PDA

View Full Version : Koth Code

Lemoni
24th Nov 2001, 06:16 AM
how well does it work do the botsuse the code properly

Lemoni
24th Nov 2001, 01:43 PM
i got this errorError: C:\UNREALTOURNAMENT\Koth\Classes\Kothscoreboard.uc(32) : Error, Redefinition of 'function DrawNameandPing' differs from original whats going on with the code CA?

Sonja
25th Nov 2001, 07:45 AM
Check the parent class of the class the function "DrawNameandPing" is in.
The function probably uses wrong return or parameter types or something like that.:flak:

mr.s-d
27th Nov 2001, 03:10 PM
In one of the patches (432 iirc) Epic changed a few functions relating to the HUD & score board, you may remember that this broke quite a lot of mods around at the time.
The KOTH tute dates from quite a while before this, and the code definately worked at the time, I know becuase I used a tweaked version in a mod I was working on.
If you look in TournamentScoreBoard you'll see that DrawNameAndPing has one more parameter (bCompressed).

Lemoni
28th Nov 2001, 12:06 PM
If you look in TournamentScoreBoard you'll see that DrawNameAndPing has one more parameter (bCompressed).
So what does this mean

mr.s-d
28th Nov 2001, 01:40 PM
It means use the declaration for DrawNameAndPing that's in TournamentScoreBoard, as there's an additional parameter.

Dr Slue
17th Dec 2001, 04:56 PM
I noticed that too.
It means that the function line should say:
function DrawNameAndPing(Canvas Canvas, PlayerReplicationInfo PRI, float XOffset, float YOffset, bool bCompressed)
instead of: function DrawNameAndPing(Canvas Canvas, PlayerReplicationInfo PRI, float XOffset, float YOffset)

But even then, it gets another error saying: Error, Unrecognised type 'kothbotreplicationinfo'.
Why isn't this class defined in the tutorial?
Could someone make the necessary code and edit the tutorial so that it actually works? I would really appreciate that since i am using a lot of that code as a base for the first project that i am working on.

Dr Slue
18th Dec 2001, 05:51 PM
Could someone please a) fix up the code on the tutorial itself.
b) just post the necessary finishing code here or
c) move this thread to the Coding Forum so that more people will see it and be able to help.
Thanks, because i really need this code to start out on my first project.

Lemoni
19th Dec 2001, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Dr Slue
Could someone please a) fix up the code on the tutorial itself.
b) just post the necessary finishing code here or
c) move this thread to the Coding Forum so that more people will see it and be able to help.
Thanks, because i really need this code to start out on my first project.
same here for GE UT

Dr Slue
19th Dec 2001, 05:28 PM
i must have typed something wrong before, because i tryed it again and it worked just fine. Just copy the KothPlayerReplicationInfo code and change the necessary words from 'player' to 'bot' and it all compiles just nicely.
My mod seems to be working quite nicely now...even though it is just the base gametype and HUD (alterred HUD) and a silly little scoreboard.
The next things on my agenda are: Changing the Practice Session window to get rid of some stuff, making a 'FinishZone'(if the player reaches this, they are the winner), perhaps a StartZone, a more customised HUD, game start-up messages and many other things. Argh! Oh well, all the base stuff is done and that is what matters most.

Lemoni
20th Dec 2001, 12:22 PM
cool ill try that thanks

Lemoni
22nd Dec 2001, 10:38 AM
it worked thanks slew it compiled, u want to get together to make a tut/mod?

Dr Slue
22nd Dec 2001, 04:30 PM
like what? i'm interested, since i'm only beginning, but also because i'm just starting to get a bit better.
I actually made my own ammo last night :) It looks like a grenade, too bad i can't skin though :) Oh, and it came out about 3 times too large. hehe
then i made it as the projectile also for a grenade launcher (from one of the tutorials on chimeric) and it was quite fun seeing grenades the size of you flying around a little test level that i made.
Anyway.
If you want to discuss it more, you can email me @ Drslue@gamesden.net.au.

Lemoni
24th Dec 2001, 12:24 PM
Stupid quetsion but, to use koth do i make a map zone it and put koth zone in it?

2COOL4-U
24th Dec 2001, 01:32 PM
Yes

Lemoni
24th Dec 2001, 02:25 PM
lol thanks
how do i modify to code to have random zone selection
eg zone 1 2 min with a player changes to zone 3 etc (rozing zones).?

2COOL4-U
24th Dec 2001, 02:30 PM
Sorry don't get you

Lemoni
25th Dec 2001, 08:56 AM
in perfect dark if the zone counter reaches end of limit the active koth zone will move, how do i get it to move to a new zone.

ME A LAMO HOW DO i actually use it in ut i added a zone portal to my level then made this int file[Public]
Object=(Name=Koth.KOTH,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus)

Preferences=(Caption="KOTH",Parent="Game Types",Class=Koth.kothGame,Immediate=True)
is this right?

mr.s-d
25th Dec 2001, 10:26 AM
Nope, should be:

Object=(Name=Koth.KOTH,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)

Lemoni
25th Dec 2001, 12:09 PM
done that but i end up with a blank pannel
WTF is wrong?[Public]
Object=(Name=Koth.KOTH,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)

Preferences=(Caption="KOTH",Parent="Game Types",Class=Koth.kothGame,Immediate=True)

mr.s-d
25th Dec 2001, 04:21 PM
um, why have you got Koth.kothGame in the Preferences line, but Koth.KOTH in the Object line? You sure you're specifying the correct class name?

Dr Slue
25th Dec 2001, 04:56 PM
uhhh....somehow i doubt you can change the koth zone randomly, you can't exactly strap it to an attach mover, because it's not a brush...hmm. Actually, i think i know of a way you can do it, have like five areas where you want it, put a koth zone in each one of them, then you've got to find a way to start with them all off, but to trigger one of them on when a certain thing is achieved e.g: a) after a certian amount of time that the zone hasn't been reached or b) after the 30 sceonds has been made inside the zone.
Maybe you could do this better (or at least help yourself out a bit) by coding some more into the koth zone. Try making a new zone (that expands zone) and make it do nothing, it's just a marker. Then, make the kothzone jump every a) or b) to a location of one of the blank zones. That way, they act like beacons, and if you're coding it, instead of just trying to do it with UED, you will have a lot more creative freedom and you can make it much better.
Hope that helps.

Lemoni
26th Dec 2001, 12:15 PM
ok i slitly understand.
hey i do external coding not using ued

Dr Slue
26th Dec 2001, 04:45 PM
ok i slitly understand.
hey i do external coding not using ued

uhhh...what's your point?
i don't use Ued to code either. is that what you were trying to say? because i am confused.

Lemoni
27th Dec 2001, 12:10 PM
nevermind

Lemoni
27th Dec 2001, 12:42 PM
Have u got the koth int file cus i cant get it to work

Dr Slue
27th Dec 2001, 06:53 PM
mine's just :
[Public]
Object=(Name=UnrealSprint.UnrealSprint,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)

there is no need to put in the bottom line that you had, i saw that also in the UT gametypes, but they aren't required.

Lemoni
28th Dec 2001, 12:08 PM
thanks