IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Unofficial clan dedicated 2 us

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
I have an important proposal. Lets identify ourselves as PU regulars online by having a [PuF] somewhere in our name (eg. [PuF]BadAss). If you already belong to a clan, you can still add the PuF as part of your name ( eg. {OF}Candyman|PuF ). Advantages:

PuF = PlanetUnrealForumers

1) People have been saying they want to play people from this board. This will make it easy to find us online
2) Can use the "find player" feature in Gamespy for fellow forumers.
3) This will make our name distinctive on ngWorldStats
4) We can easily isolate fellow forumers stats by searching for "PuF" (note, ngStat is case-sensitive)
5) If we see another PuF online, we'll know where to find him after the game
6) No need for try-outs. The purpose of PuF is for us regulars.
7) If you want to be associated with the PlanetUnreal forum regulars, you're in!!!
8) This is an informal "clan", if you can call it that. There is no leader or commitment. You can join and leave anytime.
9) We can meet in the UT's broswer IRC chat
10) It will give us a sense of community

Issues:

I know a lot of you have already started to play using one name (myself included) and have built up impressive stats. By changing your name, your stats will reset. However, UT has only been out for about 3 weeks, so in the long scope of things, it shouldn't matter. Also, as you now have had some practice with UT, your new stats should be "cleaner" and with fewer newbie mistakes.

Also, when choosing your name, make sure you don't use characters that the UT's IRC chat don't accept (test them first!!!). In fact, it doesn't accept a lot of characters like !@#$%^&*()-+:"';. If you use any of these in your name, you won't be able to log on in the IRC chat (test it first by try to log on to the UT's chat room before you build up an impressive stat record only to find you can't log on!!!).

I have tested that brackets [] are acceptable with UT's IRC chat room. Therefore, I propose using [PuF] (or simply PuF if you already belong in a clan)

Clan members format: [clan]yourname|PuF
Non-clan format 1: [PuF]yourname
Non-clan format 2: yourname|PuF

Note that ngStat is case-sensitive. So, make sure you use "PuF" (don't use PUF, puf, etc.) A ngStat search on PUF or puf will have too many matches. A search on PuF only revealed one match (see below).

I have done my best to see whether there is other PuF (or similar) clans out there and there are none. In ngStat, there is only one person with PuF but has only logged on 10 kills (lifetime) so I think he must've abandoned his name.

Yellow5 has a [PU] after his name, so I don't want to mess with him /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I don't know if PlanetUnreal already has an "Official" thing going. If so, let me know if I am stepping on someone's tail.

IMPORTANT: Sign-up!!!!!!

Who is with me here??? Please reply with a YES or NO so that I'll know whether to proceed. Comments welcomed.

[PuF]BadAss

(I edited this message to clarify the format to use)

P.S. Liquid_Sin started something great by creating an #planetunreal chat channel on the UT's built-in IRC. Make sure you drop in by typing #planetunreal as a new channel and click "connect". It's easy.

[This message has been edited by *BadAss* (edited 12-15-1999).]

[This message has been edited by *BadAss* (edited 12-15-1999).]

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Good idea BadAss. Are you sure there isnt a way you can change your name without effecting your stats? Like you said, no big deal, but it would be nice if there was a way to do it.

I have been trying to get everybody to log into the #planetunreal channel before they play, this would make it alot easier too. I remember you were having problems getting into the chat though, but if you've found the solution remember to stop by before you hit the servers.

Anyway BA, what do you play the most (DM/DOM/CTF)? How about you and I get together sometime and have a little 1on1 deckstyle for old times sake? /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Though it will be fair now that you have cable /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I had to reinstall ICQ a while ago and never got your number again, just message me-->33805148.

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
One more thing, BoBVila aint allowed in /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

GetFried!!!

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
I am there, IRC Doesn't mind {CG}GetFried|PuF, I suggest we all use that format |PuF. Looks rather nice.

bullet2.gif

{CG}GetFried!!!

www.crimsonguard.com
Crimson Guard Unreal Tournament Division
Chaos, Panic And Disorder...My Work Here Is Done.

*juji fruit*

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
OK based on what GetFried said, this should be the format:

[ClanInitials]Name|PuF

I don't think anyone really has to change their name on here, as one point of this is to distinguish PU forumers outside of the forum. Inside it, we all know who the regulars are /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Y'know, BadAss might just have started something that'll be widely copied by other forums hehehe.

bullet2.gif

3AM. A stick, skates and a puck. Joy.

[This message has been edited by Zaccix (edited 12-14-1999).]

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Change my name and lose all 332 posts?!! HELL NO! What else would I put on my résumé!?

bullet2.gif

[This message has been edited by LiquiD_SiN (edited 12-14-1999).]

[PuF]BadAss

Dec 14, 1999
Visit site
Thanks guys!!! Here is the final format.

(1) If you belong to a clan already:

{clan}yourname|PuF

(2) If you don't belong to a clan:

[PuF]yourname

(this way, you can pretend you belong to a "real" clan, hehe

(3) If you later join a clan:

go back to format (1)

Remember: the important thing is to have the letters PuF in there so that fellow forumers can search for it.

Also, make sure it is PuF (capital P and F, small letter u) as ngStat is case-sensitive!!! There are alreday a lot of puf and PUF, so that is why I suggested PuF.

Please acknowledge.

[PuF]BadAss

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
I don't think I'll pretend I'm a clanner, but all those newbies out there can pretend they smoked a clanner. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

Wendy

Nov 10, 1999
Staten Island, NY
members.xoom.com
That is one seriously smokin' idea. I'll still be just plain Wendy here (don't wanna lose my posts). Online I'll be Wendy|PuF
(I don't want to be mistaken for a clanner, my skillz are not up to that level)
BadA$$ is the man!

bullet2.gif

You walk the thin line between glory and despair, soon you shall cross over it.

Watchdog

Nov 29, 1999
windsor, ontaio, canada
Visit site
I commend your idea. I will adopt it after I get to play online at some length (I'm up to my ears in work and have vowed not to go online until I'm through). just one question, how do you make that verticle line (i.e. _PuF)

S

Dec 6, 1999
Portsmouth,Hants,England
Visit site
Hmm, just read this message, very intersting.

I think I will change my name, although with the time difference between the U.S and the British Empire I doubt any of you will see me on-line. Unless you (mentally trying to work out time difference...) start playing earlier? Or I start playing very late?!

I think thats the right way round.

By the way, I don't fight under S. I fight under Neo - now Neo[PuF]. Don't mistake me for the other Neo's out there, last night I had to suffer the humiliation of playing as Player10 because someone was using my name.

Thats all. Plus any Brits (or Europeans for that matter) out there should definatly do the same.

Cheers S.

God save the Queen.

BadAss

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
S, even if you don't see us online with you (due to timezones diff), you can still "see" us simply by going into the ngStat web page and search for PuF and look at our stats. Also, if you are using Gamespy, you can search ("find player" feature) for PuF to see if there are any fellow forumers playing online. You'd be surprise the hours some people play. Do they ever sleep?!??

[PuF]BadAss

Shockwave[HVII]

Guess who?
Nov 12, 1999
Nice idea!

Can Anyone join this thing? I only play over the holidays when I'm not at uni. but I'm always around online (early though, like S I'm in the UK)

I'll be playing for the next 6 weeks though. I'll have to fight LordKhaine (my brother) for the PC though /~unreal/ubb/html/redface.gif)

[PuF]Shockwave[HVII]

Status
Not open for further replies.