PDA

View Full Version : Great realism mod idea

Holocaust
14th Nov 2001, 05:26 PM
I've got a great idea for a realism mod. But since I own a macintosh, I can't make it myself.

It's a team based mod were there's two teams against each other.

The goal is to eliminate the other team, you have 3 lives and only half the health you have in original UT.

The Blue team is the U.S Marine Corps, the red team is Russian Spetsnaz. The marines start with a costumable M-4 assaultrifle and a M9 Berreta. The Spetsnaz troops start with a costum Ak-47 and an handgun. Like in Night's Edge, the soldier can buy stuff, only in this mod you can't buy weapons, just parts for the rifle; like silencers, grenadelaunchers (secondary trigger), shotguns (secondary trigger), flamethrowers (secondary trigger) flashlights, scopes, armor piercing rounds, etc. You should also be able to buy armors, ammo, grenades and custumize the pistol.

It should also have new maps. Big maps, pehaps there could be missions like in Assault. There should'nt be any items lying around on the maps, it's unrealistic, but you should be able top open lockers, crates and other containers and find a custom part inside, open- not blow up or walk over. There should be an action button too so you can't just walk up to a door to open it.

There should be new playermodels in the mod too.

Please reply if you think you can make this mod.

Raden
15th Nov 2001, 12:18 AM
Just try any realism mod out there. They're all the same thing these days.

mr. mister
15th Nov 2001, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Nemephosis
Just try any realism mod out there. They're all the same thing these days.

Yea, and dont try SF, it sucks (INF too). but if you REALLY want a realism mod, then change your mind. TO sucks as well.

RegularX
15th Nov 2001, 11:25 AM
Yea, and dont try SF, it sucks (INF too). but if you REALLY want a realism mod, then change your mind. TO sucks as well.

wouldn't that be about all of them? Or is AgentX the only non-sucky one?

rgx :rl:

Postal
15th Nov 2001, 02:50 PM
C4 planing something similar, 4 way team deathmatch

US
Russia Spetsnaz
Some german group
And undecide for other

Well we dont know if I will make it, but we have some rought ideas

Holocaust
17th Nov 2001, 07:06 PM
Ok, many realism mods are pretty much the same. BUT my idea is that instead of buying like 50 different weapons, is to buy customizing tools and stuff like grenadelaunchers, flametrower, shotguns and scopes for the assaultrifle and dotsights, auto-fire, burst and other enhanchments for the handgun. Instead of buying weapons, you'd buy weapon power-ups and modify your weapons like in the Playstation 2 game 'Extermination'. And like in 'Night's edge' you buy stuff before the round begins, only you don't buy new weapons just power-ups for the starting weapons. The starting weapons should be a handgun and an assaultrifle. I think thats an original mod, don't you?

RegularX
17th Nov 2001, 07:24 PM
For BountyWar, I'm looking at having a subsection of the weaponry with damage/accuracy/effect powerups. Dont think it's quite along the lines of versatility you are talking about, more of a Dues Ex kinda mod system.

Not sure how this would work with realistic weapons, not being a gun nut meeself...

But, I say buy yourself a cheap Win laptop and try doing it yourself The box I'm working on cost me near nothing...

rgx

Phyre
29th Nov 2001, 09:24 PM
I think tactical ops is a great mod, but it can become unbalanced... inf is alright but its *too-real* how you die so easy.

Lemoni
30th Nov 2001, 01:09 PM
Agent X is comming back and that would make a good game type

Holocaust
30th Nov 2001, 05:01 PM
Wow! That's good news. But what about the part with only having a pistol and rifle and buy silencers and stuff for 'em?

It is very unrealistic that you can buy guns in game or find them on floors!

This is a sulotion for the unrealism (from first post) wich not many paid any attention to...

"The Blue team is the U.S Marine Corps, the red team is Russian Spetsnaz. The marines start with a costumable M-4/M-16 assaultrifle and a M9 Berreta. The Spetsnaz troops start with a costumable Ak-47 and a russian handgun. Like in Night's Edge, the soldier can buy stuff, only in this mod you can't buy weapons, just parts for the rifle; like silencers, grenadelaunchers (secondary trigger), shotguns (secondary trigger), flashlights, scopes, armor piercing rounds, etc. You should also be able to buy armors, ammo, grenades and custumize the pistol."