PDA

View Full Version : Help On HUD

Brood_of_Evil
14th Nov 2001, 11:32 PM
Hi, I have a few question regarding using a new HUD in a mutator. I've read a few tutorials on HUD's but most of them indicate that the best way to use the new hud, is by making a new game type. But I don't really need to make a new game type. I've used the PostRender function in the mutator subclass of my package, but I don't really know how to make if work. Please if someone out there have any experience with HUD's and know how to run them from a mutator (NOT GAMETYPE) I would be thankful if you can clear this doubt I have, thanks.

eXoR
15th Nov 2001, 03:40 AM
Hey,

Assuming your PostRender function in your mutator function is properly set up, this Tick function will make it work:

Function Tick(float DeltaTime)
{
if (!bHUDMutator)
RegisterHUDMutator();
}

Or, if you already have a function Tick, just add the if Statement + function call. If you want to make really clean and fast code, and don’t have a function Tick yet, you could disable Tick when your HUD mutator is registered, by adding this:

else
Disable(‘Tick’);

under the RegisterHUDMutator call.

By the way, to clear things up: you really DON’T need a gametype to add things to the HUD. If you want a totally new HUD, so you don’t want the normal things (ammo, weapons, frags) drawn on the HUD, yes then you need a gametype. Another thing you need a gametype for is to make a new scoreboard.

Hope this helps you,

eXoR.

Brood_of_Evil
15th Nov 2001, 03:57 AM
Works great!! Thanks a lot for taking your time and helping this poor soul!! :D

eXoR
15th Nov 2001, 05:22 AM
No problem ! I'm just glad I was able to help.

2COOL4-U
15th Nov 2001, 09:24 AM
eXoR!!!!

eXoR
15th Nov 2001, 10:37 AM
2Cool4U !!