cloning

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
pretty soon we will have achived the ability to clone humans (that is of those christains finatics *cough*catfuzz*cough* dont blow their top over it.
i say, go for it. dont bother me none at all. i just dont wana be here when the earth is so over populated with clones and "real"ppl that we cant do anything.

questioin for cat_fuzz.
where in the bible does it forbid cloning? i want the chapter, verse and sentence!

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
Originally posted by GoAt
pretty soon we will have achived the ability to clone humans (that is of those christains finatics *cough*catfuzz*cough* dont blow their top over it.
i say, go for it. dont bother me none at all. i just dont wana be here when the earth is so over populated with clones and "real"ppl that we cant do anything.

questioin for cat_fuzz.
where in the bible does it forbid cloning? i want the chapter, verse and sentence!

Of course cloning is not mentioned in the Bible specifically. I don't think it will be possible, and if it does become possible, it won't work. Cloned humans, like cloned animals, won't be stable and will not live long. I really don't see any reason to clone humans anyway.

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
The only good reason to clone humans would be to keep the species alive if we ever got ourselves onto the endagered species list. It ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
I'm not saying that I would want to keep the species alive like that. As far as I'm concerned, if the humans are gonna go extinct, than let them die. But that would still be a logical reason to clone for the people who don't share my opinion.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
"Of course cloning is not mentioned in the Bible specifically. I don't think it will be possible, and if it does become possible, it won't work. Cloned humans, like cloned animals, won't be stable and will not live long. I really don't see any reason to clone humans anyway."

Cloning will work on humans, but not for some time. There are still lots of 'bugs' in the cloning procedure and its not fully understood why it works at all, but someday it will be possible.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
they need to quit fucking around wasting time trying to find a cure for cancer and clone me an army of Azn love dolls

GMotha

The nipples from Napels
Nov 3, 2001
Antwerp
gmotha.deviantart.com
Cloning = the most idiot thing to do right now

Reason = Overpopulation

Solution = WW3

Alternative = Plague

NOT the solution = rubbers and prevention (cuz 75% doesn't know how to use it and other idiots think it's great to have 4 kids)

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
i think this is the biggest double negative out there.

The earth is too populated, we need to put restrictions on how many babies a family can have
Life is such a wonderful thing, we need more of it, and raise a HUGE family, say no to war and abortions, say no to death and violence.

the 2 confilct each other.

i once asked a teacher:
"do you think the earth is over populated and if so, should there be limitartions on birth?"
Teacher: "well i do think the planet is overpopulated, thats no contest, but i dont realy think that people need to go as far to put limitations on birth.
Me: so you dissagree with China's rule of having 1 child per house hold?
Her: well.... i dont realy dissagree with it, 1.3 billion people is alot of people for that size of country.
Me:now your losing me. you disagree with birth limitations, but you agree with china's rule on birth?
her: i didnt say i agreed.
me: You said it indirectly, so it still counts.
her: why are you wasting your time asking me this when you need to do your work? your a smart kid but you need to concetrate on graduating.
me: now hang on, now isnt the time to disscuss my intelegence or what work that needs to be done, dont change the subject, im not finished, im curious as to what people think. Now what do you think of abortions.
Her: i think they are horrible and they need to be banned and all abortion clinics shut down.
Me: okay.. now what about war?
Her: after 2 world wars, and several fought on US soil, i think we have had enough.
Me: Okay, What do you think of families with 5 or more chileren, and we are asuming the childeren are in good families who can support them.
Her: well if the parents can support them i see no problem with it. I would have 2 more childeren if i was a few years younger and was able to support a few more. (she had 2 boys already)
Me: okay, now in the course of this little interview, you agreed that the earth is over populated, you dislike the idea of putting limitations on how many childeren a family can raise, you dissagree with war and you support larger families. do you realize how many times you contradicted yourself?
the remainder of class left her speechles and in awe. so i laugh my ass off when these people trying to ban abortions are supporting large families, but hate war and population control.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by GoAt

her: why are you wasting your time asking me this when you need to do your work? your a smart kid but you need to concetrate on graduating.
me: now hang on, now isnt the time to disscuss my intelegence or what work that needs to be done, dont change the subject, im not finished, im curious as to what people think. Now what do you think of abortions.

all this talking just to say that you are smart? is this the message or this thread?

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
ok, but now serious. cloning is a dumb idea. what will they use it for?
cloning an army, cloning employes who are cheap and VERY educated/smart.
they'll use them as walking organ spender...

you can handle this with your morals? I dont want to do this. and thena we would have ubermenschen and untermenschen... we had this already 60 years ago in germany. it will end in "euthanasy" (sp?) and later than a worl war... or slavery... : /
andwhat if our cloned brothers think that they are much better than the still born humans? when thy think THEY have to rule US???

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
Originally posted by Balton.de

all this talking just to say that you are smart? is this the message or this thread?
that quote was what my teacher said, i put down exactly what i said and exactly what she said verbatim.
i could give 2 $hits about what people think of my intelegence.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
On the news this morning...they have cloned human cells.
They had the peaple that did it and the man with spinal cord injurys that donated the tissue on NBC this morning.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Overpopulation is a problem, althougn not as big as some people think as estimates are that pop will peak at 9 billion, which is a huge amount but not the 20 billion that some people feared.

Contraception and poplation control ARE the answer, but first we need to educate people so that these methods actually work. I fully support any maximum child limit system and I think this should be put in place in all countrys where the economy is stable enough that it wouldnt cause too much damage, i.e europe and america for starters. People will always want to have kids ( every genetic drive ultimatly leads to reproduction ) but if people looked at it logically they would see that poplation control is in the interests of the greater good. And the greater good is just that.

Cloning isnt going to increase the population of the world by any measurable amount, although it could well lead to cures for a great many diseases. Cloning whole humans is amongst other things pointless, since cloning without genetic engineering would just produce identicle twins, but cloning doesnt need to mean anything more than an embryo a few days old.