PDA

View Full Version : CTF-Sfear]|[

StoneViper
28th Nov 2001, 01:43 PM
I want the opposite of Sfear][. I want to walk around the outside of a big sphere. Like a planet or a moon simulating gravity.

Astyanax
28th Nov 2001, 01:59 PM
Feel free to make one! But I have to warn you about the skybox, that would be VERY HARD to make!

Ultimate fun would be to make a huge sphere where you can walk on the outside and inside! :cool:

If you're really serious about making CTF-Sfear]|[, I'd be happy to help you! :)

StoneViper
28th Nov 2001, 02:04 PM
i've looked at your map in ued quite a while back and can't figure out how you made the roundedness. I know about the tetrahydron, but how did you cut it up. The skybox i don't think would be affected, because no matter how you view the fakebackdropped surfaces, you still look into the box from that one camera(skyzoneinfo). And if it is screwed up, maybe i can make it black like in some quakeIII levels.

Astyanax
28th Nov 2001, 02:20 PM
Shamelessly ripped from a tutorial by DaveA:

Skyboxes: Not so fast there, Sport

So you have created a sweet little planet, and now you want to place it in the cosmos. Fair enough. But before you make that skybox, which is a good instinct, let me point this out - rotation is a bitch. Unless you do a lot of tricks with the skybox, it won't look right. Each area that makes up your planet has it's own sky. At the 'equator' the clouds, stars, etc., would be moving in a straight line, but at the 'poles', they'd be rotating about the center.And in the middle latitudes, in a big wide off-center arc. You may have better luck animating each area's sky surface textures. For a skybox to work that way, you might be able to make a roughly spherical 'box' and then animate each surface in that sphere in such a way that it appears to rotate. But remember, there is only one 'up', so only the top of your skybox would be seen, and it would be the same in every area. Note that if our first thought (to make a sphere in space and put gravity zones around it) might work with rotation nicely, if you could do that.

Late News!
I just got this tip from Rachel C.:

I've been looking for a way to create ringworlds, etc. Until now I've been using smoke and mirrors, but my trick will solve your problem with the sky. There is a script that allows you to link the fake backdrops in a zone with any SkyZoneInfo you choose. Create a new class under ZoneInfo and type:

//===========================================
// MSkyZoneInfo.
//===========================================
class MSkyZoneInfo expands ZoneInfo;

var() SkyZoneInfo WhatSkyZone;

simulated function LinkToSkybox()
{
SkyZone = WhatSkyZone;
}

Put one of these in each of the ring's zones (say you have six). Then put six SkyZoneInfo's in the exact same location in your skybox (cut and paste the Location under Movement) and rotate each of them to 1/6 a full circle (in UnrealEd, 360 degrees = 65536. It's not exact, but no one will notice). Link the MultiSkyZoneInfo's with the appropriate SkyZoneInfo, and you will end up with a ringworld that has a seamless (and problem free) sky.

-Rachel C

P.S. I feature this technique in a level I'm working on right now, called DOM-Satellite. I will release it to Nalicity soon.

I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds great. This would be easy to do for centrifuges and barrel worlds, just set as many as you need and rotate (pitch or roll as needed) by the amount needed. Divide 65536 by the number of segments you have for the exact number. If you're doing planetoids or hollow worlds (3D) it's more fun, and left as an exercise for the reader.

Yes the skyzone might work if you try the above stuff.

StoneViper
28th Nov 2001, 02:27 PM
wow, thanks, yeah i can see how it might look screwy now, ill try that .u editing thing. Is it similar to the "SelectiveSkyZoneInfo" in found somewhere at PU.

Astyanax
28th Nov 2001, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by StoneViper
i've looked at your map in ued quite a while back and can't figure out how you made the roundedness. I know about the tetrahydron, but how did you cut it up

This is how CTF-Sfear][ works:
In top view you can see 6 segments, each with these basic elements: a half sphere, a solid brush (to seperate the warpzones and to provide solid edges) and 4 portal sheets. The solid brush has been put in as last, to prevent BSP holes, because the portal sheets are touching it. The segments are called a to f, from left to right. The left warpzone of the first segment is called a1 and the other warpzone a2 to a4, counting clockwise. Warpzone a3 has been connected to b1, b3 to c1, c3 to d1, and d3 to a1. Segment e has been connected to the 4th warpzones of segments a to d, and segment f has been connected to the 2nd warpzones of segments a to d. E2 has been connected to a4 and f4 to a2, and so on.
Now, when you would just add XAxis sheets to get the portals for the 1st and 3rd warpzones and YAxis sheets for the 2nd and 4th warpzones (and of course rotate them to an angle of 45 degrees), you would see HOM at certain portals and some portals will work fine. Why? It would be easy to explain this if you made a drawing of the situation: take a piece of paper and draw 6 cirkels. Now draw an "X" in each cirkel, making it look like a pie. Write in each piece of the each pie the name of the warpzone it represents (a1 to f4). Now write next to each piece the name of the warpzone to which it has been connected (open the warpzoneinfo properties for this).
In this situation, these portals would work fine: a3-b1, b3-c1, c3-d1, d3-a1, a2-f4, and a4-e2. These portals would show HOM: b2-f3, b4-e3, c2-f2, c4-e4, d2-f1, and d4-e1. You see the pattern? All x1-x3 and x2-x4 connections work fine, while all other connections result in HOM. Appearantly the UT engine doesn't like warpzones that are not on the opposite sites of the 2 portals. Then how do you solve the bad connections? Just fool the engine by ROTATING portal sheets.
In any case, I strongly recommend to use the SAME builder brush for the portals of both connected warpzones. This will force you to rotate if warpzones are not pointing in the opposite direction. If you still see HOM after rotating 1 portal, then you've rotated in the wrong direction. If 2 warpzones are pointing in the same direction (like c4-e4 and c2-f2), you need to make sure that both portals have been rotated 90 degrees, in eachother's opposite direction. I'll clearify this, using c2-f2 as example: both portals need to be made out of an AX_XAxis sheet. The yaw of one of the 2 sheets has to be set to 16384 (90 degrees), the yaw of the other one to -16384. After that, their pitches have to be set to -8192 (45 degrees) and 8192 to get them angled for the sphere.
In the respawn room I wanted to connect both ceilings to make it look like the enemy team is respawning on the ceiling. This is even trickier to make: build a sheet with the right dimensions and move it into place, but don't add it yet. In the SheetBuilder properties, change AX_Horizontal to AX_YAxis and add it as non-solid 2-sided (invisible) portal. Next, align the texture on the portal to wall direction and wall panning and rebuild the map. Now, select the portal, open its properties and set Movement -> Rotation -> Roll to 16384. Rebuild and add the warpzoneinfo (and don't mess with alignment of the texture on the portal!). Do exactly the same for the other portal, but this time set its roll to -16384.
Making warpzones is a complicated and delicate procedure (which you probably already knew). Sometimes you get HOM while you think you've confirmed to all rules and sometimes you don't get HOM while you haven't rotated any portals.

Take your time to read and understand this. I think it is pretty essential stuff when you want to make Sfear]|[. :)

Chrysaor
28th Nov 2001, 03:39 PM
You crazy ppl and ur zones, i like the whole, flat layout level thing. Doesn't give me a headache :D

Astyanax
28th Nov 2001, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Chrysaor
You crazy ppl and ur zones, i like the whole, flat layout level thing. Doesn't give me a headache :D

But that's so ****ing boring!

StoneViper
28th Nov 2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Astyanax
Appearantly the UT engine doesn't like warpzones that are not on the opposite sites of the 2 portals. Then how do you solve the bad connections? Just fool the engine by ROTATING portal sheets.
In any case, I strongly recommend to use the SAME builder brush for the portals of both connected warpzones. This will force you to rotate if warpzones are not pointing in the opposite direction. If you still see HOM after rotating 1 portal, then you've rotated in the wrong direction. If 2 warpzones are pointing in the same direction (like c4-e4 and c2-f2), you need to make sure that both portals have been rotated 90 degrees, in eachother's opposite direction. I'll clearify this, using c2-f2 as example: both portals need to be made out of an AX_XAxis sheet. The yaw of one of the 2 sheets has to be set to 16384 (90 degrees), the yaw of the other one to -16384. After that, their pitches have to be set to -8192 (45 degrees) and 8192 to get them angled for the sphere.
In the respawn room I wanted to connect both ceilings to make it look like the enemy team is respawning on the ceiling. This is even trickier to make: build a sheet with the right dimensions and move it into place, but don't add it yet. In the SheetBuilder properties, change AX_Horizontal to AX_YAxis and add it as non-solid 2-sided (invisible) portal. Next, align the texture on the portal to wall direction and wall panning and rebuild the map. Now, select the portal, open its properties and set Movement -> Rotation -> Roll to 16384. Rebuild and add the warpzoneinfo (and don't mess with alignment of the texture on the portal!). Do exactly the same for the other portal, but this time set its roll to -16384.

yeah i've learned how rotating zoneportals can help or destroy things. i also noticed that even though the warpzones, even though they face the opposite way in the editor, they sometimes still won't work, but when you rotate them 360deg, it would work. yep, it looks the same, but not to the engine. i learned that building ctf-spiritualworlds

Chrysaor
28th Nov 2001, 06:55 PM
oh, it's not boring if u do it right ;)

Chrysaor
28th Nov 2001, 06:55 PM
Running around a shphere is confusing as hell. i like the idea, but it doens't do it for me :0

StoneViper
28th Nov 2001, 10:48 PM
Running around a shphere is confusing as hell.

I'll put up signs telling you where to go

Chrysaor
28th Nov 2001, 11:15 PM

I'll put up signs telling you where to go

lol, thx :D I'm directionally challenged i know :/

Luggage
29th Nov 2001, 07:13 PM

I created a DM-CubeOfDoom once... It was a Cube you could walk around in. I mean: on all six surfaces. I did two versions: A dice version and a futuristic version with teleports confusing the whole damn thing even more... But then I opened UT and I wanted to play my cool map but I saw that this bastard of UEd hadn't saved it... Luckily I had an exported version, so I imported it again and tried to save it... Didn't work. No idea why. Nevermind.
</anecdote>

StoneViper
30th Nov 2001, 12:02 AM
i really don't know exactly when i will have time to start on this level. i was kinda hoping someone else will. maybe after the year's end.

Chrysaor
30th Nov 2001, 12:20 AM
now, don't get me all excited just to shoot it down like that.

(I'm not that temporamental in reality) but u release some stuff soon, whatever it is just release it :D

StoneViper
30th Nov 2001, 12:25 AM
now, don't get me all excited just to shoot it down like that.

(I'm not that temporamental in reality) but u release some stuff soon, whatever it is just release it :D

in time

StoneViper
30th Nov 2001, 12:28 AM
it's kinda hard to map with two jobs to worry about, the fulltime one is which that i hate. stuff will get released soon. everyone of my projects makes it to the end. DM-Downtown will be very promising as well as all it's conversion's ill do for it.

Chrysaor
30th Nov 2001, 12:28 PM
goood:)

StoneViper
2nd Dec 2001, 09:53 PM
shall i create pages to view on my website about my projects in the making ┐ ┐ ┐

Luggage
3rd Dec 2001, 02:19 AM
DON'T! I'm wasting all my webspace with unfinished maps!!!

Astyanax
3rd Dec 2001, 09:54 AM
i really don't know exactly when i will have time to start on this level. i was kinda hoping someone else will. maybe after the year's end.

You was kinda hoping I would make the sphere for you? ;)

Constructing a new sphere (where you can walk on the outside) will probably take me a whole day. I'm willing to do it for you so you can decorate it and make it fun to play, but I don't have any totally free days for the next 2 weeks. If you don't want the challange of making a sphere, you'll have to wait 2 weeks till I have time to do it.

StoneViper
3rd Dec 2001, 10:45 AM
all right I confess, yeah, i did want you to make it for me, but not cause i can't, because i have no free days at all; not with 2 jobs. and it would take me a lot longer to construct the sphere than you. I will wait 2 weeks. Besides, you have copyright on the "sfear" name.

Astyanax
3rd Dec 2001, 02:00 PM
all right I confess, yeah, i did want you to make it for me....
I thought so! ;)

Besides, you have copyright on the "sfear" name.
Yes, but I already 'authorized' :) you to make a sequel:

Feel free to make one! ....

Luggage
3rd Dec 2001, 02:04 PM
Oh my, have you sorted it out now? :)

And add a bit of *architecture* to the new sphere of fear this time! hehe

Astyanax
3rd Dec 2001, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Luggage
And add a bit of *architecture* to the new sphere of fear this time! hehe

We'll leave that to StoneViper this time! :)

I couldn't add much of architecture to my sfear because framerates were already high enough, specially when playing with lots of people, because you're able to see each and everyone of them at the same time.

Astyanax
3rd Dec 2001, 02:44 PM
Hey StoneViper, do you want to make just a sfear where you can walk on the outside with flags on both poles (which would make it exactly the opposite of CTF-Sfear][)? Or do you want to make a sphere were you can walk on both the outside and inside?!

For example, you could save the old sfear with the red flag in place. Instead of the blue flag on the other pole, you could make a tunnel (or portal) which would lead to the outside of the sphere (the blue base). On the opposite end of the sphere would then be the blue flag (actually right under/above the red flag). You could visualized this by a piece of glass and a warpzone under the flags.

The red team would seem to have an advantage, because you can see and shoot at everyone inside the sphere. However the blue team has a bigger surface on the outside, and maybe some 'snipertowers' (without sniperrifles, because these can't shoot through warpzones).

What do you say?

StoneViper
4th Dec 2001, 12:42 AM
none of that 'inside the sphere' thing, i only want the outside to be explorable.

Astyanax
4th Dec 2001, 12:24 PM
none of that 'inside the sphere' thing, i only want the outside to be explorable.

What did you have in mind for the outside of the sphere then?

StoneViper
4th Dec 2001, 12:46 PM
just make the geo. All i want is the floor of the planet. Try to get as many separate map sections as you can without going over 60 zones. if i can contact rachel_c about her theory about that skybox thing, it might have one. If worst comes to worst, i will have to make it plain black like some quakeIII levels.

Astyanax
4th Dec 2001, 02:02 PM
I've done some calculating today and I think I can make a sphere out of 8 pieces, like an octahedron. More pieces (12 like a dodecahedron or 20 like an icosahedron) isn't going to work, because those configurations would need 60 zones for warpzones alone. If you want more than 8 pieces, you'll have to think of some way to fit the pieces to form a sphere yourself.

StoneViper
5th Dec 2001, 01:13 AM
8 would work

Astyanax
7th Dec 2001, 04:24 PM
Oh and you've never said anything about the radius of the new sphere.

My old sfear has a radius of 1280 units.

I'm building the new sphere with a radius of 2048 units (which is significantly bigger) and a sphere-to-skybox distance of also 2048 units, so rockets go a long way before 'hitting' the sky.

I thought this would be OK, but in case you feel otherwise, you have to say so asap!

Astyanax
7th Dec 2001, 06:06 PM
An early test. Although it looks 'strange', this result is encouraging. ;)

StoneViper
7th Dec 2001, 11:35 PM
whoa, the screenie looks wierd, and the units are fine

Astyanax
9th Dec 2001, 02:47 PM
This is what it looks like in UEd now. I don't know if you can see how this would make a planet... :D

Astyanax
9th Dec 2001, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't work the way I wanted yet... :mad:

I think there's something wrong with the angles. This should be a conjuction of 4 segments (I gave all segments different textures to prevent disorientation while testing), but it appears I miscalculated some angles... :(

StoneViper
10th Dec 2001, 11:46 PM
is that splitting on the ground normal

StoneViper
18th Dec 2001, 02:21 AM
so how's my map comin'

Astyanax
18th Dec 2001, 04:01 AM
so how's my map comin'

University is keepin' my busy with all sorts of exams this week :(, and also last week. I'll continue and finish it next week(end). :)

StoneViper
18th Dec 2001, 11:58 PM
sweet

zed_ziechn
1st Jan 2002, 01:46 AM
ok where can i find this map.. you guys said you played it, now i want to

Astyanax
1st Jan 2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by zed_ziechn
ok where can i find this map.. you guys said you played it, now i want to

You can download CTF-Sfear][ from this thread (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94095) in the showcase forum.

Please post what you think of the map in that thread after you've played it! :)

Freakish
25th Jan 2002, 10:29 PM
and how goes progress on THIS one? cuz it sounds cool..

StoneViper
30th Jan 2002, 10:43 AM
yeah astyanax is the map lookin' good┐

Call me Erdrik
30th Jan 2002, 11:17 AM
I would perfer setting up a point gravity actor and makin' just one sphear....

I don't like the whole zone thing becuase you can't use instant hit weapons through zones.... and it screws with bots....

I know the point gravity thing is possible becuase Dragon Ball UT did it... though they wouldn't tell me how :mad:

oh well I guess I have to find out for my self. If I get it working Ill post here too ;)

Freakish
30th Jan 2002, 02:45 PM
oh wow..no more zones would just be awesome. It'd be like a regular map..hehe.

/me imagines sniping on Sfear..uhoh

Astyanax
30th Jan 2002, 02:55 PM
Hmmmm :hmm:

This one has died out a bit. It could have been very cool, but I never quite got it to work. :(

CTF-Sfear][ had nice angles for the warpzone portals, which could be expressed in whole units/angles. However if I had used 6 segments, like in CTF-Sfear][, for the outside of the sphere, then it would've be possible to get seriously stuck between 2 warpzones. Near the portals the surface is so steep that you slide back if you don't have enough speed. I lowered the gravity in CTF-Sfear][ so that you need very little speed to slide to the warpzone. However in CTF-Sfear]|[ you would slide down to a warpzone, go through it, slide back, re-enter it, and so on...

So I figured I had to use 8 segments for CTF-Sfear]|[ (cutting the sphere like an octahedron). I've spent a great deal of time calculating angles and relations between width/breadth and height of the segments. With the Ued tools it would have been possible to create a perfectly working sphere. Unfortunately the way UT handles warpzones and it's portals is very buggy. When testing, some portals worked fine, but some only produced HOM, while they were all exact duplicates! The portals were perfect in Ued, but some just refused to work properly. Also at some warpzones you could walk over the portals (??). I never understood what I was standing on, there was nothing there?!

Another big problem was the sphere itself, the surface. The only way to make a convincingly looking round surface, is by using the sphere builder and clipping off the part you don't need. However no matter what I tried, the sphere turned into one big BSP hole... :mad: It didn't want to be solid, you'd just fall through the ground and die in solid space.

It was all misery, so I abandonned the project and started working on CTF-Rollercoaster. If you insist, StoneViper, I could give it another try, or if you want I could explain to you how the make a sphere out of 8 pieces and you can try and get it to work yourself.

Astyanax
30th Jan 2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Call me Erdrik
I would perfer setting up a point gravity actor and makin' just one sphear....

I don't like the whole zone thing becuase you can't use instant hit weapons through zones.... and it screws with bots....

I know the point gravity thing is possible becuase Dragon Ball UT did it... though they wouldn't tell me how :mad:

oh well I guess I have to find out for my self. If I get it working Ill post here too ;)

I thought there was a program that can rip scripts....? You could use that to see how they did it..... :p

Luggage
30th Jan 2002, 04:24 PM
:\ You can look at Uscripts - you know? Still it's bad to use someone's algorythms without asking for permission, mind you.

StoneViper
30th Jan 2002, 09:26 PM
Hmmmm :hmm:

This one has died out a bit. It could have been very cool, but I never quite got it to work. :(

It was all misery, so I abandonned the project and started working on CTF-Rollercoaster. If you insist, StoneViper, I could give it another try, or if you want I could explain to you how the make a sphere out of 8 pieces and you can try and get it to work yourself.
that's ok, i haven't mapped much in a while anyway. i would love to finish one more map before the next wave of u games comes out, so i might even abandon my urbal style map i've spent hours on as well as my AS map i was working on. i will try to stick to one map at a time from now on.

Freakish
30th Jan 2002, 11:44 PM
maybe if you emailed the DBZ people and asked really nicely and promised to mention using their technique in your readme, they'd let you use it on sfear. Or (last resort only!)..use the scriptviewer prog that was mentioned..but only to get the general idea of course.

Astyanax
31st Jan 2002, 10:21 AM
Still it's bad to use someone's algorythms without asking for permission, mind you.

Originally posted by Freakish
..but only to get the general idea of course.

Exactly...! :lol:

Call me Erdrik
31st Jan 2002, 11:32 AM
well firstly I DID email them before and they said no....

and Secondly the DragonBallUT isn't public yet... so its kinda hard to look at the script when I can't get a hold of it :p

Freakish
31st Jan 2002, 11:48 AM
woopsie..last I heard it was out in some beta form or another..hehe /me no remember things good

Luggage
31st Jan 2002, 12:12 PM
Err... AFAIK they've stopped developing it, at least that was on the news sometime...

Astyanax
31st Jan 2002, 02:07 PM
Err... AFAIK they've stopped developing it, at least that was on the news sometime...

So, if they've stopped, why not make the code they've made so far open to the public? It would be a shame if they had worked all those hours on the mod for nothing! :p

Freakish
1st Feb 2002, 06:57 PM
Do they still have a website? If so..anyone know what it is? Or..just gimme somebody's email addy. I'll plead with them. :D The only thing holding Sfear back from being an awesome map are the warp zones. You'd agree to give them credit for use of their code...right?

Astyanax
2nd Feb 2002, 08:55 AM
Do they still have a website? If so..anyone know what it is? Or..just gimme somebody's email addy. I'll plead with them. :D The only thing holding Sfear back from being an awesome map are the warp zones. You'd agree to give them credit for use of their code...right?

I think this is the site: http://dragonballu.modnmod.net/

However I couldn't find anything about the point gravity thing there... I don't know how Erdrik found out they made such a thing.

And of course I give anyone who helps me full credit for their work, and so would StoneViper...right? :)

Freakish
2nd Feb 2002, 04:23 PM
fingers crossed...I emailed them.

edit: got a response quickly! w00t! Unfortunately, the person I talked to said he didn't think the actor was finished yet. He wants to help, will talk to their coder, and will lemme know what the coder says.

[DecoY]
3rd Feb 2002, 07:27 AM
kewl idea...
Keep working on it!!!

Astyanax
13th Feb 2002, 01:17 PM
Any answer yet? :hmm:

Freakish
13th Feb 2002, 02:02 PM
grrrrr...no. bump this in a few days so I remember to follow-up email them..

Astyanax
18th Feb 2002, 02:45 PM
Don't let them shake you off so easily! Show them who's da Freakish! :p

Freakish
18th Feb 2002, 06:07 PM
email out..awaiting response..

Freakish
19th Feb 2002, 03:07 PM
Sorry..I guess Sfear]|[ is tabled indefinitely; I received the following email:

Im really very sorry, I think we will leave the gravity point for now... If we make one, I will contact you

Astyanax
19th Feb 2002, 04:48 PM
Sorry..I guess Sfear]|[ is tabled indefinitely; I received the following email:

Im really very sorry, I think we will leave the gravity point for now... If we make one, I will contact you

So they say they never actually started making the point gravity actor? :hmm:

I have to admit I have thought about how to make a point gravity actor. I shouldn't be too hard to adjust the Rotation and ViewRotation of each pawn in a zone every tick relative to its position to the point gravity actor. But the hard part would be to actually 'pull' all pawns to that point, like normal gravity would. And if we could somehow get that to work, would a pawn be able to move over a, say, vertical surface he is 'standing' on? Would jumping/ducking work? And what about BOTS?

We could go to the coding forum with the point gravity actor and see if anyone has any ideas... Or do you think you can live without Sfear]|[ and that we should "table" this map?

Freakish
19th Feb 2002, 06:31 PM
If you're up to the challenge, I'm up to the testing. :D And bots are secondary..if you can get it to work for a normal game, the people will love you..I swears it.:) Ok I need to study my physics..

And since there's not much going on in the community, I'm sure you'll be able to get plenty of help figuring it out in the coding forum..if you're up to *another* project..lol.

LXIXGTO
19th Feb 2002, 09:49 PM
Seeing as there are two threads I'll post my humble thoughts on
CTF-sFear][ here as well.

Been playing CTF-sFear][ for over a month now.
Overall I'd say it is a very fun and imaginative map. It might be a
little bigger though. :hmm: ... anyway ...
There is some good work in there that many non-mappers might
not appreciate because of the small faults. But these faults are
likely limitations of the game's engine rather than the way which
it was made. It is a mapper's map if you will.

The problems I have are that it is disorienting to disappear for an
instant when passing through the invisible zones in the sphere to
realign myself with the floor.
I realize this is necessary or eventually I would be
upside-down but, it is still frustrating.
And I get some weird affects at the sphere zone borders too.
Various HOMs and disappearing towers are the
norm and even the explosions are cut in half by the zones.

In conclusion I'd say that sFear][ is a nice piece of work
and a lot of fun to play. Quite a refresing change from the usual
map where you run from room to room. It just has a few bugs
which are inevitable when you push the game engine to the limits
like that.
It will stay on my hard drive for some time to come. Thanx for
sharing the map Astyanax.

And good luck with TF-RollerCoaster. :D

:biorifle: http://lxixgto/tripod.com/lxixgto :biorifle:

:cool:

Astyanax
21st Feb 2002, 09:04 AM
Hmmm no I'm not gonna make a point gravity actor... too much work. I'll concentrate on CTF-Rollercoaster for now... :p I'm trying to rewrite part of the InterpolationPoint script to make bots take flybys without crashing UT.

[DecoY]
21st Feb 2002, 10:21 AM
Astyanax, I suppose your avatar is the looping in CTF-Rollercoaster?

Astyanax
21st Feb 2002, 10:52 AM
Yup :cool: