New system components... w00t!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT_cyberg][dan

Apr 2, 2000
www.catapultic.com
1700+ AMD Athlon XP processor! (Runs at 1.4 Ghz, outperforms Pentium IV 1.7 Ghz [but what DOESN'T outperform Pentium IV?] )

512 MB of SDRAM (at $34 for 512!)

New motherboard...

NICE!

UT_cyberg][dan

Apr 2, 2000
www.catapultic.com
Of course DDR is faster. I could have gotten it for the same price though :)

Who cares? I think that speed and memory get to a certain point where it's hard to tell the difference.

Da RicK

Stubid newpie
Apr 26, 2001
Next to Santa
but if you can get it for the same price, why not chose for DDR?

bah, im talking about useless stuff again, trout slap me baby!

UT_cyberg][dan

Apr 2, 2000
www.catapultic.com
To be honest, I don't know enough about DDR. Probably should have got it. In fact, if I got DDR, I could use the DDR slots on my motherboard and put my CD-ROM drive back in... haha

UT_cyberg][dan

Apr 2, 2000
www.catapultic.com
DDR and SDRAM together? Isn't that impossible?

In either case, you can put a gig of either kind of ram in there. which is nice.

And at $34 for 512 MB of DDR or SDRAM, it's VERY nice.

The motherboard is an Elitegroups motherboard... the first one we got had a problem. It was either the motherboard or the processor because the comp was freezing on startup, so we returned it, and the new one is really sweet. And, on top of that, it fits in my old case. w00t!

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
haven't seen a board that can handle two types of ram (well the 100 and 133 sd ram offcourse)
sd ram is limited, if you have 512 or 1 gig of sd ram, you won't notice any difference
if i were you i'd go for one of the msi boards, cheap and fast

UT_cyberg][dan

Apr 2, 2000
www.catapultic.com
btw the Athlon 1700+ processor and the Elitegroups K7S5A board came in a package for $189, which is reasonable I guess... I was expecting to shell out a LOT more just for the Athlon.