PDA

View Full Version : sheering brushes

jreister
21st Nov 2001, 03:54 AM
In Ued 1 there used to be a sheer brush button. It was quite practical sometimes. How can I sheer a brush in Ued 2?

Balton
21st Nov 2001, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by jreister
In Ued 1 there used to be a sheer brush button. It was quite practical sometimes. How can I sheer a brush in Ued 2?

explain the word sheer... maybe i can help you

jreister
21st Nov 2001, 04:40 AM
have to explain it in german

Einen Brush schräg verschieben. Von I I nach / /. Richtung Raute.

Balton
21st Nov 2001, 04:41 AM
ah, vertex editing?

jreister
21st Nov 2001, 05:02 AM
No.

You can only move the sides of the brush prallel. It will affect the whole brush.

Astyanax
21st Nov 2001, 07:29 AM
Isn't that called skewing?

Bot_40
21st Nov 2001, 12:45 PM
type this into the command box in UED:

Mode facedrag

It is quite useful for cubes and stuff but for complex brushes it is difficult to use. It also has different effects depending on where you drag in relation to the brush
eg. I think that if you drag in the middle of the brush, it scales the brush up and down.
If you drag sideways above the brush, it sill skew it to the side

I personally prefere vertex edit mode for skewing brushes anyway, it's a lot quicker and easier to use.

jreister
21st Nov 2001, 01:06 PM
yeah, guess vertex editing is okay for this. Facedrag is an interesting option, which I tested recently

Rev Billy G
21st Nov 2001, 05:34 PM
Quite often, I go into the brush properties-->mainscale and set the skewing direction and amount in there. Make sure you transform the brush permanently afterwards tho or you'll find it disappears in the ed if you zoom in too close.