Hey Rukee

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Ever worked in a shop that was heated and air conditioned? I just started a job today where their shop is. Has 12 bays, 12 lifts. I live in Florida, so the AC is going to be nice. I'm not gonna want to go outside to bring cars in.

digital-warrior

Awake...
Nov 3, 2001
tx
Visit site
As an auto painter, It can get quite hot in the booth during the summer(around 110 - 125 degrees).

Its nice to have an airconditioned shop, and yes it is hard to go outside to get a car.....

....especially during the winter. We keep the heat on all night so it doesn't get cold in the shop.

(dam i hate the cold!!!)

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
No!!
Nothing worse then having to bring in a car in the dead of winter full of snow here in Wisconsin and have to work underneath it!!

.....If I wanted a cold shower......... :(

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I can remmeber how i was standing besides the car of my brother or the brothers from my friends when i helped working on these damn cars. always in iwnter... : /

I can remember that we once were trying to fix the break-blocks(???). and once we had to roll the broken tires like 2 kilometers trough berlin to him at home : (.
but in the ends its fun to remember. and next summer i can have *MY* drivers license and maybe an old ****ty car...

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Originally posted by Rukee
No!!
Nothing worse then having to bring in a car in the dead of winter full of snow here in Wisconsin and have to work underneath it!!

.....If I wanted a cold shower......... :(

I know what you mean. I worked in Illinois for a few years. It would be 25 below without the wind-chill, I’d have to work on big trucks and would put plywood up around them and use one of those kerosene, salamander heaters to blow warm air under the truck. Most of the time this didn’t do much since the wind was blowing so freakin’ hard. Then if you have to work under the hood or the cab, the heater wouldn’t do anything because of the wind. You couldn’t wear gloves part of the time since you couldn’t feel what you were doing. Then if you bumped a knuckle it felt like you broke the thing. I went through 3 winters of that. Worked on garbage trucks where they were dripping crap from the trash on you. If possible, they would empty the trucks first and have a guy steam clean them, but sometimes you couldn’t. The black snow dripping off the cars from the road salt and whatever was fun. Not only was it cold, but it looked like hell. Then there was the rust from the road salt: That was fun. Brake lines would rust, bleeder screws, all sorts of crap that should have been easy to do turned into a nightmare.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by QUALTHWAR

all sorts of crap that should have been easy to do turned into a nightmare.

thats why they took their best man!

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site

Brake lines would rust, bleeder screws, all sorts of crap that should have been easy to do turned into a nightmare.
Been there....done that!!! :p
Wait....I`m still doing that!! ;)

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
So, Rukee, i suppose you're a Packers fan? I used to be, but now that i'm living here in Tampa Bay, i'm for the Bucs. Their last game with the Packers was a good game. Too bad we lost. Do you wear a cheese hat?

You saw me uh? :p

THE BATTLE OF THE BAY`S IS ALWAYS GOOD!!! ;)