Anybody notice wierdness with ver. 402?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Played on a few servers today, had some wierd things happening.

One server all the skins were messed-up. they were all green with texture patches here and there. Also noticed on the same server that the shield-belt effect would blink on and off ramdomly.

I think this server has his skin ".ini" file messed up, but I don't know about the shield-belt.

On two different servers I was unable to pick-up dropped weapons (like after you frag somebody), but I was able to pick-up the placed weapons.

Also had wicked lag on all the servers.

Note: I'm running 402 and all the servers were running 400. Maybe the "weirdness" will disappear after the servers upgrade too 402.
I hope it's not a bunch of 402 induced bugs.

[

[This message has been edited by Lizard Of Oz (edited 12-09-1999).]

Grendels_Mother

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
Liz, I upgraded to 402 this morning as well. Everything seemed OK for me - in fact it was probably the smoothest couple of games I've played. I didn't notice anything amiss, but I will be looking tonight.

BTW, I've had problem with lockups (even when off-line and playing with bots) where the system freezes as it accesses the hd. This happens even during the opening cinematic. I have a PII 300, 176MB RAM, Graphics Blaster (TNT I w/16MB RAM), detail levels to med, sound to low. Is there anything I can tweak (game or system) to alleviate this problem. It seems the be most prevalent when grabbing a weapon for the first time, etc; it is annoying in single player, but deadly when online. I've been considering upgrading my CPU to a 450, but if the hd is the problem I won't bother.

Any thoughts/opinions - I'm desperate!

bullet2.gif

I was going to go to work today, but the voices in my head told me to stay home and clean the guns...

Spaceman

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
The reason is your playing on 400 servers of course you are going to have problems - just wait till tonight for some 402 servers and you should not have those problems. I know you really wanted to try out the patch but at least join 402 servers.

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Only thing I noticed was that after fragging someone I could not pick up his weapon, and also I don't know if my ng password got reset, but I cannot access it?? Ohh And alot of people running into the wall uncontrolable ???

Easy_Target_Sux

Dec 12, 1999
Visit site
I noticed the green skins too, but they were on just a few people in CTF. It made it very difficult to distinguish who was who. Anybody have any suggestions? Its not just my machine because everyone was commenting about them on the server.

Formally Jeffrey_Dalmer, because Easy didn't like my name.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Grendels_Mother,

Sorry can't be too much help.

You might try disabling "pre-chaching"

I think it's in the "advanced options" (type "preferences" @ consol)

If not there it's in one of the ".ini" files.
(UnrealTournament.ini I think)

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."