Crack the code!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Here are the rules. I'll post a coded message and you try and craxxor it. The first one to post the original message here wins. Then they post one...you know the drill. Keep it simple, so no PGP or other encryption programs allowed...basically, if it needs a computer to encode, dont do it.

Here you go : MOVR PMR YITLRU"

Think laterally...thats a big clue

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Originally posted by Frostblood
Here are the rules. I'll post a coded message and you try and craxxor it. The first one to post the original message here wins. Then they post one...you know the drill. Keep it simple, so no PGP or other encryption programs allowed...basically, if it needs a computer to encode, dont do it.

Here you go : MOVR PMR YITLRU"

Think laterally...thats a big clue

There’s a problem with your puzzle. When you make such a puzzle, you need to make it so there can be only one correct answer, or at least one very probable answer. Since you only have a few letters, there isn’t enough there to limit possible answers. I can create more than one solution to this and even though it’s not what you’re looking for, can argue that it’s still a valid solution.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Thats right Bot40 :)
Q : Theres only one right answer because theres only one answer that i say is right...i AM the law :) I doubt there is another logical decoding system that gives a correct answer anway...

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Look at this then:

MOVR---PMR---YITLRY
H---E---THE--------E

I could say: HAVE THE and the last word could have all sorts of possibilities: The last word could end in an ER and there are all sorts of combinations for the first 4 letters that haven’t already been used. Like I said, too many possible combinations and you can’t say mine is wrong when it’s a possibility. Plus, the last word doesn’t have to end in an ER, which gives you even more possibilities. It could end in an ES, or most anything. Doesn’t matter what you have in mind. What matters is that there is more than one possible answer.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Q : Is there actually a logical order there? can you give me a message that works from my code and tell me the system which gave it? I was assuming a less obtuse code than simply "A means G, B means T" etc, which is just boring.

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Q : Is there actually a logical order there? can you give me a message that works from my code and tell me the system which gave it? I was assuming a less obtuse code than simply "A means G, B means T" etc, which is just boring.

Didn't you read Quals last post? He explained it clear enough I should think.
And I don't quite see your code bein' so much less obtuse in the first place.
Plus, the answer didn't mean anything to me.
Maybe there is some clever way I should have reasoned it out, but I don't see it.

Enryption has something to do with logic usually. If I had a long text, I could make assumptons concerning letter combinations and the propability of a letter appearing. Like the E, which is about the only letter I could reason out with a good certanity in your code. It was too short to spot a pattern or be definite, and since the answer is meaningless to me I couldn't even guess.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
You had to move one key left on the keyboard, which was given a clue by "laterally". And it was proven not to be obtuse by the fact that it was solved in under 3 hours.

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
You had to move one key left on the keyboard, which was given a clue by "laterally". And it was proven not to be obtuse by the fact that it was solved in under 3 hours.

Actually Bot_40 admitted to it bein' more like a stroke of genius in the moment he read your hint... known to happen.
You completly miss the point I and Qual made. Oh, WTF. :D