Stupid questions from a newbie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spork

Dec 13, 1999
OK i have a few stupid questions...i have been wondering this for quite some time...they may sound stupid but what can i say im a newbie =P

1. I have seen the bots do flips when jumping many times. Is there a command to do this? Or is it just automatic like quake 3?

2. Is there a way to play in 3rd person?(So i can see how the skins look while playing and stuff)

3. Where is a good place to d/l skins and mods?

4. There are some voice commands that i hear my opponents say but i cannot find how to say them for myself...such as "Sorry did i make your head explode" and other things like that

Well thats it....i hope you can answer my stupid questions =]

later

------------------
It takes 26 muscles to smile but only 4 to pull the trigger on a sniper rifle

Spork

Dec 13, 1999
Woops i forgot one more question

The dodge command....what does it do? Does it make you auto streif or duck or somthing?

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
1. It's automatic (and looks kinda kewl /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

2. Yep, but I'm not sure of the command. I think it's behindview 1 to switch to 3rd person and behindview 0 to switch back to 1st person.

3. I'll throw this one to someone else /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

4. The voices are model dependant. If you select a particular model (and/or voice), the taunts will differ.

5. Dodging makes you kinda "shift", for example to avoid enemy fire.

BTW, those aren't stupid questions. The only stupid quesitons are the ones people don't ask /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

3AM. A stick, skates and a puck. Joy.

[This message has been edited by Zaccix (edited 12-13-1999).]

drumber

Nov 10, 1999
North Hollywood, Ca., USA
For third person view, while playing hit tab and type in "behindview 1" (without the quotes) then hit enter. to change back type "behindview 0".

With dodging enabled when you tap the sidestep keys twice you make a quick jump in those directions.

For flipping tap the forward key twice and you do a front flip.

For downloads, maps, mods and patches etc. go to: http://www.planetunreal.com/nalicity

For voice taunts and commands hold down the V key and you'll get a voice menu to select from. If you enable auto taunts you talk automatically.

And I second Zaccix in there are no stupid questions, enjoy. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif