PDA

View Full Version : How do a reviewer play UT?

MrFawn
19th Nov 2001, 10:40 AM
http://www.planetunreal.com/sunspire/reviews/review.asp?id=35

you almost need the jump boots or a hammer jump to get the body armor

When will the reviewers learn how to play UT

I got a little caught up when I tried to look at this map in the editor. I realized after the final rebuild, the author must have deleted all the brushes. I imagine this stunt was pulled so that no one can see or copy the brushwork from the map. I can think of few other ways to spit at the community than to hide your techniques and skills from them.
The people who would copy the brushes will never be skilled.

Who got an ownage by stealing som brushes from Dm-Sewer? He's in fact more leet than me because of that :(

Gah why do I care at all :/
the pro UT players loves it :)

Ulukai
19th Nov 2001, 11:49 AM
It's a nifty map, Fawn, but I couldn't see Edge in there :) How many Kilobytes did deleteing the brushes save?

/me hugs fawn and points at a modem

@kuma
19th Nov 2001, 11:58 AM
Like I said, it's a cool map

Sunspire only like their Clone Maps DavidM flavored :p

MrFawn
19th Nov 2001, 02:00 PM
90% of the map is made of cubes, and everyone knows how to make cubes.....and I saved at least 1 mb deleting all of the brushes

@kuma
19th Nov 2001, 02:35 PM
90% of the map is made of cubes

all that was missing was the wood & red lights :D

Chrysaor
19th Nov 2001, 02:48 PM
rofl, u forgot the ubiqutous crates...unless that's included in teh cubez :D

MrFawn
19th Nov 2001, 03:18 PM
rich u fag, u told me to remove all of the wood textures !
I should smack u with Dm-Pah!

and yes I forgot the crates!!! That's IT!! :D

fragswill
20th Nov 2001, 11:09 AM
"I can think of few other ways to spit at the community than to hide your techniques and skills from them."

Try asking any half-life / quake-engine mapper if you can see their uncompiled map file.

Ulukai
20th Nov 2001, 12:19 PM
And check out that low, low polycount....

Winner.

Chrysaor
20th Nov 2001, 12:28 PM
Ya, my p233 can't handle more than 120 polys, so help me out :D

Dai2
20th Nov 2001, 01:07 PM
This slap in the face to the segment of downloaders (those who use UnrealEd as much as UT) is a strong statement and a negative one at that. The people who would copy the brushes will never be skilled and have already doomed themselves to poor mapping, but the real losers when someone pulls this trick are the people who may learn something about mapping and may one day contribute to the community.

oh my :D

deleting the bsp is a kind of gay trend, but this reviewer is taking it a_bit_too_far :rolleyes:

Mxtrmntr
20th Nov 2001, 04:02 PM
I like Ordeal, it's a really cool map :)

The main thing is still that a map is good, not if it's accessible with Ued...that's definetely not worth a whole paragraph or a downrating, but that's nothing that hasn't been said yet...

BangOut
21st Nov 2001, 05:24 PM
HAHAHAH HA HA HA HA

Oh, MrFawn! I seem to remember some retarded little stunt you pulled a couple months ago that crashed my computer by exploiting a Win98 bug.

What goes around comes around, right? Ding!!! I think Naligirl went a little far with this zinger but it sure is funny from over here :D

MrFawn
23rd Nov 2001, 07:21 PM
I bet it is :D

@kuma
23rd Nov 2001, 07:48 PM
sunspire who?

that sure got old fast

fawn wheres your 50 poly SP map? eh?

MrFawn
24th Nov 2001, 11:54 AM
its almost done