PDA

View Full Version : H_HBattles.zip The Return (Erdrik::::DarkMagic

Call me Erdrik
8th Nov 2001, 04:28 PM
OK Im setting this thread up for my SP maps:
H_H-Battles
H_H-GoodBattle
H_H-EvilPit

I have removed the cameras from H_H-Battles as requested, as they impeded on control and thus lowered playability.
H_H-Battles is pretty much finished.

I have started work on H_H-GoodBattle and I am about 30% done with the geometry, pathing, lighting, and Item Placment. I still need to work on ambeint sounds and more eye candy(can never have enough eye candy in a SP :lol: )

Ill have a new link up soon(not to mention some screen shots :D ).

Hellscrag
9th Nov 2001, 11:54 AM
Cool. Should be a fun pack.

I'll keep checking into this forum.

Call me Erdrik
10th Nov 2001, 03:40 AM
pics

Call me Erdrik
10th Nov 2001, 03:48 AM
pic2

Rukee
11th Nov 2001, 02:39 PM
Underwater map??

Hellscrag
12th Nov 2001, 08:58 AM
Wow that's foggy

Still... I'm intrigued :)

Call me Erdrik
12th Nov 2001, 07:41 PM
Welp I have done a LOT of work. so befor I go any farther I am going to open it for betas on the current areas.

H_H-Battle (http://www.planetunreal.com/ucz/files/h_hsp.zip)

Please tell me any suggestions ideas , ect....

oh H_HSP.u has some new actors:

SpiritsManta(with corpse)
SpiritsSkraaj(withCorpse)

and to new ammo types... but there still in dev elopment....

Hellscrag
12th Nov 2001, 08:04 PM
I have d/l'd it and will look at it tomorrow.

Hellscrag
14th Nov 2001, 03:13 PM
I started the GoodBattle, but then I died and I kept being spawnkilled by an invisible Krall, because I still had 12 health (after finding no health in the previous map).

Invisible enemies are BAD and you should never use them. Make them transparent or something.

Call me Erdrik
15th Nov 2001, 03:47 AM
ummmm...... I don't have any invisable enemies in it.....

Did you start from UED,or you got OldSkool?....

Wait I just thought of something....
when you spawn into the GoodBattles map, are you looking directly at a stonewall? If so thats the problem. see your SUPPOSE to be looking the other way (where the first Krall enemy is) that way you can dodge the attack(I am probly going to make him ignore you untill triggered tho.... ) so if this is the case then jump and turn 180deg as soon as you spawn into the map....

If not.... Ill have to investigate.....

Hellscrag
15th Nov 2001, 06:15 PM
Oldskool. For one reason or another, the Krall were invisible. There was a shadow moving along the ground, but no Krall above it.

I'll try running OpenGL. Direct3d has issues with fog.

But making him ignore you until triggered is a good idea, since he fires a pulse round at you when you spawn facing the stone wall and it hits you before you can target the creature (well, when it's invisible).

Call me Erdrik
9th Dec 2001, 05:04 PM
sorry about the delay in updating, I got a new job, and I am trying to code spells in time for DarkMagics next release, but I have gotten to a point in the coding were I can't go anyfarther until i get more info, so I think Ill start working on the maps again.........

Call me Erdrik
27th Dec 2001, 03:22 PM
Whew.. I have been getting lazy latly :p

anyways, I made the Krall Ignore 'till triggered, Im having problems with part of the map and will have to change some geometre around be back soon.... maybe... Coding DarkMagic, Archetectual job, Maping DarkMagic, Maping SP.... sheesh why do I do this to myself?

.... eh Ill just have to crack the whip....

Call me Erdrik
14th Jan 2002, 04:25 PM
WOW! I actually sat down and worked on the SP ! Im at work at the moment so Ill post new shots of it when I get home :p

THings Ive done:
1) I made the first Kralls Ignore untill triggered, so nomore spawn killing ;)
2) I changed the Pulse rifle to the Enforcer in the begining level
3) I changed the 'mystic portal' in 'Assult on all that is good' to a stone tunnel(its very basic and I will be detailing it in the near future.)
4) I put lights in the Hedge maze.
5) Fixed the SpiritsSkaarj from attacking too early.
6) Added a lower room beneath the Spirits chamber.

Im going to converge the Lower Room and the Spirits into the next Boss Arena and then add a partialy broken bridge spanning the greate blue yonder called the sky (don't fall ;) lol)

(incase those of you who have played it are wondering the Evil level will be completely different layout, for instance you won't have to worry about falling ;) lol)

Call me Erdrik
14th Jan 2002, 11:52 PM
THings Ive done( v2 :D ) :
1) Fixed 2 HOMs
2) Added A Modified ChainSaw.
3) Made a Modified ShockRifle, and Modified Ripper.
4) Added 5th BossArena.
5) Took Screenshots ;)

here are some shots :D

Call me Erdrik
15th Jan 2002, 12:06 AM
:)

Call me Erdrik
15th Jan 2002, 12:10 AM
:p

Call me Erdrik
15th Jan 2002, 12:14 AM
:rolleyes:

Call me Erdrik
15th Jan 2002, 12:19 AM
:cool:

Call me Erdrik
15th Jan 2002, 12:23 AM
:D

Call me Erdrik
15th Jan 2002, 12:26 AM
:o

Claw
15th Jan 2002, 04:55 AM
Hmm... that new shokrifle looks kewl... and if I am not mistaken that was rather simple too... I would never have expected that to look so good.

What's the blue guy on the 5th screen?

Call me Erdrik
15th Jan 2002, 09:20 AM
Sheesh... only interested in the rifle and the blue guy? :p blech....

the 'Blue Guy' is a Mercenary Elite from Unreal1.
I kinda thought the RIfle was a little too much(visualy) I was thinking of scaling down the beam particals a bit....

What about the map?! anything you can see from the shot that need to go under scrutiny(sp?)?

Claw
15th Jan 2002, 11:59 AM
2nd shot: 'spartanic' comes to mind; and the edges between the wall sections stand out. Texture misaligned/bad choice maybe?

6th shot: the tops of the columns stand out :hmm:
I happen to like large scale ceiling textures, but if goes well with the columns...

I liked the coronas of the torches in shot3... not overbright flares :tup:

I think you'd rather wait for the amateur pro's critics. I see some intriguing architectural concepts though.

Evil_Cope
17th Jan 2002, 04:38 PM
isnt the "roof" in the second to last madly over-sized?

wont that look bad on low-end comps?

Claw
17th Jan 2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by mister_cope
isnt the "roof" in the second to last madly over-sized?

wont that look bad on low-end comps?

Not all roofs are tiled yaknow. Some roofs simply have some large decorations, making the roof look like one big ...thing. Castles are know to have some such roofs.

Evil_Cope
17th Jan 2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Claw

Not all roofs are tiled yaknow. Some roofs simply have some large decorations, making the roof look like one big ...thing. Castles are know to have some such roofs.

i seem to remember it being a small window texture is all. like the small windows you see in the same pic...

Call me Erdrik
18th Jan 2002, 12:04 AM
ok here is the updated files:
www.planetunreal.com/ucz/files/H_H-Battle.zip

This includes :
H_HSP.utx
H_HSP.u
H_H-Battle.unr
H_H-GoodBattle.unr
and is ~1meg in size

enjoy, report any bugs suggetions, ect :D

Evil_Cope
19th Jan 2002, 07:51 PM
well. the ceiling looked ok in game lol...

but some of the enamies around the maze were too strong. 1 hit kills arent good imo.

also, unreal weapons are better than ut weapons. certainly for sp.

the "earth spirits" were cool. but the warlord guy's skin sucked bad.

the new shock rifle was cool. but the second function....lol. talk about anticlimactic...

Claw
20th Jan 2002, 04:50 AM
Well, the shock rifle looks good, but... strong enough? Nah. I found the enemies no problem. I got 'em all over long distance, and in the mazie I lured them to the entrance so I could ambush them. No sweat.

Only problem is, IF they hit you, they hit you hard. Dunno if that's so good. Plus, the enemies seemed to become weaker rather than stronger as I proceeded in the level. Wrd.

Call me Erdrik
21st Jan 2002, 10:43 AM
well. the ceiling looked ok in game lol...

but some of the enamies around the maze were too strong. 1 hit kills arent good imo.

You mean the ground level enemies or the two snipers?

also, unreal weapons are better than ut weapons. certainly for sp.

:O_o:?

the "earth spirits" were cool. but the warlord guy's skin sucked bad.

the new shock rifle was cool. but the second function....lol. talk about anticlimactic...
Im still working on the secondary... I want it to be rapid fire :p

Call me Erdrik
21st Jan 2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Claw
Well, the shock rifle looks good, but... strong enough? Nah. I found the enemies no problem. I got 'em all over long distance, and in the mazie I lured them to the entrance so I could ambush them. No sweat.

Why would the shock be powerfull? its the begining of the Map... You'll get the strong weapons later ;) besides you really think a weapon of 'Good' will be effective against 'Good'? You'll be geting a real powerfull 'Evil' type weapon later... and if you goto the 'Evil Pit' You'll get the really powerful 'Good' weapons....
maybe I should block the maze entrance after you enter so you can't exit that way :sniper:

Only problem is, IF they hit you, they hit you hard. Dunno if that's so good.

Ill tweek the damage.

Plus, the enemies seemed to become weaker rather than stronger as I proceeded in the level. Wrd.
:con: mmm Ill fix that...

Keep in mind I haven't gotten to the 'Hard' enemies yet.

Claw
21st Jan 2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Call me Erdrik
Why would the shock be powerfull? its the begining of the Map...

Why should I be thrilled at getting a new gun that is weaker than what I already have?
The shock may be stronger then the Enforcer, but it's projectile and firing speed are lower, making it less efficient.
I used the dispersion gun all the time anyway, although I have the feeling its existence is a bug (or isn't it?)
And I prefer the looks of the U weapons btw. Maybe keep that in mind for new guns.

Call me Erdrik
21st Jan 2002, 01:55 PM
?? I thought I removed the Dispersion pistle.... or did I do that after I uploaded.... well its not suppose to be there and won't be later... and I intend to increase the ammo load for the Shock and make the secondary a rapid fire which shoul help make it more usefull than the enforcer..

Evil_Cope
21st Jan 2002, 03:26 PM
the ground level krall with pusle rile second fire and the mercinary with powerfull dispersion blasts are of the one-or-two hit to kill variety but definately the hedge snipers with the ut sniper rifles too...

Call me Erdrik
21st Jan 2002, 03:41 PM
the ground level krall with pusle rile second fire and the mercinary with powerfull dispersion blasts are of the one-or-two hit to kill variety but definately the hedge snipers with the ut sniper rifles too...
The Krall and The Mercenary are Mini Bosses....
Didn't the little messege pop up when you killed them?
I could probly make it bigger tho it be cooler if I could get some voice overs ^_^ hee hee

and whats the point of sniperrifles if there weak ? :con:

Evil_Cope
21st Jan 2002, 04:53 PM
im no expert on sp. im sure hellscrag or someone could tell us better. but generally snipers dont seem to take quite as serious damage. combined with the other heavy hitters...it makes your little alice in wonderland bad-trip level quite tricky for its length.

oh, and the warlord guy at the end... the skin sucks so bad.

(were you heard that before lol?)

Hellscrag
22nd Jan 2002, 06:56 AM
...but generally snipers dont seem to take quite as serious damage. combined with the other heavy hitters......

Very true.

Sorry, I kinda forgot about this thread.

Call me Erdrik
22nd Jan 2002, 10:52 AM
I intend to tone down the dmg for the ground lvl minions.. but I'd like to keep the UT snipers if possible... I mean they can only hit you in the outer paths of the maze anyway....

Evil_Cope
22nd Jan 2002, 05:12 PM
as long as you realise it is possible to get their sniper rifles if you hit them right...

its the only way i could get past that mofo merc lol.

but then im a bit **** still.

Call me Erdrik
23rd Jan 2002, 09:48 AM
yeah I know Ive tested it very frequently :D
They used to be super shock rifles lol :lol:

I don't have any sniper ammo in and have no plans to add any, so if they get it(And beleive me its not as easy as it looks to get it) they won't have the advantage for long....
:)