WinXP: my opinions.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
After one month in WinXP PRO i have some thigs to say. It´s much better than any other Windows. It´s far faster and so. The grat advancement is the memory fault protection: each program run in its box, not accesing the Windown core directly, then less -´till now no one - crashes other than expected. Let me explain that: to install, I formated my HD. Ok. Then I got a virus - trojan and so. Simply I tried to restore the system by sistem restore. Crap... Then I tried the CD boot. YES. It simply reinstalled my XP and NOTHING was lost - only some 40 minutes, for the whole process. All my links, shotcuts, registry entries - witch were deleted by the virus - were there, intact. Even my Geforce Overclock was there still!!!

My best sugestion it you to upgrade your system. XP is very good, rock stable, RUNS INF WITH NO GLITCHES/BUGS, is nice as for gaming as for use. The only thing that I dislike about it is it´s long time to shut down and the bugginess of the Alt-Tab/Ctrl-Enter function when, e.g. playing a game. It simply crashes the game...

WinXP is also very colorfull, and has the nice ability to run tasks underground without being noticed, like upgrading, Virus Scanning, installing hadware, cd-burning...

If you stuck in Win95 and Win98 you will see a very good difference.

[insert prize picture here] - My choice
[insert prize picture here] - 5 outa 5.

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

if it didn't have all that sh<b></b>it about not being able to change hardware and only being able to be on one machine at a time (I have 3 networked at home), then I'ld think about it.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Bali, it does have a compatibility mode feature but I have no clue what it does ( You can set it to various previous OS'es under an item's properties)

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Time for my daily Nitpick! :p

WinXP is also very colorfull, and has the nice ability to run tasks underground without being noticed, like upgrading, Virus Scanning, installing hadware, cd-burning...

I'd be worried to have Windows do so much for me, behind my back. If it wants to download something to add to my system, I want to know about it, and be able to disable it. If it's going to run something, I'd like to hear about it. -_-

This has been another nitpick of MicrosoftXP. We now return you to your regularly scheduled foruming.

Stablility is a good thing, tho :D