Over crowded bestbuy=mean people

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I was at best buy today. It was PACKED with people. The line to buy stuff made a complete circle around the store. I was in line with my stuff for over 2 hours!

Anywho I got System of a down's Toxicity, which rocks and im a big SOAD fan. :)

I also got these 4 old PC games that are very cool and good games anyways. Fallout 1 & 2, shogo, and Septerra Core. They all costed me $20 total.

I tried to get a Dreamcast but they all sold out. Best buy had like 300 to! The person infront of me bought 5 GameBoy advances lol. People their bought an insane amount of stuff. I saw that someone bought 2 dreamcast's to.

All the other consoles except for the playstation where sold out. A best buy employee told me they got new shipments of gamecubes and Xbox's in and they sold out in like 30 minutes.

I got the chance to play lugius mansion and that new starwars game to. lugius mansion sucked. the starwars game kicked ass.

Anywho onto the mean people part.... their was a fight in the middle of the store over people arguing over something or another. :lol: was cool.

anywho thats how I spent my afternoon. :)

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Hey, the more people out buying things hopefully will help give the economy a slight shot in the arm.

Anyways, I stopped at Best Buy only because the dongle on my laptop network card snapped off (again). Determined to prevent this through the purchase of a dongle-less PCMCIA card, I picked up the Netgear FA411, priced at $39.99 with a $10 mail in rebate.

Well, when they rung it up, it came through at $14.97? Did my immoral ass inform them of their mistake? Hell no.

I find it as karmic payback for the eight hours total I worked as a Best Buy employee.

Assymilator

No idea what to put here.
Feb 18, 2001
It's Not Atlanta, GA
you all are lucky. You got best buys. The closest thing to that here is a small Circuit City and Wal-Mart.
Oh well, a fight in a place like that must've been interesting!

mobace

rimmerlike :(
Originally posted by -_-T()()L-_-
shogo

were you able to get shogo to work properly on your system and is your system geforce based? i have been unable to get the game to work correctly on my system, but back when i had me P2 with a TNT2 card i was fun. i read a bit at the shogo site about geforce compatibilty problems but from your description of the four games i am guessing you bought them in those bundle packs that were about the size height and width wise of a cd?

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Re: Re: Over crowded bestbuy=mean people

Originally posted by [RSU]MoBAcE|BuF

were you able to get shogo to work properly on your system and is your system geforce based? i have been unable to get the game to work correctly on my system, but back when i had me P2 with a TNT2 card i was fun. i read a bit at the shogo site about geforce compatibilty problems but from your description of the four games i am guessing you bought them in those bundle packs that were about the size height and width wise of a cd?

yeah thats what I am talking about. its those CD packs. They dont come with manuals either, but ooh well.

and I got a 3dfx card so shogo runs just fine on my system.

T

Terminal {DTH}

Septerra Core is STILL one of the very best (pc) RPG's ever crated, and it by FAR and away has the very best sound of them all. :tup:

T

Terminal {DTH}

the plot/storyline, weapons.... many things. its been SO long since ive played it its hard to be more specific. :cool:

Shogo is fun, but in a completely differant way. do NOT try to multiplay the game tho. the netcode fricking blows. =( sp game is pretty good... for an older game. ;)

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Man I was once the MASTER of Shogo Online play!!!! Those Tractor beams ruled!!! It was like Spiderman with BIG GUNS!!! oh and Giant Robots too.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I played the demo of septerra core when the game was first released and loved it. it was great. my biggest complaint though is that the combat gets way to repetitive to fast. but other then that, this is a great console like RPG for the PC.

Im so glad this game was released. It was almost never released infact. The company had problems with money and couldnt finish the game. I forgot how they ended up doing it, but it was worth the long wait to see this game released.