 2 or more people ...

m.wormwood

Mar 21, 2001
Oslo, Norway
Visit site
hehe ..
i was a cs player (i still play it, sometimes)
And i did download inf , played it once, then played it again and agein and again ......

Is Infiltration the only game without the crosshair ??!!

Why ..??!!

øsakaww
Norway

Prowler

"Building Better Worlds"
Jul 6, 2000
Canada
Might be my advertising. Showed every single person in my school what Inf was. So that might answer a few things.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by m.wormwood
hehe ..
i was a cs player (i still play it, sometimes)
And i did download inf , played it once, then played it again and agein and again ......

Is Infiltration the only game without the crosshair ??!!

Why ..??!!

øsakaww
Norway
Serpentine (a little mod for Unreal) has been the only other mod that didn't have a crosshair ...

and why ?
maybe because other developers are too lazy ?
/me wishes even UT and other 'unrealistic' mods would have this kind of aiming :)

RAQ_DK

Apr 22, 2001
Visit site
LOL!!

Yep, most visitors from CS do complain about INF... Most of us vets, had the pleasure of fighting bots only, gaining skills with the weapons.

Guess most CS'ers didnt even solo on the shooting range - man ive spent alot of great time there.

jlamb_vo

{GD}Spunky{Pfc}
May 19, 2001
Visit site
Ah, now a few oldies.. Bungie's Marathon didn't have crosshairs (Mac-only Doom I era game, but yes you did have to aim with the mouse :), which is where I learned to detest crosshairs forever.
I love how in HL, if you turn off crosshairs, all it does is turn off sniperscope crosshairs. Yeah, normal aiming reticles stay...

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
if only Inf, P19 & TTR could build one big mod instead of three separate mods then we'd have modern, vietnam & WW2-era weapons & equipment ready to mix & match ...