PDA

View Full Version : Two-pronged query ...

oosyxxx
9th Nov 2001, 01:39 PM
Yes, I'm a pompous ass for using "query," but it got your attention tho, eh?
1) Where do I get the best SNES emulator? Email me at oosyxxx@yahoo.com if you don't want to post a link here.
2) What is "strafe-jumping" in Quake III? I've heard of this, yet I've never seen it explained, don't know if I've seen it done, yet QIII players insist it makes QIII better than UT. Oh, and how do you do it?

Evil_Cope
9th Nov 2001, 01:47 PM
hmm. well, i use snes9x, mostly for my old favourite rpg, secret of mana, seeing as though my cartridge for the snes is fuxxored...
but there arent much in the way of sites for roms that havent been shut down already...

@kuma
9th Nov 2001, 02:05 PM
www.zsnes.com

circle strafe and jump and if you do it right you pick up like 50% extra speed. All The Kids are doing it nowadays

oosyxxx
9th Nov 2001, 02:13 PM
Thank you, @kuma ;) I don't have QIII installed but it has been bugging me lately so I thought I'd ask here rather than register at some QIII forum. Looks like zsnes is down :( Any brave soul care to upload a zipped emulator? How big is it, btw?

Evil_Cope
9th Nov 2001, 02:16 PM
id upload mine, but as i said, gettin roms is a real pain. you'd be better off with kuma's. probably.

in case you never played it, i reckomend secret of mana. its a great rpg, if somewhat cartony in places. or are you after other types of game?

Rabid Wolf
9th Nov 2001, 02:19 PM
I use(d) zsneswv1.14r0.80 the zip of which comes in at 416KB. can't recall where I got it from or I'd give you the link to there:(
but I'm on cable, so sending you the zip as an attachement wouldn't take long, if you want.

oosyxxx
9th Nov 2001, 10:58 PM
I only want to play this game.
http://www.somethingawful.com/rompit/choaniki/
oosyxxx@yahoo.com Thanks, Rabid Wolf!

lucifix
10th Nov 2001, 02:08 AM
Rukee would LOVE that game :lol:

006, would it be safe to say that my first impression of you was right?

Rabid Wolf
10th Nov 2001, 02:12 AM
umm, like... why don't you just download the emu through that link you posted yourself?

lucifix
10th Nov 2001, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Wolf
umm, like... why don't you just download the emu through that link you posted yourself? i was thinking the same thing.......

Frostblood
10th Nov 2001, 04:07 AM
Strafe Jumping : if you jump while strafing in q3a, you will go slightly faster and further than a normal jump. This is actually a bug which ID 'decided' to leave in although i suspect they are just too incompetent to fix it ;)

Rabid Wolf
10th Nov 2001, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by oosyxxx
I only want to play this game.
http://www.somethingawful.com/rompit/choaniki/
gosh!!! that is one bad game... :eek2:

for a "straight" version try Strip Fighter 2 on the PC-Engine.
Here (http://members.fortunecity.com/wolftrubshaw/pceproject/index.html) you'll find a review with some pix (all pix there have alt texts).

Rabid Wolf
10th Nov 2001, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by @kuma
www.zsnes.com
oh! I didn't see that :p

oosyxxx
10th Nov 2001, 07:28 AM
Rabid Wolf, neither of the links work.

Rabid Wolf
10th Nov 2001, 07:48 AM
Rabid Wolf, neither of the links work.
yes they do. I tested the emu one and it worked, and I actually d/l-ed the rom through it.
but I'll send you both through the mail.

@kuma
10th Nov 2001, 07:52 AM
hahaha I remember that game :)

yes it is incredibly gay - but in a GOOD WAY

Rukee
10th Nov 2001, 07:59 AM
WTF is this??? Taken from that link.....
You guys into gay games or what??? looks like to me!! :p
http://www.somethingawful.com/rompit/choaniki/worstgameever.gif

Deathwing
10th Nov 2001, 03:41 PM
Whoa, that's ****ed up!

oosyxxx
10th Nov 2001, 03:43 PM
Can't a guy download a "gay game" in hopes of a laugh without being gay at the same time? /me awaits flurry of unfunny attempts at being epigrammatic

lucifix
10th Nov 2001, 04:17 PM
Can't a guy download a "gay game" in hopes of a laugh without being gay at the same time? /me awaits flurry of unfunny attempts at being epigrammatic
yea i guess. i always wanted to try one of these adult games just to see how ****ed up they are, but i decided it wasnt worth the time :lol: