RIP: SideWinder 3D Pro

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
looks like time to junk the bugger. of what i have found online, i finally know why it keeps returning 'Not Connected'.

1) the early version, 1.0, did not update itself fast enough for fast PCs. while there were patch drivers that fixed this, they were designed for Windows 9x. there were no such drivers ever created for NT/XP.
2) it will under no circumstances work with the VIA AC'97 audio system. VIA has made no attempt to fix this, and will likly never.

so, now im using a old CH Flightstuck pro. half the buttons, no rudder, and a very limited POV hat. :( maybe time for a new joystick.

Exar Kun [Sith]

Sith Lord
Sep 11, 2001
A Sith Temple
Visit site
Yeah the 3d pro is getting old but was a good stick, I used one for a while and sold it to a freind and then bought the pecision pro, old style, which is also pretty good. Thanks for mentioning that thing about the AC'97 audio, I use it and when I just used the standard joystick port the joystick wants to go in different directions than I want it to go. The only cure was attach the USB plug converter to the joystick and fixed it. I had no idea what was wrong so thanks for mentioning that probably what was wrong. Good luck on getting a new joystick I recommend MS ones but there are other good sticks out there.

LP

*wants to be your friend*
Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
when i got my comp it had on-board sound on a VIA chipset , sucked , andmy FF wouldnt work so i had to buy a soundcard for it, was quite annoyed at that..BTW will u be getting a new stick?

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I use one too, and it's really easy to get around that problem. Just create a custom setup (as if there isn't one for it already in the joystick window). Rename it whatever you want. It will work great. If you select it from the list it'll say its not connected, but the custom settings one doesn't do that, I have no clue why. I don't really want to spend money on another joystick no more than I use it. I even ordered a PantherXL a while back and returned it.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
I use a Saitek Cyborg digital stick. it's not much to look at, but it's got quite a few buttons, and it's fully adjustable to fit your hand. you can even change it so it's left handed!