The Deemer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
I'm not gonna lie, i love the deemer, i use it all the time, i have never whored the spawn in point though, if it's there, ill grab it and use it. and im not like one of those idiots who just grabs and fires i USE that thing. killing FC's or whiping a base clean.

so i play on the server The Viper Realm, it's dedicated face. i kill the FC with;
1 the shock
2 The Deemer

after killing about four guys with the deemer everyone yells at me to stop using that gun because its "Gay" or "unfair" they call me a deemer whore and someone with no talent.

when did using the Deemer become bad? every server i go to, nearly every game i play, i get reemed for using the deemer. am i the only one who thinks the deemer is just another gun to be used for whatever?

now don't get me wrong, if someone else used the deemer like i do, i might be pissed, but pissed because he's better not pissed at the deemer, i only kill about ten FC's per game with the deemer, and about twenty with the shock? wtf?

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Keep deemering! Don't let people tell you otherwise. If servers don't like the redeemer, then run maps that don't have it!

SkaarjMaster (aka Someone Else)

P.S. - what I hate are sniper whores!

Run N. Gun

[Fü§îòñDM] Giant Map Clan
Jan 22, 2001
Arizona, USA
www.users.qwest.net
luv the deemer

I like the custom map servers, where you get a good flavor of lots of weapons. Usually everyone goes for the ESR. I figure if they can go for the ESR and whore it until there is no tomorrow, I can grab the deemer and nail 4 ESR whores in one BOOM!

I like using all of the weapons in a match. That is how you become well rounded (I'm not there yet!).

If you only use one weapon on every map, server etc, you're really denying yourself of a lot of fun and experience. I like to slime the area around the deemer with the booger gun.

Hey SkaarjMaster, haven't we met on what was Dawn's deathmatch server? Jsut curious.

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
all i know, is that i stand as good a chance of killing myself as the enemy with the deemer.

but when i get my hands on the relic of vengeance, it's monster kill time. :D

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
SELF DESTRUCTION! That's what it's all about with the Relic of Vengeance. Find a large group of enemies and let 'em kill you :).

I don't even bother getting the redeemer. I just haven't found it to be that useful a gun. But I certaily won't knock others for using it.

PuppyShade

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Sep 3, 2001
Plick-ville
Visit site
once some guy was crabbbin about the me using the redeemer, and saying how he didnt use it in silent protest of having it on the map... I asked him if his dad was killed by a redeemer and he shut right up !!

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
pff, i don't mind actually, though if i have it, i simply launch the damn thing, don't care if i hit any1 or not
its easely destroyed a deemer in the air, so i don't mind the n00bs using it :)

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Hell yeah I use it. If it's there when I'm passing by, hell yeah I grab and use it :) but I first yell: "Incomming" a couple of times followed by a "Boom!" afterwards.

It's great to clear out certain DomPoints *cough* LIFT *cough*

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
I was just going to write how i hate going dominating at Lift and having some damn deemer end it... hehe.

I *love* avoiding it though, when the deemer boy comes in thinking it's clear and I'm still there to slow him the error of his ways :D

Squygx

Just another Old Married Guy
Using the Deemer does take skill. I try not too pick it up. I run with weapon view off and I hate it when, in the middle of a firefight, I've been alt firing the mini and suddenly I become the redeemer and start flying around. I try to aim it away from me while dodging and moving hoping theres no lava or slime kicking around. I only grab it to deny the enemy from picking it up and either give it to someone or blast it off pretty fast. What I find is if someone is 0wning someone with a weapon they get accused of using a ghey weapon or get accused of no skill etc. Its just frustration talking. And of course frustrating your opponent is one of the best psychological advantages :)

DexterII

Overworked
Mar 22, 2001
Laboratory
www.ImAHosting.com
Go figure I always manage to escape from the blast, it's weird all you have to do is hide behind a small solid twig and it sheilds ya hehe.

Also the major challenge is for people who hae auto-switch on and are firing the minigun walk into the deemer and it fires aimed straight for the wall as your enemie lies flat on the ground laughing.... that pisses me off ... not that um ... it happened to me or anything ... i uh turned auto-switch off *cough* after that *cough*

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yeah, that's one of the problems with the redeemer is killing yourself also. I try to make sure it flies a long way before detonating. I played Loque one-on-one in Liandri and could not frag him with the deemer. He must have kept hiding behind stuff like Dexter II said.

Hey Run N. Gun, it's possible we met on that server, but it's not in my favorites, so I'm not sure. Haven't been online too much lately. I've been going through my DM maps playing ones I forgot in Team DM mode with bots. Sometimes the bots can help and other times they are worthless; guess it depends on the map. I'll try that server next time I'm online. Is the map rotation on a web page?

SkaarjMaster

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Whenever I get the redeemer or the damage amp/minigun I spam my custom message "This....is my BOOM stick!!" to let my teammates know to get outta the way, I'm coming with some firepower :D. It's more fun than saying "friendly amp" or whatever.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Run N. Gun, checked DM servers just now and couldn't find Dawn's DM Server. Is it under another name or what? It could be that server I played a few weeks ago and forgot to put it in my favorites.

SkaarjMaster

Run N. Gun

[Fü§îòñDM] Giant Map Clan
Jan 22, 2001
Arizona, USA
www.users.qwest.net
SkaarjMaster, Dawn's Deathmatch server is now off the air a couple of months ago. :( She was running custom maps like the bathroom, bedroom, living room, PCROOM, etc. She always tweaked the maps on her server to have plenty of hidden areas with lots of power ups. Dawn would come on and play with everyone and show them hints, hidden areas, etc. It was pretty cool. I thought for sure that you and I had met on there, before.

Now, I'm playing on the 18 person DM server running very similar maps, with Garage, bedroom, bathroom, etc. I'll find the IP and post it here.