I got a Virus

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DexterII

Overworked
Mar 22, 2001
Laboratory
www.ImAHosting.com
I got a virus and had to format my computer, but before I did I took screenshots of Norton Anti-Virus showing the virus specs and stuff, take a look.

The virus made a fake msdos.exe file to scare the victim. As there really is no msdos.exe because MS-DOS is COMMAND.COM also all of Windows files are in CAPS in the SYSTEM directory along with a lot of sub directories of windows.

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
i take it this didnt affect our sigs did it

have any idea how you got it?
i got a worm off limewire once
it was supposed to be a nudy but i didnt see the file extesion
so i tried to open it and it messed up my regedit
but it didnt take me long to fix it, im glad i didnt have to reformat
cause i had already done it twice that day:(

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
that sounds like the Back orifice trojan, if a BO2k user knows you had tat virus they could use BO2k to connect to your machine.... unless you have been messing with BO2k and launched the trojan on your own machine.....

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I remember in Windows 3.1 I had the stoned empire monkey A virus or something like that. What did the virus do? Absolutely nothing. It was cool to have and show off to friends.

DexterII

Overworked
Mar 22, 2001
Laboratory
www.ImAHosting.com
Originally posted by AI
i take it this didnt affect our sigs did it

have any idea how you got it?
i got a worm off limewire once
it was supposed to be a nudy but i didnt see the file extesion
so i tried to open it and it messed up my regedit
but it didnt take me long to fix it, im glad i didnt have to reformat
cause i had already done it twice that day:(

No it didn't effect your sigs cause I got the virus on my computer, not the server, the websites running off a totally different computer.

And Um, *cough* kinda got the virus the same way *cough*

Also now that I formatted theres nothing to worry about right?