What's with all the Doom3 hype?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever there is a discussion about Unreal 2 somewhere the Kwayke fanboys pop in and babble "Doom3 will 0wnz0r U2 ... yadda yadda ..."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know all that the public knoews about Doom3 is from that presentation that Jonh Carmaek gave for Nvidia on Mac and a little presentation at Quake-Con, right? So that means virtually NOTHING is known.

Doom3 seems more like UW to me, regarding the state of development and the timeframe of release. Only a moron would compare it with U2!
:stick:
Compare it with UW, bi@tch! Because we all know UW will 0wnz0r D3! :p

Exar Kun [Sith]

Sith Lord
Sep 11, 2001
A Sith Temple
Visit site
What's funny is they're releaseing ultimate doom which is doom 1, doom 2, and final doom. The funny part is on the box is that final doom says it's the end, the very end of doom series but there making a sequal. Also wouldn't doom 3 really be doom 4 since they already have final doom?

Dai

Orgasmetron
Apr 2, 2000
Finding a new low
Visit site
Originally posted by Tetris L

Who told you UW will be using vertex lighting?
Or the other way round, who told you that D3 wont?

Please enlight us.

You've got the "alpha" don't you? Plus, it's no secret that warfare uses vertex lighting.

and Doom3 uses per pixel lighting...
Vertex lighting is good when you have alot of vertices

fragswill

Charismatic Leader
Mar 21, 2000
Sweden
Dai, you obviously have no insight in this matter. Id Software are a bunch of talentless fags and they will never make a good game whatever you say. Unreal have and will always be the superior engine. Go back to your ***** quake-community and leave us with good judgement alone.

FF, kemuri, orochi: Amen, keep fighting!

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
let's just accept. we don't know anything about what doom 3 will feature. we don't know anything about what UW will feature. we know roughly what u2 will feature. we can't really do any comparisons on those 3, as we only know something about 1 of them

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by fragswill
-1- Dai, you obviously have no insight in this matter. -2- Id Software are a bunch of talentless fags and they will never make a good game whatever you say. -3- Unreal have and will always be the superior engine.
Did somebody piss into your cornflakes this morning?

-1- You can say a lot of things about Dai, for example that he is a whining picky little bi@tch, but one thing is not true: That he has no insight.
-2- Yeah, all the shítty game that id made ... like Doom, for example. :rolleyes:
-3- The last time I checked, the number of games using the U and Q engine and the number of people playing these games were about equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.