What are you doing for Christmas this year?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
In the theme of my "Where are you going for Thanksgiving" thread, I pulled this out of my ass just now. :)

The effects of my grandmother's passing last New Year's Eve are still affecting how we handle Christmas. Last year, Christmas was really tough without my grandmother, but this year, we're going to start what could be a new tradition: having Christmas at my house! :D The way we used to Christmas was the immediate families of the three sons of my grandparents (father's side) would go to their house, then over to my great-grandmother's house to see the rest of the family. This year, we're doing that. but just at our house. My oldest uncle is driving my grandfather to our house.

It's going to be cool and fun. :)

XinderbocK

Sep 27, 2001
Los, California
Visit site
ummm

cwell my mom passed away this year from liver failure so this will be the first christmas without her. I am sure i will be happy with the gifts i have recieved but sad in side coz she can not be there, I know she is watchin from above. *sigh* if only i had a time machine I still cry and think of her.. we fought alot but she is my mom, and i love her and will miss her. Well not to get ppl down Merry christmas.. and hope you have a good season with your MOM's and DADS and always cherish them.. Peace

Methodman

Cold in Canada
My wife and I just had a baby boy in October (our first) so this will be his first Christmas. I have been visiting Toys R'us frequently trying to figure out what to get him, I haven't had much problem doing that.

So many toys, so little time :y5:

In my family, we all have our seperate Xmas mornings, then we gather at my parents for supper, then we set out for my uncles where the entire family tree stuffs their faces with food, wine, and well, we tend to get 'Merry'.

Only 27 days till Christmas Eve, wow the time is just a flying

Methodman

Cold in Canada
[DTK]~*2FazE*~, sorry to hear about you mom.

My father has been fighting brain cancer for 2 years now, just had surgery last week to remove his second tumor. He's doing okay I guess, but the doctors say he will be fighting this for the rest of his life and don't have any idea how long he has. Since he found about the cancer, he has been trying to do all the things in life he always wanted to do. I was kinda worried because I was not sure if he was still going to be alive to see his first grandson.

Anyway, I can't imagine not having him around, don't even want to think about it. I really feel for ya.

Try to enjoy Christmas, it's what your mom would want!!

XinderbocK

Sep 27, 2001
Los, California
Visit site
he sounds like a strong man i am sure he will live a long time with that very scary disease, its weird how things happen. I was fightin with her that day and never got to say sorry to her in person, coz it happened so fast, i cry about that coz my dad said u will regret not sayin sorry. umm do i ever. Life the strange thing, if only i had a timne machine.
Thx man but i am sure he is a stronge man and will make it i long time .

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Geez, after all that I feel almost ashamed to mention that I'm going on a vacation up to Canada to ski and ice skate......

It was my mom's gift to us instead of presents this year. Works for me. :)

Camel

dduurrrrrrrrrr
Jun 26, 2001
blarg
Visit site
I'll probably spend Christmas morning at home. Then for lunch we will go to my grandparents house.

/me is expecting a SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum:D

The bad news: I was working on travel plans, but due to recent events, I've had to scrap them.

The good news: It looks like this will be the first Christmas that my sweetie and I are actually in the same state.
:D

Plus I have a brand new (not quite a week old yet) nephew upon whom to shower gifts. (And his older brother.) Buying toys for kids for Christmas is lots of fun.

Iceblade

Fragged Lurker
Mar 14, 2001
Visit site
Swarthy> o_o... you've been watching the Ping-Pong Club, haven't you? :p

Anyway, I dunno what I'd do this Christmas. Usually I stay home and do whatever, but this year, I dunno. o_o... if I had the money, I'd visit a few friends of mine back in Cali, as well as my mother, brother and sister. That, or I'd probably visit some friends in Texas... or something.

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
[DTK]~*2FazE*~ and methodman ... My deepest respect and best wishes to the both of you:)

my Christmas, I will be going to my GF's brother and his wife. My GF's mother is likely to be there as well. We'll be driving up there on christmas day. midnight mass will be at our local church in Hounslow. My GF is master of ceremonies there, and so has a job next to the priest. I'm proud of her. I'm sure to be spending regular quality time here as well. To think that this time last year id did not even know that P/BuF existed. Feels very weird.

Oh ... BTW, Cameltoe ... Soundblaster Audigy. You might know this already but I thought I'd mention it anyway: it does 24bit for playback but has a 16bit limit for recording. This will be of no interest unless you are a musician using it for recording. Apart from that, then as far as I can see, it is a very good card. I have the soundblaster Live and have got a lot of respect for it.

EmptySpace

Jul 23, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Swarthy_Foreskin

We're going to get drunk and play ping-pong!

Can I come too? :) :p

I'll probably just sit around, counting down the days till Christmas. I'm expecting a few PS2 games, as well as some money (to go out and buy Cowboy Bebop DVDs probably). Oh yeah, sleeping late will be apart of my schedule as well :D

Faze: I'm very sorry about your mother. I'm sure she'd want you to go on and not sulk. Just remember the good times you had with her.

Methodman: I hope your Grandfather pulls through! Brain Cancer is a tough disease, and he's survived two years. He's a very lucky man. He may only have a couple years left in his system, so be sure to make him feel good everytime you see him :)

Amanda

Banned
Nov 10, 2001
Institution
Probably going to my room to have a little Christmas sex with Tony, seeing as he's going to be here for Christmas. w00t w00t!

As for anything else... probably just kick it, and have some egg nog and cheesecake, cause I love cheesecake. YuMMy!

cheesecakewithoutguilt200.jpg

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Originally posted by Methodman
Pineconeboy, where abouts in Canada are you going to be, i'm in New brunswick (Atlantic Coast).

British Columbia, sorry. Headin' for the mountains. :D

New Brunswick would be a bit of a drive, as I live in Washington state.....

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Christmas Eve I will be going to my Grandma's house to open presents from here since she is German and drink lots of egg nog.:) Then on Christmas morning I will open more presents at my parents house. After all that I will head to the GF's house and open more presents there:) Finally, my GF and I will head to my Step-Grandma's house for some more presents and food!:)

To bad [RSU]MoBAcE|BuF won't be here in Dayton with his GF. I am sure she knows who I am and would tell [RSU]MoBAcE|BuF all about what a cool guy I am.;)