Voodoo5 resolution limited to 640x480 in WinME

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Just reformatted drive C, totally fresh install of WinME, totally fresh install of the V5 drivers that came on the CD with it, and while the new drivers increased the color depth up to 32bpp the resolution is still limited to a pathetic 640x480. Now I am viewing windows with pixels as big as bricks and obviously it's no good. Any help would be nice. I'm sure it's a simple prob. BTW yes I have restarted my comp.

h.h i haven't even installed UT yet so i dunno, but it was just the desktop.

DaeJae yeah that was the problem. I actually figured it out last night but i had default monitor, and i put it to Ilyama vision master pro 21 (they didn't have the 21" model) and i can go uip to a glorious 1600x1200. bliss. :)

Taker

UT Junkie
WinME and Voodoo3

I just had this problem today.Only it was a Voodoo3 3000.
Even after I installed the drivers from the CD that came with the card.
Nothing higher than 640x480 until I did the following:

1. I removed the drivers from the system-Restarted - Reloaded the drivers and 3dfx tools.
2.In Display Properties - under the Monitor tab - I changed it from Default to Packard bell 2024s.(The monitor that was attached to the system.)
After a restart I could then change the resolution to 1024x768.
I must admit that this is the first time I have come across problem.
And I have been building systems for about 10 years.
Best I can suggest.Hope it helps.
:D