PDA

View Full Version : jumppad's boing sound.

StoneViper
28th Nov 2001, 05:26 PM
i have a kicker used to make people bounce up to a platform. I copied DM-Morpheus's way of making the jumping sound exactly. I can't figure out why mine doesn't make a sound, and morpheus's did.

the trigger's event= specialevent's tag

the trigger is a standard trigger just like in morpheus, the specialevent houses the sound.

Hourences
28th Nov 2001, 05:36 PM
properties special event
object
state or something = playsoundeffect

you done that ?

StoneViper
28th Nov 2001, 07:00 PM
Y E S ! ! !

It worked, thanx much

Chrysaor
28th Nov 2001, 07:03 PM
You know what's creepy? I learned to do the EXACT same thing today. You know how? I looked at HOURENCES map. How weird is that? eh, creepy i know :B

Lord Dill
28th Nov 2001, 09:05 PM
why not use the jumppad.u file that makes the bots use the jumppads correctly and has a sound effect option in it.

I know DM-Tuesday has it and ive used it in one of my levels... if you really want the file i could post it.

StoneViper
28th Nov 2001, 10:56 PM
i try to build maps without external files. I have it working now. But are you saying bots don't use them correctly in the game, that i need that .u file? That is the only way to the flag is by use of jumppads.

Chrysaor
28th Nov 2001, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by StoneViper
i try to build maps without external files. I have it working now. But are you saying bots don't use them correctly in the game, that i need that .u file? That is the only way to the flag is by use of jumppads.

that sounds like a problem :)

/me plays doctor and prescribes that .u file :D

Maybe u could rewrite the script and save it as MyLevel stuff?

StoneViper
28th Nov 2001, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Chrysaor

that sounds like a problem :)

/me plays doctor and prescribes that .u file :D

Maybe u could rewrite the script and save it as MyLevel stuff?

I could, but i'm going to wait for Lord Dill to diagnose the bots problem. If they do play better using the .u, then ill use it, otherwise, i have something that works now.