Screen Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mychaeel

DireIce wrote in the Jailbreak Development forum:
Mychaeel, I'm not complaining or anything, as the screens are an awesome feature, but is there anyway to use the map texture instead of using one of the Screen1 to Screen8 textures when creating a map surveillance slide?

I'm just wondering cause I noticed Snowdog did this in Freya][ but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how he got it to work.  I tried setting the Map property to None and setting the Screen ScriptedTexture property to use my map texture...but this didn't seem to work.  And I'm using a lot of time getting the damn map texture to align up properly when I can't see the texture it UnrealED.  Or maybe I'm just making things harder than they are.  Maybe the problem is that I'm using a map texture that's too big...it's 512x256.  I ran into alignment problems when trying to put that on a 1024x512 wall-screen. Sucker just wouldn't align properly.

Mychaeel

Yes, there is: Create a scripted texture using your map texture for a base. Use this scripted texture in the Screen actor's ScriptedTexture property. (Actually, I recommend doing that as long as you're not switching slides on that screen.)

Scripted textures are limited to 256x256 pixels by the engine, so if your map texture is larger than that, you'll have to split the map texture into multiple smaller ones and tile multiple screens to form a larger (or higher resolution) screen. tarquin's recently released JB-Pressurized uses this technique for the map screens in its jails.

As for aligning textures, you can just use a different (colored) texture of the same size, align that and apply the actual scripted texture later---UnrealEd will keep your alignment settings. The helper texture attached to this posting is very handy for that.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
handy texture :)

I use one of the corrugated iron & concrete textures from RainFX, they're easy to align:
pan them so you see the same area twice, line up the blotches and then pan both to the yellow hatching for accurate alignment.