PDA

View Full Version : So my damn.....

ATeamDan
23rd Nov 2001, 12:51 PM
monitor crapped out on me last night.....i just got GTA2 (god i love that game) and went to play it, and shabam...all of a sudden it was as if no power was going to my monitor...check all the external plugs with no avail...so now im back to using my 15 inch gateway vivitron......does anyone ahve any suggestions on why this happened.

/\l!eN[RIP]
23rd Nov 2001, 01:07 PM
i'm no Harry Potter you know, I can't 'see' things...

:p

St0rmcaller
23rd Nov 2001, 01:57 PM
How proficient in electronics are you? It wasn't the game, that's for sure. It was probably just its time to go.

When you first plug in the monitor, do you hear a slight whining noise?

"Sp!ke"
23rd Nov 2001, 02:49 PM
Is this a tech tread? If so small question: Why does all the Red storm games(they give me BSoDs every 2 sec) hate my soundcard(some odd Aureal "sonic impact"thing) anyone has a good idea?

ATeamDan
23rd Nov 2001, 03:02 PM
no it was'nt the game..and it was a new monitor....but alls good we are getting a new one tomorrow from dell...so oh well.

GenoOfTheCrayon
23rd Nov 2001, 03:15 PM
Glad to see you letting go so well! My monitor died last month. I still keep its ashes in the computer room :D.

Kibbles-N-Bits
23rd Nov 2001, 03:43 PM
I had mine stuffed and set on my mantle.

Mr. HotDog
23rd Nov 2001, 04:30 PM
You didn't buy GTA 2 by any chance, did you?

ATeamDan
23rd Nov 2001, 04:49 PM
ummmm no...why?

NTKB
23rd Nov 2001, 05:19 PM
WARNING FROM AN A+ TECHNICIAN!: NEVER EVER EVER OPEN A MONITORS CASE AND TOUCH ANYTHING INSIDE. YOU CAN AND WILL DIE FROM ANY SHOCK YOU RECIEVE! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FIX BY YOURSELF! just for people who encounter this in the future...

Dupre
26th Nov 2001, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by -=SDS=-ATeamDan
no it was'nt the game..and it was a new monitor....but alls good we are getting a new one tomorrow from dell...so oh well.

Yeah. Things electronic sometimes just blow even when new. Good thing about warranties, I suppose. I had a new Toshiba multi-tray DVD player blow on me the first time I switched it on. Took it back to Best Buy the next day and got a new one pronto!

ThunderChunky
26th Nov 2001, 12:32 PM
Same thing happened to me, probably doing the same thing. Was it per chance switching resolutions, and then just didn't switch back?

Couldn't figure out how to fix the damn thing, so it just got replaced.

Bad idea to open stuff like this and your TV up. Yay capacitance.

JonnyBoyDT
26th Nov 2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by -=SDS=-ATeamDan

doesn't suprise me