CTF map bot translocation probs, help needed!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
Ok, I'm getting really REALLY frustrated with trying to get bots to use translocators in my new ctf map... I know I've set up the nodes correctly and there are items near the trans destinations.. and all the nodes link with blue lines.. but the bots never translocate, even to really obvious places :(

If you're confident with getting these damn things to work could you please take a look at the map and tell me where I've gone wrong, because I can't figure it out :\

pwetty pwease

http://www.angelfire.com/md/futureactive/alphapage.html

you'll have to open this page first because angelfire blows boats

cheers

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
like I said I know how to create the path network, it's just the bots ignore them regardless.... even when the tdest is right next to armour... thnx for the respnonse tho, you're the only one who bothered...

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
I have never had problems with this...check line of sight between the transloc starts and the destinations...they need a certian highth and clearance...*hic*...

[IMD1]KillRoy

Suck my boomstick!
Sometimes bots will not go translocate or jump or whatever, because of the spot they have to jump.
They will jump if no enemy is there, but if its croweded with enemy's the bot will in no way use the translocation spot regardless if there are nice goodies there. They simply dont have the time.

Try running the map with 2 bots (1 red/1 blue) maybe then they use it.
If not, i realy dont know what the case is.

Try using lift exits instead of translocator starts, I looked in CTF-face, the translocation paths are with lift exits.... but then again, i never seen the bots translocate in face either...