PDA

View Full Version : curved pipes???

Psychosavant
13th Nov 2001, 10:30 PM
How do you construct curved pipes? Like in the hall of giants? I've tried a lot of different methods myself, but they all come out... imperfect.:(

StoneViper
14th Nov 2001, 12:22 AM
This can only be done using the 2D editor. for starters, try shifting the box in the 2d editor to the side of the middle point leaving like 128 units between the box and middle. Now hit the button atop that window (sorry ' forgot the name of the button, am away from my ued. It's not the extrude buttons or the sheet button, but the other one) close the window and see the result. Now try doing the same leaving 256 units (instead of 128) of space between the box and the middle point and see the result. This should get you started. Then try resizing the brush in the 2d window and try it again. You can choose to make a complete doughnut, or just a piece of it.

rmcollins3
14th Nov 2001, 09:57 AM
yes, use the 2d editor, make a circle, move the origin to the right or left, then hit the revolve button, use values of about 12 and 3.

Laff
15th Nov 2001, 01:06 PM
actually i don't use the 2d editor at all when i do curved pipes, you just gotta understand angles and vertex rotation...if you want further help, aim me: insanelaff