Smackdown BP w/relics server needs new de files!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
This is a message for the admin of SMACKDOWN Bonus Packs w/ relics .... server. You need to reinstall patch 4.36 to get latest de files so players won't have a mismatch when trying to play your server. Anyone who knows this admin please pass this message along. Thank you.

SkaarjMaster (aka Someone Else)

Justin286

Smooth Criminal
Jul 26, 2001
Bk, Nyc
Actually some players will get mismatches no matter which version of DE's on the server, so it's not just a matter of which patch is installed.
:confused:
FYI, the version of DE that comes with the 436 patch is 100.
The version in the Bonus Pack 2 is 101.
That's the source of the mismatches.
BTW, you can just remove the de.int and de.u files in the UT System directory and when you connect to the server, you'd just d/l whatever version the server's running.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
No, I thought the newest DE files were in the 436 patch and those are the ones we should be using. This is what I was told in other forum topics.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Either way dude, just delete the de.u file from your system folder. I did that a couple weeks ago because of the same problem. No big deal! Now turn that frown upside down! :)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Sorry, I keep my cache clean and only play servers with the latest DE files. Maybe they'll get it right with Unreal2 and we won't have to worry about this BS anymore!

P.S. - if the server admins would get a clue, we wouldn't have these problems!