PDA

View Full Version : no maps and no settings!

stramash
27th Nov 2001, 07:38 PM
We have a hosted server which we like to run mapvote on. The problem is recently it doesnt work. When a level ends the vote screen appears with no maps. When time runs out the server becomes inactive and levels have to be selected manually.

When we login to admin ALL settings are blank or zero. Changing and saving settings has no effect. The next time the mapvote is opened there are no maps and all settings are blank.
We have tried removing it and adding it again but the same thing happens. Anyone know what is going on?:(

BDB
28th Nov 2001, 12:44 PM
Post the settings from the [BDBMapVote3.BDBMapVote3] section
of your UnrealTournament.ini file. Your settings are probably wrong.

If you just erase this section of the ini it will recreate it with default settings (autodetect) and it should work.

stramash
29th Nov 2001, 06:04 AM
THanks, we are contacting the server adminstrators to have them check this for us.

HogMan
8th Dec 2001, 11:21 AM
I noticed on our linux server that if a map starts with a lower case ctf, they will not showup in the map list. I would have the same problem, I would login as admin, set the settings, and it would not save them. After converting all of the map names back to CTF- style naming instead of ctf-, it started working again. Hope this helps.