Is everyone in here 12?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wedge

Nov 28, 1999
Bow, NH, USA
Visit site
Am I the only thirty-something guy (or girl) in here? This game really rocks but I feel like I'm playing with kids. Everyone has a player name that either has a sexual conotation or death reference. Jesus people, let's get a little original. I'm tired of shooting up all you death-penis's and dim-reapers (pun intended).

If you want to play a serious game with a mature player, look me up.

SLBK

Dec 10, 1999
Mt Annan, NSW, Australia
Visit site
Lighten up man. It adds to the humour of a frag. Would there be any laughs if all the names were Bill, George, Harold etc. If the names annoy you then don't play.

bullet2.gif

They got the guns but, we got the numbers, come on babe were taking over.
Jim Morrison

expiration date

Dec 11, 1999
www.geocities.com
now that's not very nice... hmmm... well... I'm pretty curious with this whole multiplayer thingy and am pretty much a novice... would you care to fight a "newbie" (as they call it) or are you just like everyone else who thinks we newbies suck? well back to your comment... why the hell should you care what names they have on this forum or in the game? it's pretty arrogant to think such... but other than that... let's have a fight... if you can handle the idea of playing with a novice...

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Actually there's even a few 40 something's hanging around here!

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

Cicero

His name may be from Star Wars, but at least it's a reference to something... I have to agree, I think I've seen enough names with "Death" and "Killa" in them to last a lifetime. Not that there's anything wrong with death and killing (at least in this game) but come on, are you REALLY a "DeAtH GoD" or "-=[}3L33T 5L@UGHT3R3R {]=-" ?

What's even more amusing is in my experience, it's the guys with simple, unobtrusive (or even slightly weird) names that you gotta watch out for..

Simpleton

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
I don't care much what people call themselves, as long as it's easy to type or abbreviate. There's nothing worse than intentional missspelingz and funky CapiTOLizATION. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif (nothing personal LiquiD_SiN) If you try to type their name correctly in a game, you end up getting fragged. If you don't, they get pissed. Catch 22!!

Anyway - age, sex, name, religion or experience doesn't matter; I'm an equal opportunity fragger!!! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Simpleton (edited 12-12-1999).]

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
As my pal UY would say, "You can call me whatever the hell ya want, just dont call me late for dinner."

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

FenderTX

Dec 6, 1999
Texas
Visit site
wha your name 'wedge' is not a sexual reference? Its all around you man! you can't hide from it!. See that little red smily face icon. He's ready to suck you off. And the yellow one with the big smily face seems to be pretty happy about something...and I don't think its unreal tournament

AzusaSOB

Dec 7, 1999
www.sobservers.com
My cohort and I run the SOB servers(unreal,UT,WOT,Half-Life,Shogo,but no quake =p) My name is Azusa (duh) which is just a name its japanese and I like it, His is DaddyBone, which granted can be taken the wrong way, I forget how he came to use it but its nothing bad. He's 27 or so and i'm 20. Running all the servers we do 3 UT even more unreal, we see all the dumb names and attitudes that come along with it, I my self have seen Death-penis and dont like him to much, we try to keep our servers clear of these people to have a nice playing enviroment. Dumb people can be expected in any public forum, like the mall, the grocery store Q3 whiners in this forum, and online gaming, so it kinda goes along with the teratory, ignore them and they will go away.

btw i really am 20 i just cant spell worth a damn

bullet2.gif

People are the root of all problems, no people, no problems

[This message has been edited by AzusaSOB (edited 12-13-1999).]

Vroomfondel

Dec 11, 1999
Wedge, i agree (mostly). Round here (Germany) there's a player called "Sitting Duck" - who quite often ownz the server. First time he fragged me, he fragged me again immediatly cause I was ROTFL...

However what I find a lot more annoying than prepuberty names is the fact that a significant number of teens (not all!) seem to take online FPS so serious they think they are entitled to whatever arrogant behaviour that comes to their mind. Everybody likes winning, but I quite often meet people thinking they are the coolest guy ever in real life just because they are (admittedly) good FPS players. I mean the guys insulting newbies and starting a not-FPS-topic discussion with the words "on a LAN, I ALWAYS win" and ending lost arguments with something like "I don't care - you still suck at (insert FPS here)". BTW, these are also the people who often seem to have dropped out of english class at the age of 8 - even native speakers. This seems to vanish with people over 18-20...
And no, I'm not a frustrated newbie. I've been into Multiplayer-FPS for some years and consider myself a fairly decent player who is quite able to win a game. But I consider it a GAME (you know, FUN)!
Oh, and I'm in my late 20's.

bullet2.gif

"We don't demand solid facts! What we demand is a total absence of solid facts!"

vroomfondel@dokom.net

Bugman

Dec 8, 1999
Visit site
Hey you two,
"Deutschland auf dem Weg nach vorn', in der Internet-Welt"

yeaahh, that was german, folks. Don't complain about it, we are in here and just want to have a word on our own, hehehe. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

As you can see, Bugman, is also a non-sexual-associated name and it really *****, if people can't behave on the net.
(had done those stars by myself /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif )

But really, it's not that stupid if they have those names like SluT-sUckeR or so, dammit, it's not of your concern, let 'em be. I also think it's more annoying if people have those extremely complicated names you will never be able to type in a match quick enough!!!!

Aheeemmm: "Vroomfondel, Shagnasty, wo kommt ihr denn eigentlich weg, also ich wohn' in der Nähe von Dortmund und ihr seid bisher die einzigen Deutschen, die mir in dem Forum hier untergekommen sind."

-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-
An englishman can't complain,
about things he didn't understand. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif