PDA

View Full Version : King of the hill?

Chrysaor
7th Nov 2001, 12:32 PM
Has anyone ever done a Domination with one control point?

It would kind of play like King of the hill, which i'd like to see.

Shin
7th Nov 2001, 12:57 PM
I dunno if that can be done, but I wanted to make a domination map once (still want to, but then with 4 DOM..marks (or whatever this is called )). :p

So basically, I go with whatever Chrys asked :D

Rabid Wolf
7th Nov 2001, 02:31 PM
it has been done. several times in fact. I once reviewed one called DOM-KOTH (whaddayaknow...)

Chrysaor
7th Nov 2001, 02:59 PM
Keen!

So were any of them any good?

Chrysaor
8th Nov 2001, 05:52 PM
i guess not :/
hehe

Lord Dill
8th Nov 2001, 08:52 PM
Ive downloaded a DOM map with one point point. its called DOM-Hilltop if i remember correctly. each team spawns on different sides of the hill and have to run up valleys to the control point. It was kind of blocky but still was pretty fun. easily spamable :(

Im thinking of doing a DOM with one control point with a bunker.... Bunker Command. Kind of like that Aliens vs Predator level. I've started it a few times but failed in all my attemps. but that was along time ago, when i was still a newbie on the Ued.

Chrysaor
9th Nov 2001, 12:54 AM
cool, i'll do a hilltop one, with a base around it. We'll revitalize teh koth mod....well maybe not :/

aeternus
10th Nov 2001, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Chrysaor
Has anyone ever done a Domination with one control point?

It would kind of play like King of the hill, which i'd like to see.

Conquest is a DOM like mod with only a control point. about 10 maps are available (CNQ-LavaRacers, CNQ-HighSpeed, CNQ-Overlord,...)

If you want the only real KOTH mod for UT, then check this:

aeternus
10th Nov 2001, 05:38 AM
...or you can download the mod Marathon.

Chrysaor
10th Nov 2001, 04:24 PM
"On my Way"

God i love Unreal :D

Chrysaor
10th Nov 2001, 04:32 PM
Dude that was fun as hell but I'd give that map a 1/10 :/

I think that mod needs my help.

Chrysaor
19th Nov 2001, 07:50 AM
Hey I released a KOTH map, it only took a few hours, but it's much better than the box map, check it out:

http://www.chrysaor.org/mapz.html

aeternus
19th Nov 2001, 02:43 PM
THX. very nice :-)

i want want to make some KOTH maps too. but first i need to finish my huge CTF map.

btw. the mod Marathon:Rampancy features some really interesting KOTH maps...

Chrysaor
20th Nov 2001, 01:41 PM
I need to get that mod. Now if only ppl would BETA test my big CTF map, and then I'd be ready to do some more KOTH too :D

Chrysaor
20th Nov 2001, 09:07 PM
Haha, dude I did another, goto my site, this one is a little awkward cuz the bots are dumb as bricks :D

I should really focus on one map...