Urban Legend Or Truism

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ice_viking

THE OLD CORPS
Nov 23, 2001
US OF A
Visit site
Firstly I'm new to this discussion forum and I am not sure if this topic has been reviewed. If it's a duplicate thread, set me straight!

I just received this Email and I can't verify the information but it does have a certain ring of governmental screw-up associated with it!

"Terrorist pilot Mohammed Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement Israel had to agree to release so called "political prisoners". However, they would not release any with "blood on their hands". A well meaning American President, Ronald Reagan and his Secretary of State George Shultz "insisted" that all be released. Thus Mr. Atta was freed and eventually "thanked the US" by flying an airplane into tower one of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the USA from all later reports."

I'm dubious of the reports validity because the Olso Peace Accords (1993) occurred during Clinton Presidency! So I'm wondering why Ronald Reagan would have had anything to do with the Atta's release?

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Sounds like BS to me. This certainly wasn't mentioned early in (prior to any censoring:rolleyes:), and hasn't appeared in foreign presses either.

Besides, getting it in your e-mail automatically puts it in suspicious territory.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Yes it was Mohammed Atta, no its wasnt the hijacker. It was someone with the same name. God only knows how many frieken Arabs are named Muhammed... sorta like John in english.

ice_viking

THE OLD CORPS
Nov 23, 2001
US OF A
Visit site
A Urban Legend It Be

Thanks for input ... appreciated!

The ONION I know of, I beleive it's publised at UW Madison! The article read like somthing from Dante's Inferno ... LOL :p

ice_viking

THE OLD CORPS
Nov 23, 2001
US OF A
Visit site
LEGEND IT BE

Thanks for input ... appreciated!

The ONION I know of, I beleive it's publised at UW Madison! The article read like somthing from Dante's Inferno ... LOL :p