PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a pawn drop the flag in CTF?

Psycho_Leech
18th Nov 2001, 11:08 AM
Does anybody know?

Smoke39
18th Nov 2001, 02:12 PM
Perhaps the translocator code has it?

Wormbo
18th Nov 2001, 02:17 PM
It's done with the Drop() function of CTFFlag.
The Translocator checks the AllowTranslocation() function of the current GameInfo. In CTF this function calls CTFFlag.Drop() if the pawn has the flag.

Psycho_Leech
18th Nov 2001, 03:20 PM
Well, I took the AllowTranslocation() code out so you can telezip with the translocator disabled.
What does "I am the Alpha and the Omega" actually mean?

Wormbo
25th Nov 2001, 09:16 AM
Not know.
Alpha is the first letter of the greek alphabet and omega is the last on. Maybe it means "I rule from the beginning and I'll be your end.":D

Psycho_Leech
26th Nov 2001, 04:18 PM
Or simply "I am the begining and the end"
Or simply saying something without having a clue what it means, but it sounds good.

Postal
27th Nov 2001, 09:49 PM
"I am the alpha and the omega"

quote from the bible
guess who said it.

Smoke39
27th Nov 2001, 10:43 PM
Eh... A guy named Björn?

Psycho_Leech
30th Nov 2001, 04:30 PM
Xan

Smoke39
2nd Dec 2001, 08:55 PM
Jörg?

Wormbo
7th Dec 2001, 04:45 PM
Witness Jörg's perfection! :D

Smoke39
8th Dec 2001, 02:53 AM
ö is fun to say.

someguy_99
8th Dec 2001, 06:27 PM
How do you pronounce it?

Smoke39
9th Dec 2001, 06:21 PM
How do you explain how to pronounce things? It's sorta like the "oo" of "good" or "wood." It's kinda different in Björn and Jörg, though, cuz of the "j" (a "y" sound) and "r" (sorta a mix of "r" and "g"). Schlagzeug is fun, too.

We WoD people are the masters of off topicness.

Wormbo
10th Dec 2001, 01:40 AM
Schlagzeug! :rolleyes: What's so funny about Schlagzeug?
[Shlugsoyk] :D (the "U" should be pronounced like in "but")

...hey, you were right. It IS funny! :)

Smoke39
10th Dec 2001, 09:32 PM
Actualy, it would be like the "o" in "fog." And the "g" is pronounce as a regular "g," as in "good." And the "z" would be pronounced "ts," like in "bits."
ü is fun, too. :)
Günther.
Please don't make me explain how to say ü or Günther...

Wormbo
16th Dec 2001, 03:53 PM
The people have a right to know it. ;) :rolleyes:

Smoke39
16th Dec 2001, 04:29 PM
Fine....
ü is sorta like saying "u" (like the "oo" in "food") and the "e" in "me" at the same time. Sorta shape your lips like the "u" but your tongue like the "e." That's tthe best I can explain it. Also, the "h" in "th" in German is silent. There is no "th" sound in German like Enlgish. There is "sh" and "ch" though: "sch" and "tsch." They both made more sense than the English spellings, considering the way "ch" is pronounced in German, which also makes more sense than the English pronounciation of "ch." Eh, yeah. Why exactly am I telling you this again?

Wormbo
17th Dec 2001, 01:25 AM
Hmm... because it's off topic?

Who started by saying Björn, anyway?

Psycho_Leech
17th Dec 2001, 03:45 PM
Smoke started this, we don't really need to go on-topic again 'cos we know all we needed to find out on this post.
I have no idea why you are telling us this.

Smoke39
17th Dec 2001, 10:14 PM
I see...
Ich bin nicht ein Walross und ich spiele nicht Schlagzueg. Mein Opa heisst Bob, mein Vater heisst Bob, und mein Bruder heisst Bob. Ach, ich heisse Bob, auch. Ja, ich finde Käse sehr gut und ich möchte ein Banane, bitte. Ich komme aus Walross Land und Orangensaft ist kaputt. KAPUTT! Orangensaft ist blöd, auch! SEHR blöd! So, wie heisst du? Wo ist mein Banane? Heisst du Jörg? Hast du ein Banane? Ich möchte ein Banane. Banane, Banane, Banane, APFEL!

stimmt oder stimmt nicht:
Käse is gut.
5+5=zehn
Ich bin ein stück Kuchen!

Ich gewinnen!

Eh... Sorry about that.

Answers:
stimmt
stimmt
stimmt nicht

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
18th Dec 2001, 03:12 AM
um einen Pfandgegenstand die Markierungsfahne fallenlassen zu lassen,
benutzen Sie ein Stück des Codes, das wie als "
ctfflag(dude.playerreplicationinfo.hasflag).drop(ein wenig sein muß);
". Die Bedeutung des Lebens ist jetzt, jedoch, 42 und wenn Sie
beharren, beende ich Ihre puny Lebensdauer.

Psycho_Leech
18th Dec 2001, 05:47 PM
Vlib nib a sib dib blib kib trib-lib-bib flib quib dib bib nib, snooze...

Smoke39
18th Dec 2001, 08:41 PM
Ja?

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
19th Dec 2001, 03:36 AM
I believe Alpha means the creator, and Omega means the all-powerful. One of those things that gods like to say. Makes them feel big.

Smoke39
19th Dec 2001, 09:33 PM
Die Hose ist kaputt!

Olethros
8th Jan 2002, 09:08 PM
How did your pants get broken, and why would a walrus - who's grandpa, father and brother are named "Bob" just like itself - want a banana and then an apple?

Why would a walrus wear pants anyway? And why would it even know about orange juice or that its name was "Bob"?

Your incoherency has caused a major malfuntion in my already limited capability of understanding German. I will now put on some yellow music and paint the ceiling walls in a pleasant shade of sweet 'n sour.

Smoke39
8th Jan 2002, 10:51 PM
Mein Taschenrechner ist kaputt auch...

EasyRaider
10th Jan 2002, 06:05 AM
A very educational thread...

Psycho_Leech
10th Jan 2002, 01:48 PM
Ich Will, Ich Will, ICH WILL!!!
(My knowledge of German doesn't extend past Rammstien lyrics, and even then, I still no clue what it means)

Olethros
10th Jan 2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Smoke39

Dein Taschenrechner? You're obviously quite advanced, as aquatic mammals go! I mean, a pair of pants and a calculator...

Maybe Rammstein has written a song about that. I wouldn't know, since I never really listen to their lyrics anyway:

Punish me, punish me.
Stone turns into gold
and gold turns into stone.
You may be my punisher.

Now, what the <sexual intercourse> is that supposed to mean?!?

Smoke39
10th Jan 2002, 11:01 PM
It means rocks and gold will turn into each other when that guy is punish by that other guy. Yeah.
I could make up a song about a calculator:

Taschenrechner!
Er is gut!
Taschenrechner!
Er ist nicht kaputt!
Taschenrechner!
Er ist über Mathe!
Taschenrechner!
Er is sehr Klasse!
Ja!

Pretty neat, huh?

Psycho_Leech
11th Jan 2002, 02:37 PM
I listen to Rammstien, I listen to lyrics, but I still don't know what they mean, but they sound cool, I've got a compilation with Sonne on it, and have seen other songs on Kerrang!, but haven't got any of their albums yet.

Olethros
11th Jan 2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Psycho_Leech
I listen to Rammstien, I listen to lyrics, but I still don't know what they mean, but they sound cool, I've got a compilation with Sonne on it, and have seen other songs on Kerrang!, but haven't got any of their albums yet.

Perhaps you should start by learning how to spell "Rammstein". ;)

Is it a typically German thing to get emotionally attached to one's calculator?

Smoke39
11th Jan 2002, 10:32 PM
Probably not, but that doesn't keep my song from being cool! It has "kaputt" in it! Yeah!

Wormbo
12th Jan 2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Smoke39

Now I've got you! Any average translator program return that stuff if you feed it with "My calculator is broken, too...":rolleyes:

The correct sentence would be:

Mein Taschenrechner ist auch kaputt...

Postal
12th Jan 2002, 07:01 PM
I am the Alpha and the Omega.

In the old latin alphabet (alpha beta AB minue the letter a to represent the whole alphabet) Alpha was the first letter, and Omega the Last. Hence I am the Alpha and the Omega means that I was here in the beginning, and I will be here in the end, or it can be interperated that I am everything.

Smoke39
12th Jan 2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Wormbo

Now I've got you! Any average translator program return that stuff if you feed it with "My calculator is broken, too...":rolleyes:

The correct sentence would be:

Mein Taschenrechner ist auch kaputt...

Yeah whatever. Why didn't you yell at me for writing "Ich gewinnen" if you're so smart?

Wormbo
12th Jan 2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Postal
In the old latin alphabet (alpha beta AB minue the letter a to represent the whole alphabet) Alpha was the first letter, and Omega the Last. Hence I am the Alpha and the Omega means that I was here in the beginning, and I will be here in the end, or it can be interperated that I am everything.

Uhm... I thought Alpha, Beta and Omega were letters of the Greek alphabet...:con:

Olethros
12th Jan 2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Wormbo
Uhm... I thought Alpha, Beta and Omega were letters of the Greek alphabet...:con:
Obviously, Wormbo is pretty smart... The latin alphabet - which you're reading right now - starts with "a" and ends with "z" (or "&aring;" in Norwegian, Danish and Swedish).

As for Rammstein lyrics, I just listened to the words of "Tier" ("Animal") and I am quite disgusted! Check it out:
He will go to his daughter,
she is fair and young of years.
He greets(?) her like a dog,
he will have his own flesh and blood.
Sick, isn't it?

Smoke39
13th Jan 2002, 01:48 PM
Roger walnut.

Postal
13th Jan 2002, 09:48 PM
Look at my grammer and spelling, dont execpt any reference to launguage of mine to be correct, I dont know the bloddy difference from a adverb and french.