Legalize it?????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

legalize "sweet leaf?"

• yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • no

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
you mean canabis?
its not illegal to say it you know, or do you mean something else...

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
The fact that its illeagle while nicotine + alchohol are legal is ridiculous. There are many reasons why its less dangerous than both of those, and in fact has been shown to be a beneficial drug in some cases, but most importantly it is non addictive meaning that people can stop and start whenever they want, it harms noone but them ( if it harms them at all ) so preventing them from doing it or even punishing them for doing it is wrong.

Also, even if you deny this, legalising the use of cannabis wouldnt actually increase the usage and would free up great amounts of police time and prison space, as well as reducing the use of harder drugs by removing the gateways to drug dealers, so no matter how dangerous you believe it to be, there is no reason not to legalise it.

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by Frostblood
The fact that its illeagle while nicotine + alchohol are legal is ridiculous. There are many reasons why its less dangerous than both of those, and in fact has been shown to be a beneficial drug in some cases, but most importantly it is non addictive meaning that people can stop and start whenever they want, it harms noone but them ( if it harms them at all ) so preventing them from doing it or even punishing them for doing it is wrong.

Also, even if you deny this, legalising the use of cannabis wouldnt actually increase the usage and would free up great amounts of police time and prison space, as well as reducing the use of harder drugs by removing the gateways to drug dealers, so no matter how dangerous you believe it to be, there is no reason not to legalise it.

speaking of problesm clearing up... heroine. before it was made "illegal" in the uk, there was like, a handfull of addicts, couple of hundred tops. they could get pure clean heroine from doctors and stuff...
then the goverment decided to crack down on that sort of thing, and now, hundreds of thousands of peeps are hooked on heroine, laced with all kinds of nast stuff (which is that causes all or most of) the health problems...

do you see?

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
"Some countries have allready legalized it...

The netherlands, good 'ol belgium...
It's only legal if it's purely for personnal use

No prob for me"

Lucky you :D
What use other than personal use did they have in mind though?

By contrast to the common sense of europe, the US governement have banned any product that contains traces of THC that might be ingested...even if you would have to eat kilograms of it to get high...what are they on?:rolleyes:

GMotha

The nipples from Napels
Nov 3, 2001
Antwerp
gmotha.deviantart.com
Non-personnal use means dealing and stuff...
I don't get the idea of that eather, but anyway the governement moves in mysterious ways:p
I think they should legalize it everywhere, not like it's harmfull (at least as healthy as a sigaret, but tastier)...

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
the idea is mothra ;) that you can smoke it, but you have to buy it from safe, legalised and licensed premises.

i think.

personally, i dont smoke, and dont want to smoke dope either, but i still think it should be legal in a world that allows tabacco and alchohol...

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
do you see?

Not really, criminalizing something doesnt generate an increase in demand for it... and decriminalizing drugs leads to Amsterdam which is not somewhere any one not dutch should be expected to live :)

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
"but most importantly it is non addictive meaning that people can stop and start whenever they want, it harms noone but them ( if it harms them at all )" - Frostblood

according to a mate of mine who's currently a med student it is slightly addictive, physically, not mentally...

I'm drawn to the pov of some educationists that informing people about the objective benefits/negative effects of cannabis would hopefully lead to a society where people made the choice for themselves, instead of uninformed peeps giving in to peer presure or liking the drug for the rebellious/socially empowering connotations it currently has. I'm not saying those are reasons people smoke the stuff, just that they're some of the excuses people probably shouldn't use to justify the use of cannabis, because they do very little to further the cause of those trying to legalise pot.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
They should legalise it for registered sufferers of multiple sclerosis etc right sodding now. Hell, Doctors publicly tell patients suffering from said disease to try and get hold of some if they can.

Of course, there is a lot of left-wing politcal bull**** to wade through before that's ever gonna happen.

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
i think its so ****ing idiotic that you can buy cigs/alcohol/pain killers/etc but they wont legalize weed. it would be a lot safer and weaker if it was legalized. just look at moonshine(if any of ya know what that is) its a lot more dangerous and stronger than anything you can buy from a liquor store. im not saying all illegal drugs should be legalized cause some of them are really fucking dangerous..........

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
pot is a lame fucking drug at the best of times. Why don't they legalize charlie & pills is what I want to know :p