PDA

View Full Version : Planet of the Apes.

Cat Fuzz
25th Nov 2001, 06:28 PM
I didn't get the ending. Don't read on if you havn't seen the movie and don't want it spoiled.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

How did the Earth turn into a big ole ape society?? Apparently that ape general somehow reached Earth and changed stuff but how? Even if there was a working pod it would take him the rest of his life to figure how it worked and pilot himself back into the storm. I just don't get it.

Twrecks
25th Nov 2001, 08:06 PM
The ending plain sucked.
I think Tim Burton was really reaching and the quotes used from the original were thrown in for the old fans.
If the chimpmaster pilot (don't even remember the dumbass's name) had stayed, he would have :
1. Gotten the girl. Supposidly Chris Christoferson's daughter...
2. Gotten the Ape chick, blondes may be more fun but simian sex? who knows.
3. Gave Humanity an edge over the apes (well maybe, he was a dumbass)
4. Had a dick, err.. brain.
5. Made it possible for a sequel.

Rukee
25th Nov 2001, 08:47 PM
While he was gone in the space trip...man blew up the world and the apes took over at that time.

Twrecks
25th Nov 2001, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Rukee
While he was gone in the space trip...man blew up the world and the apes took over at that time.

That was the first movie. The whole idea Apes would've built a Lincoln memorial et al is really beyond speculation. That implies parrallel universes, not time travel which the movie begins with.

Cat Fuzz
25th Nov 2001, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Rukee

The apes of Earth took over? How do you explain the reference to the ape general from the other planet on the "Lincoln memorial" How would they know about him?

Deathwing
25th Nov 2001, 09:35 PM
I saw PotA 3.5 months ago, and I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out that ending.....

Cat Fuzz
25th Nov 2001, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Deathwing
I saw PotA 3.5 months ago, and I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out that ending.....

Ok, so I'm not the only one. :D

BangOut
25th Nov 2001, 09:39 PM
There's really nothing to "get" except that it's a vehicle for making a sequel. You're not misunderstanding anything.

Rabid Wolf
26th Nov 2001, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by BangOut
There's really nothing to "get" except that it's a vehicle for making a sequel. You're not misunderstanding anything.
so if the first was called "Planet of the Apes", might we expect the sequel to be called...
"Beyond the Apes"

BangOut
26th Nov 2001, 01:22 AM
or "These apes are just so Beyond horny its Unreal whereas before they were just on a Planet where they played Games as Spies."

dead clown
26th Nov 2001, 02:16 AM
i downloaded a divx of it a month ago, damn what a suck ass movie. glad i didn't bother paying to see/rent it. the only good thing about it is the TER spoof (http://ter.air0day.com/planetoftheapes.html) :)

Twrecks
26th Nov 2001, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by dead clown
i downloaded a divx of it a month ago, damn what a suck ass movie. glad i didn't bother paying to see/rent it. the only good thing about it is the TER spoof (http://ter.air0day.com/planetoftheapes.html) :)

LOL, That spoof was totally ****ing right on!

GoAt
26th Nov 2001, 03:31 AM
ROFL i noticed that when the d00d kissed the monkey, most ppl began to sift in their seats and scratch their heads. a few laughed and claimed beastiality

BangOut
26th Nov 2001, 03:37 AM
that's funny, people kiss me all the time and no one says anything

LoneCoyote
26th Nov 2001, 03:54 AM
I heard that the ending was filmed at the very last moment before production wrapped up, and that the ending wasn't scripted. Apparently, Tim Burton made it up just before they started filming it.

Balton
26th Nov 2001, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Cat Fuzz

Ok, so I'm not the only one. :D

makes 3 of us..... : /

Rabid Wolf
26th Nov 2001, 11:09 AM
KRIS KRISTOFFERSON
Come on Tim, give the girl a break.

hehe. I remember that. who the hell had the briliant idea to invite skinhead o'conner to a bob dylan tribute concert?!?
*roflmao*

ChrisToth.hu
26th Nov 2001, 02:34 PM
And it's also very strange that apes develop exactly the SAME way as humans. Like the ape police and ape Washington DC...etc.

lucifix
27th Nov 2001, 06:15 AM
apes drool on mine wang

Bot_40
27th Nov 2001, 01:26 PM

JTRipper
27th Nov 2001, 01:33 PM
That's a pretty poor substitute for Flash Mountain. ;)

Bot_40
27th Nov 2001, 03:22 PM
Well, unlike Alton Towers, the magic kingdom doesn't happen to be 45mins drive from here :)

FreakinMeany
27th Nov 2001, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Twrecks

That was the first movie. The whole idea Apes would've built a Lincoln memorial et al is really beyond speculation. That implies parrallel universes, not time travel which the movie begins with.

I happened to rent the DVD just the other night and wonder if it was only time travel implied at the beginning of the film. Perhaps he traveled back in time AND to a parallel universe.

Imagine this is our timeline and that of the parallel universe:

(a) big badaboom ----> (b) apes ----> (c) ape man ----> (d) human ----> (e) space human

Prior to the space storm, our story is at point (e), and the "hero" gets zapped to a parallel universe right at the juncture of (c) and (d). Overlap of existing ape-men and evolved humans inhabit the planet he crashes on.

The mother ship goes after him (why?) but space storms being highly unpredictable things, causes them to wind up at point (b), thus changing the future of this parallel world at point (c) by shifting the balance of power to the native ape-men already there. The original inhabitants come to think of calima as their origin. The native evolved humans see apes with the stranded space people and think the same.

Dumbass hero arrives later and departs, leaving the parallel world to go on evolving basically uninterrupted cuz Mr. General monkey-boy is still alive at the end of the story - I mean, really, are hundreds of semi-smart ape-men all of a sudden going to embrace co-existence with dirty humans? PA-LEASE!

Humans obviously become the wild animals of the jungle almost doomed to extinction.

.... woah, I've spent too much time thinking about this.