PDA

View Full Version : Important! - Nc 3.0 User Feedback Poll - Please Vote!!

luquado
12th Nov 2001, 01:11 AM
In the course of developing NC3, we come to you guys for input. We're debating some things concerning the OLD user feedback vs. the new system. The new system will break the old user feedback table. Now, we are creating a new table for user feedback in our database, but the question is do we KEEP the old feedback (from NC2) and post it alongside the new, or just scrap it and start clean?

Vote here, we'll close the poll in about a week or less! Tell other NC visitors you see online to come vote as well.

Deathwing
12th Nov 2001, 01:17 AM
If you will add them to the system, so it's as if they were posted with it, then keep them. If they are just going to be something stuffed down at the bottom, seperate from the new system, they're not worth it, because everybody would just vote again anyway.

Which way is it gonna be? :)

luquado
12th Nov 2001, 02:50 AM
Not added. The structure is totally different and everyone will be able to vote again.

Rukee
12th Nov 2001, 10:44 AM
Do whatever is easest for you.

jreister
12th Nov 2001, 12:25 PM
Keep the old feedback files!

jreister
12th Nov 2001, 12:28 PM
No seriously, why delete them. Nobody wants to check up all the old reviews and post new comments. Its wasted energy. The old comments are quite interesting. But dont mix user comments and reviews. Its quite interesting to see how they match together, also for the reviewer!

UnrealGrrl
12th Nov 2001, 01:39 PM
well if they can be added in most of the comments are good so theyd be helpful to newbies (who are the ppl lookin at them anyway)

Nebel
12th Nov 2001, 09:54 PM
Get rid of them. Who cares?

Hourences
13th Nov 2001, 03:50 AM
dont delete them, i love to read those and its intersting to read, and like said, no one will make new comments on old maps

[IMD1]KillRoy
13th Nov 2001, 12:27 PM
Just keep them. As long as there is a date as when the reviews ar posted. Some of the maps that come out these days are far better then the maps released in the beginning of UT. Any map given a 9 point rating in the early days would get a 7 or 8 point rating nowadays, simply because our standards are higher...:)

BangOut
13th Nov 2001, 12:52 PM
I disagree... many maps that scored 9's in the early days of UT are more like 2-7 now.

[DecoY]
13th Nov 2001, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by BangOut
I disagree... many maps that scored 9's in the early days of UT are more like 2-7 now.

That's just why you should keep them!!!
It just goes to show, if you make good maps, sooner or later they'll suck...
If you make kick-ass maps, they always stay in our minds...

By the way, I dl AS-SiegeSE the other day, what a load of BSP cuts that's got!!!!

Platinum[STS]
13th Nov 2001, 08:13 PM
scrap delete scrap delete!

Zimbo
13th Nov 2001, 08:51 PM
Disagree guys. Don't want to start a "bunfight" on this but there were some good maps created in the earlier days, worth retaining the user feedbacks accordingly, even if indirectly linked to. Couple of "oldies but goldies" examples that spring to mind immediately upon reading the earlier posts are DM-Seraphim and DM-Essence. As good as if not better than anything I have seen yet. By the same token, there are a lot of great maps being made today. If you can, keep the reviews.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong

Platinum[STS]
13th Nov 2001, 08:55 PM
its just the 'user' reviews not the actual review tho

smeerkat
14th Nov 2001, 12:04 AM
You're dreaming if you think all those old users are going to re-post their comments on every map.

Originally posted by Hourences
dont delete them, i love to read those and its intersting to read, and like said, no one will make new comments on old maps

n2~WrrR
14th Nov 2001, 05:17 AM
Let ppl start a-new

Claw
14th Nov 2001, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by n2~WrrR
Let ppl start a-new

What for? A community is a living thing; besides, Hour and smeerkat are right. Well, not exactly. If you delete the old comments, I'll have to go around making new ones :rolleyes:

Bonedog
14th Nov 2001, 08:31 PM
Start over...much of the replies are nothing but SPAM comments anyway. Definately keep the reviews and the average user feedback scores. As long as U have the reviews/scores for those older maps, what purpose will the old replies serve for anybody other than the maps author?(who should've read them already...)

TaoPaiPai
14th Nov 2001, 09:05 PM
Delete all the comments from mr 'SpamALot the L33t' (also known under various nicks 'nobody' ,'anybody' 'someoneelse' ,really noone).Keep all other comments because it's essential to have more than one point of view and people won't go and test older maps that sometimes disappeared from their HDs.

Hourences
15th Nov 2001, 07:49 AM
nice first post :D

luquado
15th Nov 2001, 08:12 AM
Two things, though, Buddha.

I'm not a Nali City reviewer. I'm a Nali City admin.

And two, we had a period of time where we had reviewers that way overrated maps. The site became the laughingstock of the advanced mapping community. The site has now turned around for the better, due in part to correcting past errors and editing the reviews.

So nyah! :p:

smeerkat
15th Nov 2001, 11:27 AM
I'd rather have an under-rated map than an over-rated map *cough* DM-S#$$%#@R *cough*
Qualthwar has always been tough on my maps, but the reviews were accurate.

Originally posted by luquado
we had a period of time where we had reviewers that way overrated maps. The site became the laughingstock of the advanced mapping community. The site has now turned around for the better, due in part to correcting past errors and editing the reviews.

BangOut
15th Nov 2001, 11:40 AM
that is tuo much too reed and i am elliterate

QAPete
15th Nov 2001, 02:21 PM
I say, whatever you do, scrap QAPete's reviews. He was too generous from Day 1.

QAPete
-BeyondUnreal

fragswill
15th Nov 2001, 04:33 PM
Anyone talking about himself in 3rd person deserves to get his reviews deleted.

JTRipper
15th Nov 2001, 06:16 PM
Damn Qualthwar's cyber-hypnosis ray! Damn it, I say!

BangOut
15th Nov 2001, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by TheRedBuddha
I'm actually Red Buddha. OH SO CLEVER!

I came back and read this thread. It is horrible. (I'm putting admin diplomacy on hold for the moment.)

<FLAME ON>

Helleth is not a good map nor was that a good review and we shall not speak of the Map Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken again.

NC has never underrated a map. trust me.

Angelheart is not above us reviewers because his maps run like poo poo and are not that beautiful.

There are not, in fact, 300 good DM maps.

Some reviews needed re-writing because earlier reviews tended to be off. Early in the game's life, we were awed by the mapping abilities of others. Now we know better.

Don't call our ratings foolish... you seem to have read them.

Write shorter posts. They are more likely to be read in full.
</FLAME OFF>

Now I will adress you as a diplomatic admin, "Mmm, those are interesting points. We will keep them in mind when we decide about user reviews."

Please e-mail all complaints about my behavior to: luquado@beyondunreal.com

BangOut
15th Nov 2001, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by CurtNoder
Since the age of three, people have looked at me and been unaware of my sexual orientation. My lack of noticeable gentialia has allowed me to engage in sexual activity with both genders. I asked for some balls this Chritmas so I could post under my own name and some politeness so I wasn't such an ass, but maybe I'll settle for Santa Claus tossing my salad.

luquado
15th Nov 2001, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by CurtNoder
bunch o' hypocrite cowards.

It must be hard having the moral highground and judging us peons.

Did it ever occur to you, maybe, in the back of your massive brain, that I stopped editing reviews because, perhaps, maybe, there's a chance that NC3's development got into full swing? :rolleyes:

Troll. Eat **** and die.

Edit: Because you're an idiot troll: You can't post reviews on NC1 reviews since they're HTML and thus not imported into the database yet, there, Einstein.

sp6711
15th Nov 2001, 10:34 PM
DESTROY

luquado
15th Nov 2001, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by sp6711
DESTROY

ROFLMFAO

JTRipper
15th Nov 2001, 10:53 PM
Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

BangOut
15th Nov 2001, 11:41 PM
A lot of 1 posters in this thread... I feel an irrational, unfair, and totally unprofessional massban coming on...

BangOut
16th Nov 2001, 12:48 AM
TheRedBuddha, you and every one of your other names are about to be banned and I may do other unethical things with your e-mail address.

Angry Dictator Bang-bang

http://www.unrealforever.com/ban_danger.jpg

luquado
16th Nov 2001, 01:12 AM
Hey! All these comments are from Mr. Buddha! You forget we can view email accounts and IPs, dip****!

luquado
16th Nov 2001, 01:37 AM
I closed the goddammed poll. Fck you, Red Buddha. Go stick a cucumber in your ass instead of ****ing with our forum like that.

I know, it's difficult being having a felching fetish, but don't take it out on us.

In short, all your accounts you've created so far...

http://www.gravitycomputing.com/ban_race.jpg