PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is what I call a poll....

[DecoY]
14th Nov 2001, 12:56 PM
What DO we want in our maps???

oosyxxx
14th Nov 2001, 01:07 PM
Pictures of Larry Hagman and scrollboards with pro-Nazi messages.

Vendetta
14th Nov 2001, 01:49 PM
you forgot lots of Z axis.
i like maps that have spots that give the appearance you can dominate from there, while all the time yer back is left open.

Bot_40
14th Nov 2001, 02:59 PM
I like a map that achives what it's set out to do. I don't hate a map because it doesn't look good if it's the most fun I've ever had (Deck16][) nor do I hate a map that has no flow or playabiliy if it sets out just to look visually impressive (falkenstein).
Deck16 and Falkenstein are two of my favourite maps but are totally and completly different and I like them for different reasons which is why I'm not going to vote in your poll :)

Cat Fuzz
14th Nov 2001, 07:49 PM
ROFLMAO!! Playability and a pic of the author are tied for first!

Hourences
14th Nov 2001, 07:53 PM
1337 atmosfere, a map is not an substracted cube, it suppose to give you a picture of a piece of a certain world, make it look like its a part of that and dont just substract ''things''

QUALTHWAR
14th Nov 2001, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by PeaceKeeper
What DO we want in our maps???

I want less clutter.

[DecoY]
15th Nov 2001, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by QUALTHWAR

I want less clutter.

The red star, is that where you live?:D

[DecoY]
15th Nov 2001, 01:55 PM
What I got so fa is this:

A map with:
Great playability, a pic of the author, great lighting, a redeemer and lot's of crap.
Am I right?:D
If I make a map, would this pic be good enough?

JTRipper
15th Nov 2001, 02:07 PM
I think it would be perfect. ;)

Balton
15th Nov 2001, 02:12 PM
well, put that pic into a trap. also add an audio event. so when you get into the trap you will see that pic plus somebody saying "you got bumped!!!!" and then you die : )

Claw
15th Nov 2001, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Hourences
1337 atmosfere, a map is not an substracted cube, it suppose to give you a picture of a piece of a certain world, make it look like its a part of that and dont just substract ''things''

rrright!

It wasn't a choice tho :(

But I enjoy a lvl with a great architecture too. Falkenstein is really great, but I think Konosos][ has a better atmosphere. It has many different areas, and I like the portal too.

Deathwing
15th Nov 2001, 06:07 PM
I want it to be fun. Simple enough, but that's not up there.

Claw
15th Nov 2001, 06:48 PM
What I forgot before:

tons of movers, ambient sounds and triggered events.
I also like stuff hidden in chests and vases etc.
I also like to see a few pawns in a map, maybe some ugly thing lurking in an area, biting fish in the water.
I think this adds to atmosphere.
I liked Outcast very much, and fighting in the cities full of people you were strangely expected not to kill.
I always wanted to do that against human enemies.

[DecoY]
19th Nov 2001, 04:17 AM
Damnit, why is everyone so serious? :mad:
It's a joke!!! HELLO?!
SJEESJ!!!

Balton
19th Nov 2001, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Balton.de
well, put that pic into a trap. also add an audio event. so when you get into the trap you will see that pic plus somebody saying "you got bumped!!!!" and then you die : )

I was joking! now put out that map!!!

oosyxxx
30th Jul 2003, 09:37 PM
Pictures of Larry Hagman and scrollboards with pro-Nazi messages.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I LOVED THOSE MAPS!

Zlal
1st Aug 2003, 09:39 AM
I like a map that achives what it's set out to do. I don't hate a map because it doesn't look good if it's the most fun I've ever had (Deck16][) nor do I hate a map that has no flow or playabiliy if it sets out just to look visually impressive (falkenstein).
Deck16 and Falkenstein are two of my favourite maps but are totally and completly different and I like them for different reasons which is why I'm not going to vote in your poll :)

-_-'

Zarkazm
1st Aug 2003, 09:58 AM
-_-'
Funny that you would do this. I only had a talk with Bot about it on IRC yesterday.

Btw, Falkenstein still owns. In it's own way.

The Twiggman
1st Aug 2003, 12:30 PM
I'd say just some crazy twisting bunch of hallways and rooms. I always liked those crampt and clastraphobic maps. Where its all too dark and the gunfire lights stuff up. And the killing devices in there. Like floor traps and stuff. Makes for a good fight.