Hourences/Ortican

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
i didnt see anything from hourences before, but i was curious becoes the avatar he has is a pic of a room with good atmosphere...
downloaded some of the maps, like ctf-area52:
imgload.gif

and it rocks
few days ago i saw he had a sp map called Ortican, and i was curious, so i downloaded the map, and walked around in it...

watefalls with fireflies.. sleeping monsters... gambling skraajls....
a nali that actually opened a door for you ( when i asked you guys no-one told me how 2 do it) the special events.... door that open up, skraajls atacking me, falling pillars, using a bomb 2 break up a wall, pesty kritters jumping down airvents....

a massive cool story, sock rocking layout/grafics/texturing and brushwork.

it rocks and i think you all should take a look at that map, it shows what can be done with the unreal editor, it gives a lot of inspiration for new maps, and it wants me 2 make a sp map 2 :p

you all should take a look @ Phalanx's website

he and his teammates have great maps, and like area52 have some great textures, and in Ortican he makes the spaceship textures worth while.

ive finished Ortican, i loved every second of it, and was disapointed that it actually ended, i never played unreal 2 the end, and actually never battled against the queen so that was real cool, damn what a bitch that is :):)

try it!!!
oh and hourences Good job man!!

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
looking around CTF-Raid, again a map thats as spectacular as the others, my pc doesnt have any problems with the maps so far (even when i had a polycount above 300 in ctf-area52 (i didnt think my pc(512 mb ram, 800 mhz pentium 3, 133 mhz motherboard/viachipset/latest drivers high speed harddrive with 30 gigz on it, etc) wouldve survived it :p )

and i got one question... how much would it cost me 2 get a few lessons from u :):)

this map is a must play :):)
the atmosphere is again very good, i cant do that.... but im practicing... again a good map dude :)

btw.. guys.... i was impressed bij 600 brushes, 300 lights.. well look at this:

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
those stats are from my raid right ? , i never check it, but i remember i had 1800 brushes or so, but you call that much ?:)
do you have any idea how much ortican has ?:)

d00d contact me on icq or better irc, irc types better, are you on quakenet or etg ?

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Cheers to Hourences for making Ortican and for keeping it a secret until it was almost completely built. Now if I could just get the map at the end to work right. It just drops me in an empty cube! I've tried running it both by itself and from the main map, both with OldSkool and without OldSkool, but nothing works.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
hmmm, its the start cube in wich you spawn, and then you are suppose to teleport and the camera takes over, and i havent heard of other people with probs, do you have the newest oldskool ? do you have an old version or something of UMS ??, the script that makes the end movie

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
downloaded sp ortican last night. that is one big ass base, very good atmosphere. i played it for like 15 min, then got killed by a mercenary..lol

will finish tonight though. sp is much underrated; it's a great change of pace from dm and ctf.

and yes, amon rulez j00

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Yes, this map is quality work. I installed Unreal Movie Studio over the version I already had and the final cutscene works for me now.

Oh, Hourences, good job with the Queen. In all of my time playing SP Unreal, this is only the third instance I've run into where a map uses QueenDests. The first was DeCyberDuel, and the second was the final level in the professionally-made Unreal 1. (Yes, I played DeCyberDuel first! So sue me!)

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
yea hourences actually know what hes doing, i didnt see many maps that made nalis say follow me, and then open a door 4 ya, lots of triggered events (like nali opens door, 2 skraajls/skaarjs/whatever come and attack your silly ass :) )

i loved fighting against the queen, was my first time (in unreal one i never made it 2 the end becouse i have such a fu¢ked up pc :S

but well... the ****ty part was that i only had the handgun and the dispersion pistol when i killed the bitch and used up my last asmd/flak ammo for the flying skaarjs and the 2 behind the door.

so when i was near the end of the game i had 2 kill 3 skaarjs and a titan :S

the 1st skaarj was hard, had 2 run away, an shoot him until he dropped, then 2 other skaarjs came, i run around the big base, and they happen 2 disapear :)

another one was pressing button, hit him a few good times with the dispersion/and enforcer and same for the titan.....

VICTORY :)

(me is happy)