a message from [pdx]hops...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

THE REAL WRATHGAR

Oct 11, 2001
Visit site
SEEING AS HOW MY IP WAS BANNED BEFORE I EVEN WROTE A POST I HAD TO HAVE
SOMEONE ELSE POST THIS. (btw please un-ban me I did nothing wrong.)

In my defense:

To whom it may concern: (anyone who read the whole damn 3 page
spread.)
All that I simply did was yell this, "TANK NGGA, TANK NIGGA" on the
previous map. That is a line from a song by a rap "artist" named Master P. Master P is on the lower end of quality rap music in my humble opinion (however I still enjoy listening to it, whilst mindlessly fragging away.) BESIDE THE POINT.
I said the word "NIGGA" ok.
Now, most people know that there is a difference, a BIG difference
between the words N*GGER and NIGGA. To stereo type, good ol' southern boys may
use (I'm from WA) the n*gger word to talk some **** to, or slander a
blackman. I did not use it in derogitory context, also i cannot help how other
people feel. If you are sensitive thats your problem.
I did not call anyone a n*gger, nor use the word.

As far as my line "black guys have a higher testosterone level than
white guys" they do, I stated a fact. You however did not state fact
by saying "then why are all serial killers white?" which is an OPINION
and a RACIST one at that.

"...Healthy black males produce significantly more testosterone than
healthy white males (J. Nat. Cancer. Instit. 1986; 76: 421). Melanocyes from
black males grow differently from melanocytes from white males, in culture.
In this study, melanocytes are derived from foreskins, an area of skin
directly affected by testosterone. "At the ultrastructural level, cultured
melanocytes derived from black (negroid) neonatal skin (B-M) had
numerous mature rod-shaped stage IV melanosomes, while white (caucasoid)
skin-derived melanocytes (W-M) in culture contained no mature
melanosomes...Melanocytes grown in culture, without testosterone added to the culture media,
inherently express a difference in growth potential between black and
white males. "
source: http://www.naples.net/~nfn03605/dheamort.htm
(Paragraph 3 mid way...take refs from there.)
NOT A GOD DAMN WHITEPOWER WEBSITE

I am not a racist. I have black friends. I am 21 and know 50 year
olds who are black (friend of mine for a few years...met at college and he
refers to me as his "son") and multiple peers, who through school, music,
women and beer and weed socialize "kick it" and "chill" and also toss the word
"nigga" around. I call them it they call me it. It means FRIEND, it means
PAL, it means BROTHER in our context. Just because I am on a INF game, dosent
mean that I am going to change the way I usually talk. What they do tell me
about is the sad case black man who is sorry for himself. He feels
that his problems are because of everyone else..
Oh and if you call me a "Whigger" you are just being racist. I.e. you
feel we should all fit into little sterotypes...We are all people, no?

Hops

PS what's next? Are we not going to use the word "Phat" because it offends overweight people?

Oh yea, seeing that I am IP BANNED..please respond to my personal EMAIL:
Partykidd1@home.com
Or
Thekid8456 on AIM.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
Holy shi<b></b>t. That whole article of foreskin stupefyed me to the point of not being able to figure out what it was doing in a debate about the word "nigg<b></b>er" and its phonetic counterpart "nigga". :con:

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I'd like to see Hops unbanned myself, seeing as that I've yet to see him post anything at all, let alone anything ban-worthy... I mean, if I suddenly made a reference to, say, GWAR's "Sexecutioner" would that merit an entire thread deriding me for endorsing sexual sadism and pointless violence? (ignore the irony of the latter for now)

You guys might find this interesting... read all the strips to the end of the storyline...

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Take this as a lesson. Not everyone thinks like you, nor should they. Understand that to many, the word is not socially acceptable, and is considered by a text definition to be derogatory. Personally, I think it matters not at all who your friends are, or how you use the word. You should have been more considerate of others.

Hell, the very concept of a word that can only be used in certain circles, and is only acceptable within that group, is utterly mind boggling to me. To me, as a server admin, and as a person, I only consider it offensive, and herassing.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Should never have been banned. But you do understand that that word is considered offensive by a large portion of American society, right? So don't use it in situations where you don't know all involved.

But he definitely shouldn't have been banned. Has he ever posted before? Maybe he wasn't banned but instead is having login problems.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Thing is, Hops, a public server is just that.

If you wouldn't say it aloud strolling down the street, then you probably shouldn't say it on a pub.

As anyone who half knows me will testify I have a good few screws loose and a sense of humour that basically amounts to misanthropy with a (thin) smile. I wouldn't say half of the **** I joke about with my friends on a public server.

There might be kids playing (OK... unlikely given the skill level required for playing Inf), people who don't find dead baby jokes and acts of gross physical violence funny (weirdo's...), foreigners etc. etc.

So far as I can see, my right to swing my fist stops where the other guy's chin starts, if you catch my meaning.

A public server is NOT a forum for public debate. If you want an intelligent conversation on a subject, I'd try a newsgroup on the subject. People on a server just want to play inf. If you're doing something people find offensive, I'd save yourself the skullache and stop.

Take a deep breath, count to ten and remind yourself you have no right to play on a server.

For the record, I think you should not have been banned, but there we go.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
There is a time and place and behaviors required for different situations. It would be wise of you to learn this lesson while all you might receive is some forum, or server flaming for your offenses. This is in no way a threat, it is a fact of reality that I hope you learn the easy way. The use of certain terms, while acceptable in certain circles, are completely acceptable in others. To show maturity and mastery of communication, you have to know when and when not to display certain behaviors. If you truely want to avoid another situation like this, and you are as good hearted and "innocent of all charges" as you claim to be, learn this lesson quickly. Knowing black people does not give you the right to offend anyone for any reason.

Hops

Nov 12, 2001
USA
Visit site
heheh i wasnt banned, just too dumb to log in the correct way....

and i really wish that i would have known this when BAT PC or whoever posted the screenshot........

i got jumped on for saying somthing that i PROBABLY shouldnt have said. none the less it got blown WAY WAY WAY out of proportion.

its old news

im not going to say anything else.........

PEACE MAH HOMIES
[PDX]HOPS

(not refering to the homeless, or anything to do with home makers or housewives etc....)