Core.int problems ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

scraggy dogg

Nov 20, 2001
Manchester UK
Visit site
I have tried Re-Installing 2.86 then 2.86 again.. When I get to running the setup.exe for 2.86 that is in my Unrealtournament Folder, I get an error message " Failed opening destination file
C:\Unre...\System\Core.int - may be used by another process etc...... bad sectors etc etc.... I have been through the Forum and have found a few Posts with same/similar problems, but after reading them I am still no wiser ?
My shortcut reads :- C:\UnrealTournament\System\Infiltration.exe entry.unr INI=Infiltration.ini USERINI=InfiltrationUser.ini )

And my game is patched to 436 ..... Please Help me .... as I mentioned on my last post 2.85 works great, but I would like to try 2.86 and not give up just yet .....

Will try to attatch picture of problem (but It prob will not work like lat time I tried )

Khutan

Always in a vicious circle....
Jul 25, 2001
Merseyside, UK
www.planetunreal.com
When I get to running the setup.exe for 2.86 that is in my Unrealtournament Folder
Aren't you supposed to extract the setup files into a temporary directory (like C:\tmp) and then run setup from there? (yes, you are :D)
bad sectors
....this may sound silly, but did you try checking for bad sectors? :D (scandisk)

Also, you should probably do what MadWoffen said in your other thread ;)

scraggy dogg

Nov 20, 2001
Manchester UK
Visit site
I am Mr Stupid !!!

After Installing my 2.86 File ....... the 1st time .....
I forgot that the file I had d/loaded was a .exe and thought it was a .zip ..............so I extracted it to Unrealtournament folder and then when I found the setup.exe in the winzip list I double clicked - hence Problems with core.int !
Thanks for your patience !
Sorry for being such a silly Tw** JAF

If u dont understand...? - I should have Unzipped and just D/Clicked the setup.exe, NOT extracted THEN D/Clicked setup.exe !.........MMMmmmm, Yess, OK, Dunno, Maybe, ?

Thanks to all who replied and very sorry for wasting your time on such a stupid post !

Now, I just unzipped, d/click on setup.exe and done .... BUT ! Having problems.... having to r/mouse click many times before accurate/laser sight activates ? Any Theories ? getting shot-a-lot............JAF
:(