Holy Sh*t! Nissan destroyed the Skyline!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DENSRAW

Grammaton Cleric
Dec 21, 2000
2001_nissan_skyline_gtr-1.jpg

2001_nissan_skyline_gtr-5.jpg

2001_nissan_skyline_gtr-3.jpg

I don't know what this piece of crap Skyline protoype is, but Nissan is saying that it will use design styles like this for the R35.

I was hoping for a slightly modified R34 body.:(

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
2 thoughts...

1...Damn, we don't get the Skyline in the US :( (new or old would be fine by me)

2...it seems like eveyone is ripping off the Audi TT (that new Lexus is a total TT ripoff too)

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
I think its just the wave of the future. Nissan has always had designs that were a head of their time. I mean look at the Datsun's of the '70s and the '90+ 300zx and Maxima and even the Sentra SE-R spec V (earlier and the new). I like the new Maxima and Altima a lot (sat in both recently :D ) but I'm having trouble with the new Z, but i think like most things (the Celica GT-S comes to mind, its grown on me) its just going to take some getting used to. We can now consider the "Ninties" "back in the day", this is the new milenium and perhaps we're just Old Skool now. Who knows, you generally have to wait till after it actually comes out to make your final judgement.

BTW, i think the new Skyline is more likeable than the Z, if only it had a decent spoiler (a homage back to the GT-R and what not). The Rims for all these new cars are a little too artdeco for me. I'd like to see some thinner more stylish ones and more viewable diskbrake pads (ala exotic style).

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
I just visited a Carshow recently and the best stuff I saw there were the

1) Saab 93 Viggen tuned
2) Mazda MP3/Protege 5
3) Lexus IS300 (hatch or sedan, and it comes with a STICK NOW!!!)
4) Accura RSX (which is the new Integra in japan i think..)
5) S2000 (250 Bph, 6 speed, redlines at 9000Rpm, 4cyl.. wait.. four cylinder? duuuude thats a lot of power to weight/size ratio!)
6) Corvette C5
7) Audi S6 Avant/S8 (too bad neither come with a stick)
8) Porsche GT2 (its number eight because they didn't let you sit in it)
9) Jaguar (or as they now pronounce it 'JAG-Goo-Waahh') XK-R (the back seats are made for legless people)
10) (these actually should be higher on the list) M3 convertable/ M5 (when two tailpipes will do, four will be better :cool: )
11) Tim Burton's Batmoble (couldn't sit in it.. sniffle sniffle)
12) The Maxima 3.5 and Altima 3.5 (very very nice)
13) Subaru WRX (i've already driven an Imprezra (2002) 2.5RS, so i knew what to expect).

yadda yadda yadda, just random information.

I REALLY WAS UNIMPRESSED WITH THE NEW CIVIC Si HATCH BACK (a because i really hate the new civic, and b because the shifter blows). I really liked the 99-00 Civic coupe Si.
:)

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
First of all, there is no Skyline R35. The new Skyline is V35, meaning it uses V6 engine from now on.

Second of all, that picture is not of V35 but of GTR which won't be called Skyline GTR but just Nissan GTR. Skyline has departed the performance car category and settled down for what it was really originally meant for, a comfortable family sedan.

GTR will go on as new Nissan GTR in the performance vehicle category as with a Toyota Supra.

Below is a picture of the new Skyline V35.

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
Nissan met with a lot of good prase with the use of the 3.0 litre V-6 (190bph) in the maximas and later with the 300zx so they've decided to continue building v6's of amazing calibur. the new Z is the 350z (a throw back in someways to the Datsun(Nissan's former name) 240z) has a 3.5 letre v6 like that of the newer maximas and altimas i think.. not quite so sure though. I'm glad to see the Skyline (or it's liniage atleast) to be coming to the US, I was also really glad when Mitsubishi decided to bring the Lancer over (the Evo VII is a really nice car).