Chrysaor
22nd Nov 2001, 01:38 PM
Eliphino! I just think it looks REALLY cool :D

Luggage
22nd Nov 2001, 05:25 PM
agreed. Making it like SpaceNoxx?

Hourences
22nd Nov 2001, 05:47 PM
the shape looks nice yes, nicely made, but wtf is it ?:)

Chrysaor
22nd Nov 2001, 06:04 PM
It's kinda space noxxie but CTF :D

The bottom parts are the two bases, and the flags are back in the two opposite corners. It's a rather short jaunt from flag to flag, but the catch is that the flag is attached to a mover that flips from the top part u see in the screenshot, to a lower level u can't see. I'm still working with it :/
I'm thinking like a 6 person player load on this one

Luggage
22nd Nov 2001, 06:14 PM
Hey, what about another 1on1 / 2on2 CTF like CTF-CosmicM ? Just played that one again today, it's one hell of map! :-)
Would be cool if you'd do something like that IMO... just have to implement tactics from ground-up, or else it's most probably bound to ****. :p
Cool idea, though I don't really understand what you mean by that bit with the moving flag base... Can you still get there when it's down? (And will the bots get that trick?)

Chrysaor
22nd Nov 2001, 08:17 PM
Haha, the bots will likely never figure this one out :/

The big deal was to trap a player on the top or bottom by flipping the flag up to to the other level. I dunno, i just needed something to test my new textures on honestly :D

Chrysaor
24th Nov 2001, 01:21 AM
mupdate...almost there...

Luggage
24th Nov 2001, 07:54 AM
Whoaah! Looks *nice*! Up/l a beta, pleeeeeeez!!!

:) Lugg

Astyanax
24th Nov 2001, 08:21 AM
I see you haven't tried attaching the flags to the movers yet, and you haven't done any botpathing yet, otherwise you would have been screaming for my help right now! ;). When you do come to that, you'll find out there are some nasty bugs here, and I know how to solve them because I've done this before. :cool:

BTW, bots will get the flag, even if they need to pull a switch to get the mover with the flag on it down. I got it to work before. :cool:

Chrysaor
24th Nov 2001, 10:50 AM
...later today then :D

Chrysaor
24th Nov 2001, 01:26 PM
http://www.chrysaor.org/fubar.zip

Feel free to mess with the movers and bots, i honestly don't have the patience to work with it. I'm trying to install Linux right now :/

Luggage
24th Nov 2001, 01:29 PM
Can't wait

Luggage
24th Nov 2001, 01:31 PM
Whoa! missed it while working out the complex rethorics of my previous reply ;)

Chrysaor
24th Nov 2001, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Luggage
Whoa! missed it while working out the complex rethorics of my previous reply ;)

rofl :D

StoneViper
25th Nov 2001, 11:26 PM
attaching flag to movers?, cool. I was going to try that in one of my maps if i had more time for mapping. I did't d/l it, but did you make the mover an "AttachMover"

Chrysaor
26th Nov 2001, 05:33 PM
Ya, for some reason it doesn't work tho. I don't think this one will get off the drawing board for awhile, i need to finish some stuff first. (You know like school work :))

Astyanax
26th Nov 2001, 05:46 PM
I told you I wouldn't work flawless. You have to attach the flag to an attachmover. If you try this, you'll find out that UT will repeat the message "The red/blue was returned!" while the mover with the flag on it is moving. Very annoying. This can be solved by subclassing FlagBase and adding a little script. The map I used this script in is on my other computer. I'll retrieve it for you if you're interested.

Chrysaor
26th Nov 2001, 07:01 PM
/me is interested :)

Astyanax
27th Nov 2001, 10:36 AM
Very ugly syntax highlighting, but I hope you get the idea ;)

//=============================================================================
// MovingFlagBase.
//=============================================================================
class MovingFlagBase expands FlagBase;

function Tick(Float Delta)
{
Super.Tick(Delta);
if (CTFReplicationInfo(Level.Game.GameReplicationInfo).FlagList[Team].IsInState('home'))
CTFReplicationInfo(Level.Game.GameReplicationInfo).FlagList[Team].SetLocation(Location);
}

Attaching this MovingFlagBase to your AttachMover should do the trick. :)

Chrysaor
28th Nov 2001, 05:18 PM
You want to tell me how to creat a new actor, it's been awhile :)

StoneViper
29th Nov 2001, 02:14 AM
can someone make the .u file for me so i don't have to do the work. i mean, so i can give appropriate credits,.. or something. And can you post it here.

Chrysaor
29th Nov 2001, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by StoneViper
can someone make the .u file for me so i don't have to do the work. i mean, so i can give appropriate credits,.. or something. And can you post it here.

/me is confused :/

StoneViper
29th Nov 2001, 01:13 PM
i don't want to edit the script myself, so can someone make that script. and post it here, i want that .u file.

Astyanax
29th Nov 2001, 01:49 PM
OK here it is you bunch of lazy people. ;)

Astyanax
31st Jan 2002, 02:34 PM
So what happened to this map?

RigorMortis
1st Feb 2002, 02:06 PM
i know that wasnt POWerman 5000 in your winamp there at the bottom of the first pic.... :rolleyes:

hehehe... i did enjoy the architecture too, i just like to snoop atr what else you have on your 'puter! :D

Chrysaor
1st Feb 2002, 11:25 PM
This map like so many others was scrapped :)

If it's not going to play/workout I scrap em before I'm done. Sorry. It's neat looking, but that's about it :)

@Rig, there's tons of texes, prefabs, half finished ideas and whatnot on my comp along with good music :) the problem is that the only one youll be able to access is the music and even then you'll have to find it yourself :)

Well maybe some stuff will come out in time...but this map...no.

RigorMortis
2nd Feb 2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Chrysaor
@Rig, there's tons of texes, prefabs, half finished ideas and whatnot on my comp along with good music :) the problem is that the only one youll be able to access is the music and even then you'll have to find it yourself :)

silly peanut butter, i didnt mean snoop at what you have on your 'puter like THAT, i meant looking at the screenshots, i like to snoop at what you have, like i saw the Morpheus icon and AIM and that kinda thing... not hack or anything, sheesh. :lol:

Chrysaor
2nd Feb 2002, 01:26 AM
okie, i feel better now :)

Luggage
2nd Feb 2002, 06:37 AM
:( Why not give it away then? Pity about it!

Chrysaor
2nd Feb 2002, 12:40 PM
Nah, that would require zipping it and re-uploading it

Astyanax
2nd Feb 2002, 01:54 PM
Nah, that would require zipping it and re-uploading it

I estimate that will take 15 seconds. Yeah that would be a pain! :rolleyes:

Chrysaor
2nd Feb 2002, 02:21 PM
Haha, alright, just a sec...if you use it i want partial credit tho

It was all of 30 kb over the upload limit, so u can get it from my site.
www.chrysaor.org/brainwash.zip

Mazy
18th Feb 2002, 08:09 AM
omgg~~~looks greeeeeeaatt~~~~ chrysaor~~~

Chrysaor
19th Feb 2002, 10:58 PM
what's with you and ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ lately?

Astyanax
20th Feb 2002, 04:19 AM
I think there are actually only 2 problems with the CTF-Brainwash:

1) The bots don't know what to do;
2) The mover with the flag on it should crush when encroach to prevent the flag from 'sinking' into the mover.

Overall I think it's a cool map. It could provide some ultra fast action!

Freakish
20th Feb 2002, 04:58 AM
/me can't dl :(

Chrysaor
20th Feb 2002, 04:29 PM
I think I deleted the original d/l cuz I didn't expect someone to resurrect this thread :) The updated one should work tho... does this work? www.chrysaor.org/brainwash.zip ?

Chrysaor
20th Feb 2002, 04:30 PM
My host is being troublesome lately, that's why it isn't working :-/

Mazy
21st Feb 2002, 08:48 AM
what's with you and ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ lately?

ITSA TEH DREWLL!!!! :)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SELDOM_EVER!!!!