PDA

View Full Version : INF more popular than we thought?

Nexus6
1st Dec 2001, 01:33 PM
Fileplanet lists the INF 2.86 umod as the second-most popular UT related download behind the 436 patch with over 2100 downloads this week! They are listed above TO. Could this be possible? Seems like the servers would be packed if there were 2100 downloads in just one week.

erehwoN
1st Dec 2001, 01:58 PM
yeah, but all the CS guys download it, play it once, complain about no crosshairs, stamina, weapon collision, etc then delete it. Their loss.;)

A_Rimmerlister
1st Dec 2001, 05:08 PM
Maybe it's because those other mods don't rely on Fileplanet so much ...
and yes : altough a lot of people download it, you won't know how many actually play it ...
or if something like GetRight would count for 2 or more people ...

m.wormwood
1st Dec 2001, 05:13 PM
hehe ..
i was a cs player (i still play it, sometimes)
And i did download inf , played it once, then played it again and agein and again ......

Is Infiltration the only game without the crosshair ??!!

Why ..??!!

°sakaww
Norway

Prowler
1st Dec 2001, 05:38 PM
Might be my advertising. Showed every single person in my school what Inf was. So that might answer a few things.

A_Rimmerlister
1st Dec 2001, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by m.wormwood
hehe ..
i was a cs player (i still play it, sometimes)
And i did download inf , played it once, then played it again and agein and again ......

Why ..??!!

°sakaww
Norway
Serpentine (a little mod for Unreal) has been the only other mod that didn't have a crosshair ...

and why ?
maybe because other developers are too lazy ?
/me wishes even UT and other 'unrealistic' mods would have this kind of aiming :)

FiringAimlessly
1st Dec 2001, 09:31 PM
Night's Edge (http://www.rps.net/ne/)
Hostile Intent (http://www.planethalflife.com/hostileintent/)
Doom (http://www.newdoom.com/) :D :p

RAQ_DK
2nd Dec 2001, 12:59 PM
LOL!!

Yep, most visitors from CS do complain about INF... Most of us vets, had the pleasure of fighting bots only, gaining skills with the weapons.

Guess most CS'ers didnt even solo on the shooting range - man ive spent alot of great time there.

G-Fresh
2nd Dec 2001, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by m.wormwood

Hidden & Dangerous.......

m.wormwood
2nd Dec 2001, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by G-Fresh

Hidden & Dangerous.......

... has a c.h !!?

°sakaww
Norway

spm1138
2nd Dec 2001, 03:49 PM
Has an optional crosshair or iron sights toggle.

jlamb_vo
3rd Dec 2001, 03:55 AM
Ah, now a few oldies.. Bungie's Marathon didn't have crosshairs (Mac-only Doom I era game, but yes you did have to aim with the mouse :), which is where I learned to detest crosshairs forever.
I love how in HL, if you turn off crosshairs, all it does is turn off sniperscope crosshairs. Yeah, normal aiming reticles stay...

MadWoffen
3rd Dec 2001, 04:50 AM
And for the future, The Third Reich won't have crosshair also. Check my sig for a direct link. :)

bopa
3rd Dec 2001, 12:20 PM
yep ;)

Keganator
3rd Dec 2001, 12:21 PM
Mmm... I bet TTR is taking a few subtle hints from the way INF runs, aren't they?

A_Rimmerlister
3rd Dec 2001, 04:46 PM
if only Inf, P19 & TTR could build one big mod instead of three separate mods then we'd have modern, vietnam & WW2-era weapons & equipment ready to mix & match ...

Donnellizer
3rd Dec 2001, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Keganator
Mmm... I bet TTR is taking a few subtle hints from the way INF runs, aren't they?

But we stole their jogging..! Or something? Heh...