PDA

View Full Version : The BEST Video Game console of all time?

lucifix
8th Nov 2001, 08:04 PM
I would have to say SNES...........

DigitalW
8th Nov 2001, 11:29 PM
N64, I like the playstation, and PS2, but I hate to wait for games to load when I'm playing console games.....

Guess I'll hafta get used to it when i get the new nintendo....

Besides, after playing computer games for so long, it doesnt bother me as much as it used to.

DigitalW
8th Nov 2001, 11:32 PM
Oh yea, I also have tons of old snes games....
I also have lots of nes games too

Dont think ill ever part with them.

Building quite a collection of n64 games, but will probably stop as soon as i get the new nintendo.:D

Frostblood
9th Nov 2001, 01:14 AM
the playstation was the best for its time. But nothing beats the PC anyways.

Deathwing
9th Nov 2001, 01:22 AM
All the Nintendo consoles up till now.

@kuma
9th Nov 2001, 01:32 AM
snes, no contest

Neo Geo's probably 2nd

then the PSX

Nothing else worth mentioning :p

Ulukai
9th Nov 2001, 07:15 AM
In it's day, the Vectrex ownz0rd meh.

Ok, hands up who knows what a Vectrex is :)

BangOut
9th Nov 2001, 11:55 AM
I derarly loved my Genesis, but the graphics rarely matched up with its SNES rival and thus, few people ever made games that could rival SNES's impressive library.

Mister_Prophet
9th Nov 2001, 03:14 PM
P S 2

lucifix
9th Nov 2001, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Frostblood
the playstation was the best for its time. But nothing beats the PC anyways.
Personaly i dont like PC gaming. All of the genres, except fps, are done better on consoles.

Balton
9th Nov 2001, 05:23 PM
n64 becasue of goldeneye whic hwas my first hardcore multiplayer events. and later for perfect dark. singpel player was mcu hfun and MP was da BomB!
there were also some other cool games out like banjo-kazooie and ZELDA!

Shin
9th Nov 2001, 05:37 PM
Playstation. Cus Nintendo is IMO so childish with Mario , BAnyoo, Ducktales...

Playstation released awesome games like
Metal Gear, Final Fantasy series, the famous Resident Evil series.

So PSX for me all the way, feck i need part 2 ;)

Anyways I only like the pc for fps, i hate playing games like Final FAntasy on a pc.

Just enter disc , turn on your psx and play :D

lucifix
9th Nov 2001, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Shin

Anyways I only like the pc for fps, i hate playing games like Final FAntasy on a pc.

I am so sick and fuking tired of people saying Nintendo is childish. They are many MANY mature games on N64, Turok series, Perfect Dark, Zelda and many more. The people that say this **** obviously hasnt played the Nintendo games of late. And if you need further proof look at the current Gamecube lineup Metroid, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness and many more............

lucifix
9th Nov 2001, 08:10 PM
Do you call this childish???

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/residentevil/zomblove6.jpg

Mister_Prophet
9th Nov 2001, 08:58 PM
GameCube is a completely different story than 64. I own 64, and yes, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, those games were cool. But 4 or less good games isnt worth a system meant for younger audiences, thats why i got a ps2.

So far, GameCube looks like it will be cool.

lucifix
10th Nov 2001, 12:34 AM
I agree that the n64 wasnt much, especially compared to the NES & SNES, but you have to remember that the big N got themselves into a hole and were trying to dig the **** out. thats why they released so many kiddie games, that was their main audience on the n64. they couldnt afford to take a chance on releasing mature games, except for a few good ones that they knew would make money .they may have lost the last battle but the war is far from finished. many have fallen before the great Nintendo and it appears that Sony may be their next victim..........

GoAt
10th Nov 2001, 12:40 AM
i say the NES was the best. metal gear, Final Fantasy, Ultima, all spawned from the NES.
i love the NES cause it has the toughest games i have ever played. i love to play the most difficult games cause i get to think. not to many games nowa days that are impossible to beat.

lucifix
10th Nov 2001, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Mister_Prophet
GameCube is a completely different story than 64. I own 64, and yes, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, those games were cool. But 4 or less good games isnt worth a system meant for younger audiences, thats why i got a ps2.

So far, GameCube looks like it will be cool.
well he said nintendo not n64. so i was also refering to nintendo every game every system and as far as GOOD N64 games, well Mario64 WAS good, childish yes, but good..........just because a game is "mature" doesnt mean its good.

Evil_Cope
10th Nov 2001, 06:08 AM

mario is but one franchise.. bajo kazoo? i cite crash "the ****er" bandicoot. ducktales? what?
besides, metal gear...final fantasy...resident eveil, all outside development arent they? do you see?

Evil_Cope
10th Nov 2001, 06:10 AM
plus nintendo now have silicon knights as a ,er, 2nd party developer, silicon knights who made blood omen, they goriest rpg ive ever seen, the rpg with the best voice acting ive seen, that has spawned one kick ass series (no fullyin the hands of crystal dynamics)

Rabid Wolf
10th Nov 2001, 06:14 AM
In its first 12, 18 months the PSX owned everything.

Shin
10th Nov 2001, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by lucifix
Do you call this childish???

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/residentevil/zomblove6.jpg

Nope I call that hot ;) Im looking forward to the new RE series on the gamecube :).

To lucifix:
Sorry but I totally forgot about the gamecube!! (Nintendo finally strikes back with that console, I hope).

And like i said i was talking bout MY opinion!!! ;)

Dont be so mad, i just dont like the NINTENDO look. Now the gamecube thats a whole different story!!

So relax, take a deep breath, and give me a big hug :p

to mistercope:
Im sorry but i didnt understand your post :(

Evil_Cope
10th Nov 2001, 06:55 AM

Nope I call that hot ;) Im looking forward to the new RE series on the gamecube :).

To lucifix:
Sorry but I totally forgot about the gamecube!! (Nintendo finally strikes back with that console, I hope).

And like i said i was talking bout MY opinion!!! ;)

Dont be so mad, i just dont like the NINTENDO look. Now the gamecube thats a whole different story!!

So relax, take a deep breath, and give me a big hug :p

to mistercope:
Im sorry but i didnt understand your post :(

lol

i was just saying that there are loads of psx games with#"the nintendo feel", only crapper.
like crash bandicoot,
like spyro
like medievil
like croc
etc
and the "good games" you listed were all developed by other companies, not sony, unlike the nintendo games.

that make any more sense?

Frostblood
10th Nov 2001, 07:13 AM
and the "good games" you listed were all developed by other companies, not sony, unlike the nintendo games.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the actual console. And it shows that its so good that it attracts better outside developers.

Rabid Wolf
10th Nov 2001, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Frostblood

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the actual console. And it shows that its so good that it attracts better outside developers.

it's not just about "attracting" outside developers.
it's also about wheather or not the console company is willing to give license.
eventually sega always draw the shorter straw because of their pointlessly restricted licensing. generation after generation.

@kuma
10th Nov 2001, 09:14 AM
Sega US helped hold the DC down while EA raped it

their refusal to develop for the platform because the PS 2 would be "more better" didn't help the console's chances in the US much

Sega actually did everything they could to help DC dev's - way above and beyond anything Sony did for the PS 2 :)

Shin
10th Nov 2001, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by mister_cope

lol

i was just saying that there are loads of psx games with#"the nintendo feel", only crapper.
like crash bandicoot,
like spyro
like medievil
like croc
etc

that make any more sense?

lol now I understand what you meant ;)

T12Archer
10th Nov 2001, 09:55 AM
The Game boy has got to be the best one out there.

DigitalW
10th Nov 2001, 11:20 AM
I have south park on the n64, its kinda dumb, but I wouldnt let my kids play it....
also have
Rush
Rush II
Turok
Turok II
both Zelda games
and many more.......

Balton
10th Nov 2001, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by DigitalW
I have south park on the n64, its kinda dumb, but I wouldnt let my kids play it....
also have
Rush
Rush II
Turok
Turok II
both Zelda games
and many more.......

now ger perfectdark and goldeneye

Scorpio911
10th Nov 2001, 11:48 AM
SNES is the best console bar none. It had all your classics return as these monster creations of 16bit gold, and had all kinds of third party support, and people still new what making games was all about.

SNES featured some of the greatest of all time

Mario World
Super Metroid
Contra 3
Castlevania 4
F Zero
Mario Kart
Pilotwings
Sim City
FF 2 and 3
Secret of Mana
Zelda
Street Fighter 2: Turbo (best SF evar!)
Killer Instinct
Mega Man X
Donkey Kong Country (although franchise went too far)
etc. etc. etc.

There are just too many good games on SNES, when in comparison the N64 had a handful of decent games, and even some of the games that sold really well weren't all that great.

I will say that the next best system is classic NES, followed by Dreamcast, the fun machine :)

Consoles have never been able to recreate the feeling I got from playing my SNES though, and the consoles that I see coming out right now have no chance of bringin that experience to me.

Viva la Contra!

DigitalW
10th Nov 2001, 01:31 PM
I have goldeneye(perfect for 4 player)
I havent tried perfect dark yet, but i will.

lucifix
10th Nov 2001, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Scorpio911
SNES is the best console bar none. It had all your classics return as these monster creations of 16bit gold, and had all kinds of third party support, and people still new what making games was all about.

SNES featured some of the greatest of all time

Mario World
Super Metroid
Contra 3
Castlevania 4
F Zero
Mario Kart
Pilotwings
Sim City
FF 2 and 3
Secret of Mana
Zelda
Street Fighter 2: Turbo (best SF evar!)
Killer Instinct
Mega Man X
Donkey Kong Country (although franchise went too far)
etc. etc. etc.

There are just too many good games on SNES, when in comparison the N64 had a handful of decent games, and even some of the games that sold really well weren't all that great.

I will say that the next best system is classic NES, followed by Dreamcast, the fun machine :)

Consoles have never been able to recreate the feeling I got from playing my SNES though, and the consoles that I see coming out right now have no chance of bringin that experience to me.

Viva la Contra!
I would LOVE to see Contra brought back to life...maybe as an fps???

AeroBLASTER
10th Nov 2001, 02:50 PM
SNES. I haven't had fun with a console since...

Super Mario RPG. That game STILL rocks, and then graphics are great for so primitive (but classic) a system.

Scorpio911
10th Nov 2001, 04:26 PM
Find a game that's more fun than Metal Warriors for SNES.

Split screen mayhem at it's best.

One of the only games where I sat and played someone 200+ rounds in until we both got exhausted and nearly passed out.
F'ing awesome...

I will say that Winback owns me on N64 though. That is a real time killer when you're with your buds.

Claw
10th Nov 2001, 04:33 PM
I did like Shinobi though, and Streets of Rage, both of which I played on a friend's err... MegaDrive? Yeah, that was the name. :D

I never had a console of my own. I had a computer, yaknow. No need of a console. Oh, well. No money. And my parents highly disapproved of consoles 'cos they were just "stupid playing machines"

@kuma
10th Nov 2001, 05:36 PM
there was a terrible 3d port of the contra for the psx

and I mean ****ing TERRIBLE

a max payne style 3rd person view might work with enough autoaim :)

lucifix
10th Nov 2001, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by @kuma
there was a terrible 3d port of the contra for the psx

and I mean ****ing TERRIBLE

a max payne style 3rd person view might work with enough autoaim :)
yea one of my friends have it and its ****ing horrible..........

How good were you all at the origional Contra? my dad could beat it 3 times straight in a row without losing one life, ONE ****ING LIFE!!!!!!

@kuma
10th Nov 2001, 05:42 PM
never liked it much I'm afraid to admit :(

Supa Contra - now that was the The ****

lucifix
10th Nov 2001, 05:46 PM
super contra for snes? yea i liked that one the best too. i would also like to see a 3d remake of ninja gaiden. i can remember awhile back that tecmo(i think they made it) had a poll on their site asking if they did make a new one which system would you like to see it on, gamecube was first gameboy advance was second and ps2 was third,etc........

AeroBLASTER
10th Nov 2001, 05:47 PM
I started gaming at the age of 4, and one of my favorite games was Contra for the NES. My dad and I played two player mode. THAT was fun. The SNES version of Contra pretty much sucked. It was too difficult and lacked something, I can't put my finger on it, that the original had. In fact none of the sequels have lived up to the original Contra.

lucifix
10th Nov 2001, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by AeroBLASTER
I started gaming at the age of 4, and one of my favorite games was Contra for the NES. My dad and I played two player mode. THAT was fun. The SNES version of Contra pretty much sucked. It was too difficult and lacked something, I can't put my finger on it, that the original had. In fact none of the sequels have lived up to the original Contra. i dont remember waht age i started but i can remember playing the atari 2600 around when it first came out. and i havent stoped gaming since, actually my parents nad my house have never been without a console.......

Balton
10th Nov 2001, 06:19 PM
never liked it much I'm afraid to admit :(

Supa Contra - now that was the The ****

that was "super probotector: alien rebel"?

Scorpio911
10th Nov 2001, 07:53 PM
Oh what's the matter, poor Contra 3 too hardcore for you?! Ha!
Contra 3 is THE Contra. Don't get me wrong, the first one is the one that started it all, blah blah, but 3 just destroys all. Come on, you got an alien robot that rips through a frickin' wall, top down craziness, and not to mention you hang from a helicopter and ride missles! Come on, what's better than that? Nuthin'.

@kuma
10th Nov 2001, 07:58 PM
Metal Slug?

Balton
10th Nov 2001, 08:01 PM
Metal Slug?

akuma got game! i played metal slug on an arcade machine in taly in my fav bar. played it for hours... each game like 25 pence...

than i saw metal slug2 played it for hours....

thant i got metal slug X for my mame32 : )

lucifix
10th Nov 2001, 09:30 PM
Metal Slug? I tried MG one time, I really didnt like it, but to be honest I only played one game so maybe i didnt give it a fair chance.....