Selectable Crouch height...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
I'm sure all of you have wished at some point we could crouch a bit lower or higher to shoot throught a window, a hole or just over a small obstacle without exposing ourselves too much... Since the Team has begun to fiddle with skeletal anims, maybe they could devise some way for us to do just that...

Possible way to implement it : use key + jump or crouch could allow us to adjust our height from near prone to near full standing... I guess this would only work while not moving (simplier to code that way)...

Any comments or idea?

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
ive already suggested this
in the thread BRAIN

a brain should be added that does these kind of things.... but doing it manually might help

i dunno if this falls under the brain, i hope the team does :)

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
Actually it was suggested long ago, and at the time it didn't seem necessary. But now with weapon collision I think the team should look into it.

[edit] DAMMIT YURCH! ya instaposting foo!

Last edited:

[L]-Lestat

LOL? I nearly ROFLed!(IF)
Apr 4, 2001
He's behind you!
I don't care who's idea this was, it's a great idea!

Oh, and by the way Rostam....
i dunno if this falls under the brain, i hope the team does :)

You want the team to fall under a brain? What kind of messed up world are you living in? :p

Trevor_Clim

Is this virtuous?
Aug 6, 2001
Yew
selectable crouch hight or this "brain"
is a F*CK HELL OF WORK and i think there are more important things to be coded...

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Short of abandoning the Unreal engine and switching to the VSIM engine, I doubt it would work very well in INF...

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
Lean angle is currently variable...

Combined with variable height it would be much easier to shoot through loopholes etc.

Trevor_Clim

Is this virtuous?
Aug 6, 2001
Yew
McMuffin is right! that wont be much work implementing an vertical angle that allows you to select the crouch hight...

Processed?