VB experts?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LP

*wants to be your friend*
Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
okay , im making a currency converter for a school project , but i ned to be able to select 2 radio buttons at once, how do i do this without using checkboxes.

1 other thing , is it possible to change the ICON of the exe file , i can change the icon that appears at top left of window , but not the actual .exe icon , any ideas?

and 1 more thing :)
ive aded a file menu , with a close option , how i close my program , whats the command ,

THX PPL , for any help ya got for me!!!!!:TUP:

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
are you working in access?
anyway, if you are check the help file, you can mostly get stuff from that

LP

Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
Im working in Visual Studio 6(Enterprise Edition)
and ive checked out the help, they are bery good , but dont seeem to cover what im looking for (specially the close command)

mokeh

Ride for ruin
Jul 5, 2001
The safety of his Breadbin
www.mokeh.co.uk
to change the icon it is:
project -> (project name) properties -> click on the make tab -> then choose the icon from the list

and as for the check boxes i dont have the foggiest or you could use listboxes or combo thingys :)

LP

Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
Dex , can u tell me how to close my prog, and how to make more than 1 radio button selectable. You see what i wanna do is make 6 rdo buttons on left and on right , separate groups, and u select what currency u wanna convert from on left , and what to o right , can ya help??

DexterII

Overworked
Mar 22, 2001
Laboratory
www.ImAHosting.com
Well to close your program make a command button or something else that you click, and double click it to bring up the script editor then do the following:

Code:
Private Sub Command1

End

End Sub

Or, the more memory efficient way:

Code:
Private Sub Command1

Unload Me

End Sub

For the radio buttons I believe you have to load an ActiveX Component, right click the tool bar with all the tools like the add button tools or timer, and select components. Then scroll down and look for Microsoft Common Components or something like that. And see if it has that radio button, I could tell you now just I just had a virus and had to format and I don't have VB installed yet.

[EDIT] I just remembered you can't select more than one Radio box, you need to use the check box if you want to select more than one option. So ignore what I said before, I'll leave it there just incase you didn't know how to add models :) [/EDIT]

LP

Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
okay Thx for help ppl , its all good at the minute , but 1 last thing...I have got my radio buttons grouped in frames , but i can still only select 1 , i only want to be able to select one in each frame.
Ive attached a Pic of my prog to see what u think..

Mychaeel

You have to actually put the radio buttons into those frames, not just move the buttons over them.

Just select the radio buttons you want to put in the first frame and cut them into the clipboard (Ctrl+X), then select the first frame, then paste the radio buttons into it (Ctrl+V). You'll notice that you can't move the radio buttons beyond the frame anymore, and that they move along when you move the frame.

Do the same for the second group of radio buttons and you're done.

LP

Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
well it doesent convert anything yet :D , but its pretty much there apart from that, i guess it will show u the layout etc. BTW feel free to suggest anything u think its needs or doesent need :tup: